Waking Repeatedly Method-WRM

This is a technique I thought up a year and a half ago. It worked for me, and now I’m writing this (it will be edited for less confusion and more information) to inform others of this new technique. This is a new thread separate and different from an older thread based on the same technique. Read it here: I’ve concluded this!

I call this the Waking Repeatedly Method, or WRM. I’ve done it almost every weekend since I’ve posted this thread a year and half ago. I have more to add. The cold part helps but is not needed. Being uncomfortable is needed. I’ve found that alarms don’t help much because the more tired you are the easier it is to tune out sounds. Being uncomfortable and focused is key.

It’s late here, but I’ve come up with some rough steps to this method. I’ll edit it in the following few days. Here we go:

1. Become tired. Make sure you aren’t doing anything the next day, because there is a chance of over sleeping. I don’t want anyone out there being late for anything!

I suggest waking up really early the following morning, 4 am, 5 am, doesn’t matter. If you’re afraid of not being tired that night, exercise or do something else to exhaust you.

1. The night of said method, find what makes you uncomfortable. Suggestions: lying on hard surfaces, cold, too hot, sitting upright, being very hungry (not recommended), etc. This will keep your SC in a more aware state. It will make your REM cycles more frequent as you awake more frequently.

2. Once the uncomfortable spot is found, before you sleep you should tell yourself to lucid dream. Focus on your RC’s, go over them before you lie down, and repeat to yourself, “I will have a lucid dream.” Doing methods like the WILD might help.

Before doing a WILD or anything else, also focus on waking up (hopefully not before a lucid dream) and having a goal. A goal will give your SC more of a reason to wake up. Now you have two reasons, being uncomfortable and reward. Rewards could be: going to the bathroom, eating if you’re hungry, a warm soft bed, water for thirst, etc.

1. Now then, you have your uncomfortable spot, you have your reward, and you are focused. After all this, it will be time to sleep. It will be hard at first, but that is why you need step one. Being exhausted will make sleep easier. Once asleep you’re SC and your body is metaphorically in, ‘high alert.’ That means you’re aware, although asleep, you’re very unstable. You could wake up at any time, which is intended for this technique to work. This in turn will make your dreams fast and vivid.

2. You wake up. Finally you wake up and your body is screaming for that damn reward. It will say, “I want it now, that’s why I have woken up! Give it to me.” You will have to ignore its cries. When you wake up, do not get comfortable, don’t even move. Instead tell yourself to remember you were just in a dream, you will be in a dream very soon. Tell yourself you will become lucid in that dream. Then immediately go back to sleep. Do not wait too long, and do not excite yourself. You should be more tired than before. Spend only a few motionless seconds focusing on your goal, then go immediately to sleep.

If you are successful, you will lucid dream. If you are not, you should wake up again and again. This in turn will give you multiple chances to try for a lucid dream. Usually you awake from or in the middle of a REM cycle, and if you go back to sleep you usually go into a REM cycle.

Hopefully instead of five nights for five chances to lucid dream, you will have five chances in one night to lucid dream. I’ve woken up once a night using this method to waking up to 10 times or more a night. It ranges. I believe you could have 1 to 10 (more or less) chances to lucid dream.

Doing this every weekend could possibly train you into a constant lucid cycle. Every weekend you do this your mind does the work for you, so you don’t have to focus, you just have to wake up and go back to sleep simply with the word, ‘lucid’ on your mind. Think of it this way, you set your alarm for 6 every morning, and soon enough, on your off days where you can sleep the whole day, you wake at 6. A cycle is always a good thing when it comes to lucid dreaming.

Good luck to everyone. I hope this helps those new-comers and older members alike. Hopefully this technique is worthy of itself, because it was always there and simply found me in mere luck of boredom.

This also gives you more chances to try other methods, to experiment with different variables, to induce and understand SP, or keep your RC’s in check (no pun intended XD) ). Feedback or helpful tips/criticism is encouraged.

Over all, this is a mixture of many techniques. WILD, MILD, WBTB. All mixed together to form this method. Although a mixture, this is a new and unique technique; therefore it (in my opinion) is not a version or branch of any other technique but a new one. Would a mod (or anyone for that matter) post there opinions? Thank you. -REDIFIN

Any results or feedback?

I do something similar, however I do use alarms and stay quite comfortable. I’m a lighter sleeper, so there is no way I would sleep through an alarm unless I missed sleep for an entire night. The theory is sound, but not everyone needs to go sleep on a cold floor :tongue:

True…but for the majority we are deep sleepers :happy: … your lucky, I’ve missed so much school because I’m a deep sleeper :C

It’s been years since I posted this and I wanted to bring it to some people’s attention. Just to see if it can come back to life :happy:

Thanks for the bump. :tongue:

:happy: hope you use it!