2-3 Questions..

Hello to all. :smile: I have a few questions, I didn’t got answered good enough…

1.) I lay down, and after a while I get SP… If I wait and stay calm, will this lead me to a lucid dream?

2.) Yesterday and today, I’ve spent about 5 hours, (2 and a half each day) trying to become SP. Yesterday I made it two times, today I didn’t. Now I feel dizzy, and have a weird cribbeling feeling in my body, and I feel tired of sleeping. It feels like a ‘‘job’’ to keep my eyes closed. Why is this? Normal?

3.) Almost same question as the first one. Is SP one of the stages towards a lucid dream?

I hope somebody will answer my questions. :smile:

Hello! :smile: welcome to LD4ALL!

I can address the third question only, as i have researched WILD extensively but did not succeed in it yet. SP is not a stage towards a lucid dream. It is stage towards the sleep which stops you from acting out the dreams. In fact SP is not required to WILD. Having said that it helps the process as if catalyst. I actually have never experienced full SP, only a partial SP (where your body feels bit… ‘waxy’). The whole point of WILD is to fall asleep while staying aware. How you do that doesn’t affect your success. The method in most guides is valid and helpful, yet it is too structured and tailored for the author and the key is to find your own technique to WILD. So bottom line is: SP is not required to WILD, but it helps.

On the other hand, if you have never had LD, it might be a good idea to stop trying to WILD, as you are trying too much leading to no results and some weird side effects. Look into MILD method, WBTB, SSILD and many others. WILD requires to much finesse. If I hadn’t given up WILD I wouldn’t have had LDs yet. Come back to this method when you much more experienced with LDs.

I cannot stress enough how important it is to practice your awareness. Meditate, question yourself whether you are dreaming or not in WL and this will carry over to dreams. I had 2 out of my 5 LDs so far happen because I just randomly asked myself ‘Am I dreaming?’ and did an RC showing that I indeed was.

Finally, Check out FAQ/Tutorials section of the forum and the Article Space, as I think you may really benefit from those.

Hope I helped :smile: