Ever told a dream character it was all a dream?

I once had an odd and admittedly funny experience with this.

In what started out as just another dream, my brother was in town and he asked me if I could give him a ride downtown, which I agreed to do and thought nothing of because in waking life he’s often asked me for rides since losing his car. He was criticizing my driving and acting like a total backseat driver. Again nothing odd there to signal a dream. Anyway, I drove into the downtown area, and saw a freight train crossing the tracks up ahead. My brother told me quite meanly to stop and wait for the train. Well of course I knew that. I went to stop behind the last car in the row all waiting for the train to pass by, but my brakes failed. I hit the car in front of us, doing some damage. My car’s brakes have never failed in waking life. I’ve got good brakes and I’m a good safe driver. That did it. In that moment I become lucid and that shook me out out of my growing panic.

My brother, who I now knew of course was only a dream character went into a bit of a frustrated rage, calling me stupid for causing a fender bender, but I just laughed it off. I’d decided to rewind time a few seconds and stop this time as I once again approached the car. I knew without doubt I could do it. It was a dream. I could do anything. I told my brother this and for a second he stopping shouting at me, and just looked at me unable to comprehend. I have never seen such an expression on someone ever in waking life at all. I was funny as could be. If anything, telling a DC they were in a dream did nothing short of shutting one up, so I could concentrate on control of the situation, lol.

Any of you ever tried to actually tell DCs you are dreaming? What if anything did yours do or say about it?

I think I did this only once…The DC didn’t answer my question if she is a DC in my dream, she just reacted repellent and walked away from me.

I did this in my very first LD… I realized I was dreaming, looked around and started interacting with dream characters (the 1st thing I usually do in dreams, nothing special). I just randomly picked someone who looked like a friend of mine and said “You are just the creation of my mind, do you know? You are no more than an imagination”

The DC just looked me and laughed. :tongue:

Some DCs believe me, and are totally accepting. Others yell at me and deny it. Its hilarious :tongue:

I try to do this every time I’m lucid. Most of them don’t believe me and think I’m crazy, but a few relish in the fact that they are my DC’s :razz:

He looked at me as if he didn’t understand.

I love to brag about being lucid and perform tricks in front of DCs in my dreams, so yes. I’ve tried to teach them to how to fly and do RCs as well. :tongue:

Seems like its a right thread to share my todays experience :cheesy: Today i had the best LD of my life,which was totally unexpected since i havent done it for a year or two. It happened when i decided to skip the first class and have another hour of sleep. I dont remember how i became lucid. I was hanging out with my best friend and suddenly it came to me "omg its a dream !! ". This feeling of pure happiness filled me. Me and my friend were just fooling around,talking and flying around, jumping over people who were passing by, doing 360 backflips over their heads and laughing how they were staring at us :happy: and then i looked at my friend and told him “man,you know,this is a dream. Do you realize that?” He didnt even look at me,he opened his mouth and tried to say something but it wasnt even a word, just some stupid sound. It looked like he wanted to say something but he couldnt. I said “ok man,chill :cheesy: i know you dont understand it”. So we just continued the dream,i was just happy he was there with me having fun aswell :happy:

I did once I think. I was at my friends house and there was he(of course :tongue: ), another friend and my brother. I was lucid from the start = WILD. I just sit there and observe them and enjoying there conversation.

After some time I told them: “Guy, look what I can do!” I put my palms toward the ground and I hoovered up to the terrace of his room. There eyes were like this O_O :grin: and I told them that we are in a dream and then I was showing them how RC’s work and some other things…

It was cool experience, and somehow I prefer that level of lucidity, where DC’s doesn’t know that they are the part of the dream that they are only DC. It’s always more interesting to see with what will they come up…

And I like to quote Speed Levitch from the movie Waking Life:

“And as one realizes that one is a dream figure in another person’s dream, that is self-awareness.”

I don’t know why I had a need to quote this but I did, it seems right!

Heh sounds like a nice lucid dream… Funny to hear everyone’s dream character reactions too!

I told my dream characters a few time it was all a dream but they mostly reacted very offended and I usually felt embarrassed to leave them on their own and their own problems to do cool lucid stuff instead :tongue:. I now prefer to just walk away and not tell them any more, they would not understand any way!

When I become lucid the first thing I do Is tell the people around me that it’s a dream… So I don’t forget haha. The last time I did this, I became lucid and ran over to my girlfriend and put my arms around her and said “you know we’re dreaming right?” and she simply smiled and said “really?” it was really beautiful. In fact every time I try this my dream characters are always all smiles as if they had already known and were just waiting for me to find out.

I’ve only had three lucid dreams since I started trying to induce two weeks ago so I’ll have to try this more :smile:

My DCs all say “Good for you” or “That’s nice” with a bored expression on their face as if they were saying “Why did it take you so long to notice it was a dream?!”

This type of thing happens to me! Telling them that I’m dreaming and that I’m lucid and showing off actually keeps me lucid longer, but when I try to teach them how to fly or ask them to fly with me, but they just seem bored and turn me down. :sad:

I was having this dream once where me (as a character my subconscious apparently made up for the dream) and a bunch of other random characters were being chased through this weird modern looking golden palace by the guards. After a bit, I got a nagging feeling that I should remember something, and after a bit, it occurred to me: I might be dreaming!

I did a reality check, and yes, I was! I turned to the nearest character and told her something like “It’s okay, you can stopped running, this is only a dream.” Her reaction was something along the lines of "Oh, okay . . . :sad: "

I don’t actually consider that a full lucid dream though, since I never quite got past that phase of "Don’t wake up. Now don’t lose consciousness. Now don’t wake up. (Etc.)

I also did this once… He just laughed and gave me a high five as in he was proud that i figured it out :smile:

This is the 2nd thing on my LD to do list.

Anytime I have told a DC that it was a dream they got a weird look on their face. It was a look of confusion and almost hatred. It was like they were taking it as me saying “I don’t care what you have to say because you are not real.”

I’ve done that before and they all said that it wasn’t a dream. That’s all that happend though. There’s not much that I remember becuase it was a long time ago.

I’ve had two dreams where I’ve yelled “I’m dreaming!” to myself and the DC around me (only 1 resulted in a LD though). Both times the DCs just looked at me blankly with no emotion, not even confusion. It reminds me of playing a video game and you walk away without pausing it and the character just stands there idle but not frozen.

Must say I love that comparisson! :rofl: I know that look.