C-WILD Amazing technique

I used to do this by accident before I understood what LD was. Ive always had trouble sleeping so getting up and doing something else was something that happened a lot when I went to bed. I would get up make a drink, read or watch a movie then go back to bed. I used to purposely think of something to concentrate my mind-like counting sheep or going through the alphabet- then I would find I still couldnt sleep so I get out of bed again and go out to the kitchen to make another drink, somewhere between my room and my kitchen I realise I am in a dream even though it seems to be very very real because :om: I am either up on the ceiling or my hoover has a face…it doesnt in RL :content: I was too scared though to understand I could control it because really weird things used to happen, I knew I was asleep, I used to try and physically open my eyes even though in the dream they were open…make sense? I would try and wake my sleeping self up rather than enjoy the dream. These days though i know what is happening so it doesnt freak me out so much.

I am so glad I ran into this site!!!

I don’t understand how can this work… You get to REM in a half a hour or longer, how can you start LD by just counting to 100 in few minutes?

you sir are a genius!

If you use this tech with WBTB you could go straight into REM. You are right though, if you use this tech at the begining of the night it would be pretty much impossible because it ussually takes about an hour and a half to enter REM.

I read this thread a couple of days ago, and remembered it when I woke up around 4am. I read a few threads on the forum, then tried this method. I had trouble simply counting and tried the method someone mentioned about seeing a hand write the number on a chalkboard, then the other hand erasing it. That worked better, but I fell asleep. I have read about MILD, but anytime I’ve tried it, I simply fall asleep. I did have very vivid dreams and excellent recall this morning. In one dream, I dreamed that I was sleeping in bed in a strange room and felt myself going into an LD, but couldn’t quite get there b/c when I would try a RC, it would wake me up (in my dream). I’ve been struggling with DR lately, so this method helped with that and I am going to keep trying. My third LD is being elusive!

I think I’ll use it tonight. But I’ll count slowly. Will this be the lucky card draw?

Hi there. I want to try this technique, but I have a small problem. I can’t wake up at night. I don’t hear an alarm clock. Do you know what’s the reason?

You don’t even have mini-waking ups? Nothing? I wake up normally every few hours every night.

If I want to be sure to wake up around 3-4am, I drink a big glass of water right before bed. Never fails! Luckily, I’m not a bed wetter. :grin:

I do not remember any mini-waking ups
of the night. I used to wake up
at night to the WILD try, but now I
can not

That sounds strange. Maybe you don’t remember it? I don’t know what you could try, other than someone else who hears alarm clocks and wakes you up. Or a really close and loud alarm.

Emm… I have got really loud alarm in phone, which lies under a pillow, so…:smile: I don’t know what to do.

Wow I never expected this thread to take off. I haven’t tried the technique, so it is still pretty unrefined.

This technique originally for me was just for when I woke up in the night unententionally, this will vary on how often it happens for each person. I can’t use an alarm in the night because of my parents living in the house, hence I have never tried it by forcing myself to wake up, however I guess that it would work the same.

To answer lauris because you have just woken up then you can fall asleep again very quickly (within 5 seconds.), and if you can continue to count in your mind whilst your body has fallen asleep you have succeeded in the basics of WILD, by opening your eyes and doing an RC you are trying to force your body into a false awakening.

I will try and answer any more questions in a minute, I just have to go off and do something for the next hour, will type more after that.

When you wake up in the morning you can fall back to REM sleep very quickly (we’re talking seconds here), so theoretically the counting can keep you aware until you have fallen asleep again. :grin:

Small question…How fast do we have to count? I read that someone simply counted their breathes up to 100…But I’m not sure. I tries it that way and at around 60 I started to feel my heart beating faster. But I also think that I stayed up too much when I woke up…

I just count seconds, counting breaths could be a possible problem as it is a connection with your physical body and stop you falling asleep.

I have had the most success doing it as soon as I wake up in the night, not waiting any time atall, when I do that it works after only about 20 seconds, if I try and count any longer than that I tend to just fall asleep while still counting.

Oh ok…I guess I should count seconds instead then ^^ Not sure if I’ll be able to remember to count the instant I wake up though…Hmm I’ll see what I can do. Thanks ^^

Wow, This is the kind of technique I’ve been looking for! A technique that doesn’t take too long, and doesn’t require much effort. Over the next week or two, I’ll practice this and DEILD. I’ll keep you up with my progress, and say if this works or not for me. Thanks!

Today I tried the normal WILD technique. After SP I started feeling vibrations and scratching noise but I didn’t know what to do. Should I open my eyes? Because when I did, nothing was different and I tried to do a RC but it didn’t work. :cry:

I put my alarm clock to 6:00 am and I tried to do the C-WILD, but I fell asleep. :tongue:
I did have some vivid dreams.

Some help, please? :help: :confused: