Senses Initiated Lucid Dream (SSILD) Part II

Oh so that’s what that crazy itch is about. Thanks for clearing that up!

I’d be interested to see that technique. Could you post the name or a link? Thanks for the great posts!

I can’t find that article on DV anymore… It is very simple anyway. Just stay absolutely still and in 20 minutes or so the probing sensation will occur. Do not move during the probe then after it passes you enter into the dream consciously. this is simple but hard to accomplish. People often run into swallowing issues… But when it does work it is very exciting!

Hollddupp…
I want to try SILD, but will I hallucinate like WILD? Like, do I go into SP? Don’t I just fall back asleep with SILD? I’m so confused. I hope it’s not like WILD with hallucinations

It depends. Normally there will be no hallucinations – just finish the cycles and go back to sleep, and expect phase entrance or DILD to occur later. However, if you work on each of the 3 steps aggressively, and given the right mind/body condition, it is still possible to experience many strange sensations including viberations, HIs, ringing noises, etc. My suggestion is that you should learn to deal with these, as they will be common in your journey of lucid dreaming. Learn to enjoy them – they are fantastic experiences! Below is an unique experience recorded by one of the SSILD users on another forum:

[color=violet]I just finished a Phase session where I used your cycling technique. In about 5 minutes I felt my physical focus waning. Then the strangest thing happened. I was was doing step 3 (which is to notice any strange body sensations) and all of a sudden I had a full vision of my body. It was dark in the area and I was kind of like outlined in white energy. Then something that looked like a “pac-man” head started to gobble my toes and work it’s way up my leg, it did the same to the other leg and kept going higher. Piece by piece my physical body was being devoured. There was no pain or gore, since my body was just an outline. The sensation was incredible, the next thing I know my entire body is gone and I am in a land with the most vivid scenery and colors I have been too yet. The sensations of watching my body disappearing and then leaving me as just “total 100% conscious energy” was the most exhilarating I have ever had. The mental picture of this really drove that point home. [/color]

I was so close to getting into an LD using this technique when my mom came into my room and woke me up. I was like, “Gee, thanks, mom. I had almost broken my dry spell.” Lol

LOL. My cat does that to me all the time. :content:

It starts out as an itch, then it feels like a small lizard is trying to bite your face off. This is one of my biggest problems with WILD.

I tried SSILD earlier, but I wasn’t able to sleep well. I’ll try it again tonight w/ WBTB and I’ll post my results later.

do you openn your eyes between the 15-20 sec with close eyes?

First LD! :happy:

I set up an alarm before going to bed, and when I woke up i tried SSILD. It worked, I think I fell asleep during the last cycles. In the dream, I was at an English school (not native here) which my uncle works for as a teacher, in other city. I pinched my nose and noticed I could breathe. I yelled from joy and excitment, I can’t remember the words exactly, and started jumping. However, I couldn’t transform the dream the way I wanted, I tried to change some girl’s face which I had never seen to someone’s I used to know, and I began looking for a WritersCube’s clock, none succesful. Suddenly I was home, in the city I live, and there were two strange people, one of them related to previous dream events, but I didn’t care about the other. The enviroment wasn’t vivid, it was fading out. I thought I would really find the dreamclock when my alarm started IRL. I started rubbing my hands, and yelling “I want to stay!”, but I woke up anyway. Think it was better that way, because the lucidity would fade out and it would turn to a normal dream again. Now in my memory it looks like a normal dream, but I’m sure I got lucid. Low lucidity. Next time I must remember to take a look at my enviroment, and ask for more realism.

I remember other three dreams from this night.

And if you got confused with the alarm thing, yes, I set it up to play at two distinct times during the night.

No pnl, you should keep eyes closed through the entire exercise

Congratulations. Next time upon becoming lucid remember not get too excited. Do some stabilization routines first – rubbing hands, crawling on floor, shouting, and etc.

so for 15-20 sec you are trying to see the images and the next 15-20 the sounds, and you are doing this again and again right? sorry for my bad enlgish (thats why i didnt understand the technique)

im going to try it tonight!

Yeah that’s pretty much it :smile:

After a 15 minute WBTB last night I tried SILD and even though I didn’t fall asleep right away I had a really hard time concentrating :sad: (I did get lucid though, very short as usual…). My mind just wanders so easily sometimes, it seems I couldn’t even finish the first part without getting lost :lol:

I realize I have that problem as well. As soon as I notice my thoughts are beginning to get random, I force my mind back to the routine.

About to take a nap using this technique, will post the results!

EDIT: (After the nap) Well, it felt like it was working pretty well, I did a couple repetitions then tried to WILD and got closer than I ever have before. When I fell asleep, though, I woke up without any recollection of my dreams, so I don’t know what the verdict was.

this method, regardless of its original intention (LDing), is such a good method for people struggling with insomnia for sure!

it only takes me 1, maybe 2 cycles to doze off… it’s really hard to complete this few times haha

LOL, yeah it really is a form of self-hypnosis I guess. :smile:

Ok, I have theory why is this technique working, at least for me.

So when I do this tech I wake up for WBTB. Stay awake for 5 - 10 minutes then I’m back in bed. I start doing technique. After 3 repetitions I still don’t see anything or hear or feel on my body, at least nothing special or uncommon for laying in a bed. Sometimes and only sometimes in 4th and 5th repetition I may see something or hear something but that’s very rarely!

And I think that’s just the way that technique should work. In my opinion that’s perfect because we were “forcing” ourselves to pay attention on our 3 most useful “sensors” very intensely for 2 - 3 minutes. After that the point of technique is to fall asleep quickly as possible. I believe that’s because as we were paying attention in those 3 steps nothing significant happened but when we fall asleep fast and by concentrating on our sensors that’s last we remember - nothing and as we enter the dream all those sensor become active and stimulated so from nothing to something extraordinary can and will induce lucidity…

At least that’s how this tech works for me… :content:

Had 2 LDs last night, using SSILD, even though I couldn’t concentrate very much. I think I have to work on my lucidity now, as I’m not paying attention to things and can’t control them in the dream.

Thank you for the technique. ;D

After 15-20 seconds of trying, how long must you pause or something and go on with the other try’s?

(Sorry for bad english).