Have any of you died in your lucid dreams?

Um, I don’t feel terminology has a play here. I feel it is all according to your faith and what you believe, as well as the limit of your imagination. Granted, I don’t remember experiencing death, or a death-like state in my dreams, but the human imagination and faith are very powerful devices. In a dream, one can create any scenario one desires. I’ve built a tower out of legos to save digimon from aliens, braved a tank battle (without a tank) to have an argument with a girl I crushed on in high school, and slept with my stepmother on the Titanic, all without physically experiencing any of those events.

My point is, you don’t have to actually experience a moment of death and afterlife for your mind to create an experience for you for your dreams.

i just randomly remembered part of a dream were i died. imagine you play a hard intense video game and you’ve logged 15+ days in it and your great have great items and you are respected but one day you die. the feeling in your gut is what i remember but i also remember my eyes closing but not black but grey.

sorry if a little odd

No but it would help :smile:

Yes. Last night, I had a normal dream, not a lucid dream. In one section, I was Cedric Diggory from HP4. When Pettigrew came to kill me and I saw the usual bright green flash the killing curse brings, I died, but came back, just like in LEGO Harry Potter, when you get killed. I was seeing it from 3rd person, and everyone was in lego form. The dream changed shortly after coming back.

yeah.only once.i was lucid, and i wanted to know like,how does it feel to jump off a clip?
so did it.it feels like… well,i cant even describe it.it’s awkward :razz:

I’ve never had a fully lucid dream. I have died in semi-lucid dreams, however. I don’t recall how I died but in one dream, after dying, I was watching my body. There was complete silence.

I’ve read some of the others and it seems like most of us I was high up then fell. In my case I was low flying through a cityscape and fell. Then one of the tall buildings landed on me squishing me further. I slipped out of my dream body and rose up and looked down on my dream body. I was more curious then anything else. I rose to semi-conscience and inspected my dead dream body and made sure I (phsically) alive- checking my real vitals so to speak. I was more interested in the fact that it had happened and I was alive then the actual dying! I could have continued the dream but I didn’t feel like there was a point. I was just glad the old wives tale wasn’t true!

[mod]Quote fixed. :mattias:[/mod]

I died in a ND once.I was a DO and looking my grave from the top.It was years ago so I only remember that.
I died in a LD too , once.When I figure out I am dreaming I was excited and running in the beach.Then my SC appeared and stabbed me with a knife.When I woke up , my stomach was bleeding and it was a pain I didn’t see before.Nah I’m joking I just woke up :smile:

as far as im hearing dieing in a dream means your waking up :meh: i never died in a LD but i got shot in a LD. at that time i was playing much GTA and that caused the deram. Me and a other friend were having a gun fight against 2 other guys i know. I got shot by one of them and i felt blood dripping against my leg. but when i woke up it was actually the wooden edge of my bed that was really cold.

I think I died tonight (non-lucid). I got hit by a train. Everything turned black and thoughts stopped. Eventually I ended up in the same dream again with no memory of how just as how you never remember how dreams begin.

Sound silly, but I never die in dreams. Ever. Like I’m not able to. I got shot, stabbed numerous times. If I jump down from a ledge, I actually hit the ground. Not long ago I had a dream when I was walking past these high buildings on my way home, when masked gi-joe cobra-like soldiers apeeared at each windows and they opened fire at me with their machine guns. I felt the bullets as slight tickles. Then I faked death for them to actually stop shooting already and when they’re gone I got up.
There were even some cases when atomic bombs were dropped. The clouds were quite a sight when I standed next to it. Actually it looked and sounded amazing but really scary at the same time.

I actually died in a normal dream. I was looking through a keyhole when a bullet took me in the face. I closed my eyes and saw darkness. Then I woke up.

I remember dieing in a normal dream. I was driving in a car with my mom and I was a kid when this happened and I was holding a balloon in the car It flew out the window and I told my mom to stop. I got out of the car to get my balloon back and it was flying to the edge of a mountain. (We was driving up the mountain) and I tried reaching for the balloon and I fell off the mountain. I could feel a very very strong emotion like I was so scared I was going to die. When I was about to hit the ground I woke up because I was so scared but the images was still going in my mind when I woke up when I hit the ground I felt a jolt. Like I was electrocuted for about a second. I was very scared because I had this dream when I was about 6 or so lol.

Yes several times I have dreamed I died. I can’t remember much about any of them but I remember being frightened and having that feeling of " alright this is it, it’s all over now".

My most memorable experience and also most terrifying, I got in a car accident, I was in the passenger seat but I can’t remember who was driving, we went off a bridge or cliff of some sort and landed in the water. I died on impact and for the rest of my dream it was completely silent and dark grey. It was the scariest dream, or probably experience I had in my whole waking life as well. I was staring at greyness and silence for at least 20 minutes IRL time. I’m not sure if that’s actually how long it was but that’s what it felt like. It was intense!! :eek:

I remember dying as one of the ways that woke me up a lot of times in nightmares, but I remember one in particular in a ND long time ago where I was just walking down the street and when I turned around the corner a lion showed up and bit me in the stomach, at the moment I was like 6-7 years old so it easily picked me up while he was holding me with his jaws, I find it weird how I can remember it so clear even now, and also the sensation was horrible, like I could feel my organs going out :confused:

I’m jealous of you all. I’ve only died in normal dreams a few times: been eaten by sharks, died in sword fights etc. But if I learn how to LD, one of my precious goals would be to kill myself in different ways (especially jumping of a building).

Maybe I won’t dare when the dream (hopefully) comes, but I always find it interesting to watch people die in movies. And if I would have the honour to kill myself, only in a dream ofc (I adore life), then I would be able to really be afraid, relieved or whatever the feeling is.

Ive died alot in dreams. Ive drowned (Feelt my lungs fill with water which was disturbing to say the least). The one that has stayed the most with me is allowing a person to put a knife to my neck and then without my knowledge they thrust the knife into my neck with an angle that it cuts trough my throat and then leaving the knife there. Enormous pain that is then moving over into a numbness, I pull the knife outmyself which hurts like a mofo for it to only go numb again, after that it wernt so bad really, I feel to the floor, had a handgun and tried to shoot the person stabbing me all the while feeling life draining from my body (I dont know if anyone of you ever experienced it feelt very much like life draining away like for real) I manage to squeeze of 3 shoots before I just get to weak and cant keep my arms nor eyesight and I just fall flat out on the floor with my head and arms feeling an increasingly larger pool of warm blood spreading everywhere I lie feeling the pool moving down my back to finally having my last breath and going into the darkness. Didnt feel sad nor happy or anything after lying there on the floor, just accepted it and got the “Calm and Clarity of death” which is unlike anything else in this world. It’s Unimaginable until you experience it.

I want to die in a lucid dream, but so far I’ve never quite done it. (Yeah, a bit weird I know to want to die in a dream on purpose, but of course dreams cant hurt us and I would find it interesting.)

I did have a dream a couple of years ago in which I did almost die though. In that one I was running around in a mindless dreamstate of a while in a warehouse district being chased by my step father whom I feared would hurt me for some crazy reason. I found myself backed up against a chainlink fence with him coming closer and had no way out or over the high fence. Suddenly it occurred to me that my town does not have warehouses and that my stepfather would not chase me through town in the first place. In that instant I became lucid and realized with surprise that I was dreaming. It was quite weird at first but quickly I realized i could get out if I wanted. I saw though that he was standing in front of me now and reaching into his pocket. I knew he had a gun. I knew he intended to kill me. :eek: In that second I’d basically decided to do nothing and simply get shot and killed within the dream, lol.

I woke myself up though instead in the next second or two. Still I was able to have the feeling of doing nothing other than simply confronting the thought of death with calmness and acceptance, which I think to be a valuable experience.

It’s in our nature wanting to experience uncommon and weird stuff, if it weren’t we wouldn’t be here in the first place. Welcome to the forum! :content:

Actually, I can’t remember that I ever died in any dream. :eh: