Motivation is at 0 due to my job, ideas?

Two weeks ago I got a job at a moving company. I’m into work at 6:30 AM, five (sometimes six) days a week. I’m working 12/13 hour days and all I feel like doing when I finally get home is taking a shower and going to sleep.

I’ve been trying MILD because I don’t need to lose sleep and it really fits my schedule. However, I always fall asleep without a complete mantra, forget because I’m too tired, or just don’t put any meaning behind my mantra.

The few days I tried MILD before the job using my mantra, I got some FLDs and a NLD ABOUT lucid dreaming, but since getting the job I haven’t had anything close to that.

Recall is almost nonexistent again.

The odd thing is is that I realize where my problem is but no matter what I do, no matter how much intent I put on remembering to say my mantra, it always fails. I’ve even tried to start using Lucid Living again, but this is the type of job you NEED to shut your brain off for in order to get things done effectively.

Can anyone help? What do I do to balance LDing and a job like this? Or what can I do to use MILD effectively in this situation?

Try WILD. I think it works better if you’re tired, you don’t have to remember to do anything, you don’t need DR, just lie still, don’t move and try to stay sharp (which is the hardest part).

It isn’t easy, fast or effortless but what is?

Also, you can throw in reality checks into your daily life.

I’m going to get so much flak for posting this, but I had a similar situation as you. I’m a carpenter in the construction industry. I too work long days and when I work it’s a pain, my body is in pain and achy, I’m always very tired and when I get home, like you, all I ever wish to do is just rest.

So, with that in mind, what I’m about to say is not for everyone. So before anyone goes on about how bad these things are and how stupid I am for suggesting it, bare in mind that herbal teas don’t work for everyone for different reasons and some people just simply don’t want to try it at all.

Okay. Now that we have that disclaimer out of the way…
I’ve been experimenting with different herbs in teas and their effects on sleep and dreams. So far, I have found Damiana herb to be of the most help with this. This is my recipe, but you may see it fit to change as you wish.

For this, you will need a small filter teabag or (my personal favourite) a tea-ball (basically a metal filter for teas which is totally reusable), and a bit of the Damiana herb.

Put 4 teaspoons of the dried Damiana herb into the teabag or teaball. Pour freshly boiled water into the cup with the teabag/ball and let it steep for 10 to 15 minutes. The dried Damiana is very fluffy, so after you pour the cup, knock the bottom of the cup lightly on the tabletop surface a few times to get out the air bubbles (not really necessary, I just like to do that… )
Drink this mixture half an hour before you go to bed. It should make you feel nice and relaxed in body and mind, and I have found as well that my dreams are quite vivid, strange and the effect on my dream recall was a slight improvement because the dreams were simply more memorable.

Another option is this tea I found at Whole Foods near-by, called “Lucid Dream Tea” which is supposed to improve dream recall. I found that for me personally it did, but I have not found any scientific evidence to support the claim that it has any effect on sleep or dreams, in any case, the main and only ingredient in the tea is an herb called “Sweet Gale” and the tea is made by a company called “The Algonquin Company” which is based in Canada. Again, for me personally it had the desired effect of increased dream recall, but I cannot be sure if it is due to the tea or if it is simple a placebo effect.

Also, keep a dream journal, and write in it as often as you can. Try to incorporate the dreaming mind into waking reality. Even when you’re at work you can afford to think about dreaming at least, even if your hands are busy and you are unable to plug your nose, just will yourself to fly for example, or will your bosses head to explode, and if either happens, you’re either an extremely lucky person (or unlucky, because you just lost a job but you’ll probably be able to get workers compensation cause your bosses head just sploded) or you’re dreaming.