Does anyone use a sleep mask?

Author  Message 
SamBamboo
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: Lost count

Does anyone use a sleep mask?
PostPosted: Fri 20 Jul, 2012  Reply with quote

I was wondering if anyone uses a sleep mask? and if so does that at all induce LD simply by noticing that you are seeing things? I guess it could be a great RC.

Current LD goal(s): Achieve crystal clear vision ... ALWAYS and effortlessly
Brielle
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 50+

I use a sleeping mask and I have used one for years, it used to be because I would have trouble sleeping because my eyes just want to be open all the time, now it's more out of habit. Either way, it never affected my lucid dreaming in any way.
Maybe it could be an RC though... but it doesn't really matter if you have a mask, does it? I mean, you're not seeing anything anyway when you're trying to sleep (Unless you sleep with your eyes open).

Current LD goal(s): win a chess match
Paulius
Carbon-based lifeform
Dream Deity
LD count: 31

What you meant, I suppose, is the sleeping mask made specifically for LD'ing. It merely flashes a few lights when you are in REM, thus making flashing DS's appear. If you are trained to RC whenever you see those signs, a such mask is a good way to help you get some LD's. I wouldn't call that mask a LD-inducer. I would rather call it a DS-inducer. The reality checking procedure is up to you and the mask can't help you any more at that point.

Current LD goal(s): Have a lightsaber duel with a DC.
SamBamboo
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: Lost count

PostPosted: Sat 21 Jul, 2012  Reply with quote

No I meant for the simple fact that if you do indeed see images "dreams" well then you must be dreaming because you know you have a mask on.

Current LD goal(s): Achieve crystal clear vision ... ALWAYS and effortlessly
Paulius
Carbon-based lifeform
Dream Deity
LD count: 31

PostPosted: Sat 21 Jul, 2012  Reply with quote

SamBamboo wrote:
No I meant for the simple fact that if you do indeed see images "dreams" well then you must be dreaming because you know you have a mask on.

Yeah, that might be a kind of RC, but it has a problem - it is very easy to actually forget that you have a sleeping mask on your eyes, and you will not notice anything strange about seeing stuff when you are dreaming. When you are asleep, you usually forget what you were doing in WL.
I guess you could do RC's whenever you see something, but that would be a mess tounge2

Current LD goal(s): Have a lightsaber duel with a DC.

print