Remembering things in Dreams?

Has anyone experienced a dream where you are in a dream scene and ‘remember’ things being different than they are right then (for example a building having different layout)?

I’ve had this occur a few times recently and I don’t recall having dreamed of those scenes before. It was almost as if I had taken on the memories of the dream character I was ‘playing’ at the moment.

Yes, all the time.
In fact, I don’t think there was a time I dreamt of a real place which looked like the place ^^

In this case it wasn’t a place I’d ever been in real life, but it still looked as though it was different, as if I remembered it differently. Does that make sense?

You mean, a building you just saw somewhere, like on TV, for example the white house?
Yeah, it makes sense, both those and the ones I’ve been (or live) in are variably different.

Here’s an example. One dream I had this morning was in a location I’d never been before nor seen in real life in any way. Walking into the building I had the impression that it was different than I ‘remembered’ it. This was a dream memory being remembered that has no connection to waking reality. Strange huh? :smile:

Oh, you mean…that building does not exist IRL, it does in the dream, and even in the dream you have a feeling that it’s different than it’s supposed to be, even tho you’ve never seen it before?

Well, I have to tell you, I think that sounds very cool, it can only enrich your dream experience :happy:

Exactly! It’s something I’ve experienced before, and I thought it was pretty cool then, too. :smile:

I was wondering if any others have had similar experiences?

I once had a very vivid dream where i remembered the exact text that i got in it.
“250P, got weed cmon bro, you got me?” My friend got captured by gangsters and owed a ransom or something similar. :smile:
I believe “P” referred to the currency in this dream.

Not exactly, but it happens from time to time that I wake up from a vivid dream with the particular feeling that I have had this dream before even though I can’t remember really having this dream before. The same might happen inside of the dream (which lead to lucidity once or twice) so that I think “Ah yeah that happened to me before, next happens this and this, maybe I shouldn’t go there because there wil be this enemy behind the corner” and again when I wake up, I know that I dreamt this before but I can’t remember when.

This happens to me all the time. It’s not only with places though… it happens with dream characters sometimes too.