Doctor Who infiltrating my Dreams?!

Yesterday, I had an odd and vivid dream. Today, I realized that almost EVERYTHING from that dream was from the Doctor Who episodes “Rise of the Cybermen” and “The Age of Steel,” but with my own characters? There was quite possibly a bit of “Bad Wolf” thrown in there, but here’s my question:
Why the heck did I only dream about Doctor Who when I haven’t watched it in a week or so (and that is a long time for me. :tongue: )

Well, it doesn’t have to be the same day in order for you to dream about it.
Sometimes I dream about something only days after I’ve seen it/played it/read it.

So nothing strange :smile:

Ah, why can’t my mind be more original?! And do I really watch Doctor Who that much? (Correct Answer: Yes :razz: )

It was probably just one of those random dreams. You might have had a quick thought of it through the day that you forgot about that triggered it. You never know. If it happens again, maybe ask one of the characters why you’re dreaming about Doctor Who. That might give you the answer you’re looking for. Or at least a hint.

My personal opinion, though, is that it was just a random dream.

Thanks, it was just that it was almost the exact same as the episode! The similarities were weird, but maybe you are right. After all, when do I NOT think about Doctor Who?! :razz:

Was it a recent episode?

Mm, sort of? I watch it on Netflix. But, no, not really, since I already finished the finale of that season. :sad:

Just curious. Must just have been your subconscious. I figured that it might just have been triggered by how recent it was. Since it wasn’t one that you watched recently, I guess that doesn’t have much to do with it. I’m sure it was just random.

Yeah. Weird. Do you watch Doctor Who at all?

I’m not exactly sure why we dream about things that are not major influences before sleep, but you probably subconsciously enjoy the show so much you want to keep on watching. I dream a lot about Doctor Who as well, and it’s been several weeks since I’ve been able to watch, so you’re not alone :smile:

Hahahaha, that’s good!

Your subcoucious probably really wants to watch that specific episode. Watch it and see how it feels irl. There have been times I’ve listened to as song while dreaming only to wake with the subject matter of it all through my head the next day and when I finally listen to that specific song, it sounds so amazing

OOOH! AN EXCUSE TO REWATCH IT!
Haha, interesting theory. Like when I get a song stuck in my head I can’t get it out until I listen to it! COOL!

Exactly, the same thing happens with dream songs maybe? It kinda just carries over to waking life until you satisfy some subconscious craving haha

Haha, in my first LD I heard the song Sandstorm by Darude. Of course, as soon as I woke up I listened to it!