what does a LD look like?

So i found out about lucid dreaming yesterday and i am very interested in trying it and i also wanted to ask u how does it look or feel like?

Are u seeing yourself in 3rd person or in 1st person?
Can you do anything you want? and how long does a lucid dream last?

I am looking forward to try lucid dreaming

Hello fushar!

An LD feels like real life (mostly).

The perspective can be either 3rd or 1st, perhaps other perspectives.
It lasts as long as a dream may last, up to several minutes, but it’s possible to get more than one dream to “make it last longer”.

I tried to answer as simple as possible, I hope it helps.

Thanks!

and also how much training does it take to get a lucid dream?
After how much time did you get your first LD?

Depends on the person and how hard he/she works. First up you should just practise dream recall, see if you can remember at least two dreams per night.

ok, and lets say in my LD i go on a roller coaster. Will i actually feel the adrenaline or just go down the roller coaster like nothing happened?

If it’s an LD, you’ll feel everything just like in waking life. Of course if you haven’t experienced a rollercoaster ride before, your brain will make up those feelings. You’d still get pretty close.

Most things can get exactly like the reality if you’ve experienced them, If you do something more often, You’ll experience it more vividly, EG, If you eat a load of taco, You’d get a very real taste of it in a lucid dream.
Also, Yeah, You’ll feel a roller coaster like in reality, Most usually. Depends on your level of lucidity though, if your dream is incredibly vivid the roller coaster will possibly feel even more like a roller coaster than real life.
Also, It varies a lot on when you get a lucid dream, The friend that taught me about lucid dreaming said it took him a month before he managed to get one, It only took me three days. Although, It took me more than half a year before I could get a dream with colours.

Today I’ve had my first LD. I have to say that the more you know you’re dreaming, the more realistic the dream gets. :smile:

Nice! :happy:
Yes, rubbing your hands together and spinning etc. can sometimes help to sustain lucidity. Gratz.

ok, so is WILD a good method to start learning LD?

WILD is not very beginner-friendly, maybe you could try MILD for starters? Just make sure you remember your dreams first.

I think the best “beginner” technique is MILD combined with DILD. You should do a lot of RC and keep a DJ. It’s the easier way to get a LD for me. If you train your awareness during the day, you’ll be able to realize you are dreaming more easily.

Make sure you have a DJ then everything happends automaticly .
I’m writing my dreams for 3 months and have had 12 LD’s.

ok then how many hours do i need to sleep before starting MILD?
is like 4-6 enough?

I have to add a little late here, For me the best method as a beginner would be DILD.
MILD is simple and easy, But (Still, atleast for me) it takes some time to remove that “Blockage” in the brain where you think it just won’t work. DILD’s don’t require a lot of patience but will usually get you at max 1 lucid dream per week. Again, MILD and WILD combined with methods like WBTB is undoubtebly the best, But DILD is a lot easier.

For me it is vivid like WL when I see , but blurry the second I wake up even I remember too well.I just want them to be like IWL.

umm, can you please give me a link of a guide to DILD?

well this site has a guide. Just go to the top its next to Home and Forum. Just read from the beginning. Or buy a book like Exploring the world of lucid dreaming. :smile: Thats how i try to learn it.

What I remember from Lucid Dreams is that they are exactly like reality. I remember being in Lucid Dreams and testing how “real” and detailed the dream was, and so I would start looking around … they were just so detailed and I got impressed at that. However not all LD are like that, at least for me.

The way a LD looks depends on your stability and the dream itself. For me, it looks very similar to real life. Perhaps even a little sharper, free of vision problems.