How to get into the habit of doing reality checks?

What are some ways to get into the habit of doing reality checks regularly? Do you just do them whenever you suddenly think about dreaming/reality checks and you eventually get into the habit, or is there a technique you can use?

I do them when ever weird things happen or I feel weird or like something is just peculiar. I also do it every time i wake up(false awakening) as well as whenever I think of dreaming

I do them whenever I see (or think) about any of my dream signs. The main situations I use are those:

1. Upon waking up (to prevent FA’s)
  2. When I’m writing in my DJ (again, to prevent FA’s)
  3. When I am scared (in ND’s, there are many things that can scare you)
  4. When I see something illogical
  5. When I hear or see people talk about LD’s, or when I think about LD’s myself.

In this case, I must do a RC right now :razz:

I just do RCs more or less randomly throughout the day, as there is absolutely no chance of me recognizing anything odd in a dream. My mind is way too foggy during the drem state. Occasionaly, one of those random RCs will happen when I’m dreaming, and then boom, I’m lucid.

I do them randomly whenever I remember, and I have to try to remember to do it more often though…

Personally,

I also do it when I think about LD, but I have recently downloaded an iPhone app which reminds me to RC randomly every hour (when you want). It’s easier than a regular clock mode since you don’t have to reschedule it everytime it rings.

hi,

I tried to do one every time i go through a doorstep.
And that’s it now i got used to think about during an RC during the day.
You have to force yourself first then the habit will sink down your mind.