Synesthesia?

I experience this mostly at night and more often when I am trying to sleep. I am jolted by sounds very easily. I don’t just hear them I feel a pulling sensation and with my eyes closed it can be accompanied by a flash of light. It can be very intense when trying to meditate before sleep. Any insight as to what this might be? Advice? :help:

Well, I don’t know what this is, but I get the same thing, even when my eyes are open. I kind of wonder if happens all the time but it’s just more noticeable in the dark.

idk what the pulling sensation is but it sounds a lot like hypnagogia, the flashing light, being jolted by sounds, feeling odd sensations like falling, spinning, and perhaps being pulled at are also common in hypnagogia. hypnagogia is normal, it happens to everyone before they fall asleep. most people aren’t aware during this time, but some people are.

i know this because i read up on hypnagogia, i always have experienced hypnagogia easily and i liked it because its so surreal, but i guess it can be a distraction too if your trying to clear your mind.

by the way i am no expert ok? i could easily be wrong, but i am just going by my own experience and your sounds similar to mine.

Thanks guys!
I believe you are right that it is the hypnagogic state. I also see flashes during the day but it is much more noticeable at night. Last night my room mate was pretty quiet and I got deep into the HS fairly easily. However, at one point he let out a snore so loud that the flash of light was all I could see and it pulled at me quite forcefully. It felt pretty electric. Practicing sleeping has made the feeling much stronger.
Other than that my HS is very similar to what i’ve been reading here.

Just putting it in here: Synesthesia is an entirely different phenomena. Synesthesia means that your brain attributes different sensory things together that usually cannot be done so (such as a high pitched sound is green or a sweet taste has blue color).