Self hypnosis : a good way to help yourself !

Thanks for the help!
I’ll be trying this in a few hours and hopefully I will have some good news to post back on here for you, and this might even encourage more people to try using the knowledge you have provided us with :smile:

Happy Lucid Dreaming :happy:

Good luck, I hope it will work for you.

I would like to tell everybody about that, it can help a lot actually!

well, what if i fall asleep in hypnosis state? :grin: i’m curious, but i’m afraid of playing with hypnotic and holotropic states :bored:

I thought about it and i think it can’t be bad.
The main reason that you get out of that state before going to sleep is that it is really hard to fall asleep while doing it (trust me i tried ) :smile:
And about being scared, there is no reason to be unless you tell yourself that you want your heart to stop :wink:

well,

now tell me how to stop my heart and you will kill me :grin: :grin: /don’t do it/

I won’t but even if you wanted to, fortunatly you wouldn’t be able to.

That’d be a weird way of committing suicide, lol.
Anyway I tried this last night, unfortunately it didn’t work but I didn’t expect it to work the first time. Going to try again tonight. ^^ logically it sounds like it would work so I thought I’d ought to try it :3

Some Monk who were prisoners in chinese prison managed to kill themselves that way, that impressive how your mind can be stronger than your body.

At first, i didn’t expect it to either but you gotta do the step slowly and all of them.

Remember to visualize yourself going down at each step and when you reach 0, it can take some time to lift your hand and you may have to repeat that your hand is getting lighter several times.

Keep going thought. Each time you will do it, it will get easier

I’m Back! :smile:

Unfortunately not with good news though :sad: I tried this last night, at first I just stayed still for about 5 mins trying to see shapes but I couldnt at all!
so then I started counting up from 1 to 10 when I reached 4 my eyes actually started having a slightly painful feeling almost like they where watering but I kept on going as to not disrupt the pattern. when I reached 10 I felt pretty heavy and my body was twitching occasionally (Is this a good sign that I am nearing full self hypnotize?)
Then I repeated to myself for a few minutes I’m dreaming and all stuff like that about LD and then I opened my eyes, stretched and went to bed.

My dream was not Lucid but I did remember it with ease in the morning, not all of them but 1 really really long one.

I’ll try this again tonight and post my results below, thanks again :smile:

Wait,
I have to ask you some question and some advices :
First, when did you do that? I said that you should do that when you go to sleep so it is NOT a WILD and you shouldn’t see shapes. When I say visualize, i mean imagine. You will not really see the stairs.
Unless you did it during the night after waking up from a dream ( but i never tried it )

Then you should count from 10 to 0 so there is a end to the countdown and it goes better with a feeling of going down.

And finally, you can tell for sure that you are in self hypnosis only when you can lift your hand or any part of your body by repeating it.

Remember : Self hypnosis will make you more aware in your dreams or help you remembering them, even get lucid. But it is not a WILD ( I will try to perform a WILD with it but i am not so experienced with WILD. It might work thought )

Keep going !
And ask if you didn’t get any part :content:

I tried, i failed :grin: i did everything you wrote, but i couldn’t move my hand up by mind :neutral:
anyway, i repeated mantras and other stuff to me, and no result…

btw, do you lay on your back or in you normal sleeping position? it can change a lot

too bad it didn’t work but i’m sure everybody can do it, keep going.

To lift your hand did you try to do like small countdown?

Or you can try to tell yourself “my hand is going up to the ceiling” or “my hand is getting lighter and lighter” you may have to repeat a lot and focus your attention on your hand.
Or “my hand has never been so light”

I personnaly lay on my back but may be it might work on any other position.
If raising your hand is too hard, try to extend one of your finger by telling your that this finger is getting straight.

i tried everything to lift my hand, the problem was probably the fact that i wasn’t in hypnosis

May be yes.
Try with your finger next time thought because lifting the hand is quite hard

My hand never moves either… but last night I felt it did feel a bit “lighter”, or, well, different, at least. I think I need to learn how to relax more :razz:

That’s a really good sign! It began like this for me :content:

As I said before, if moving your hand may be too hard,
you should try to only move one finger or to turn your hand

Keep going!

Thanks for the Extra Extra Advice :tongue:
I will try it again tonight!
some things I forgot which I will defiantly try today:

1. to count downwards
  2. to repeat to my self that my arm is light and will go up

Thanks for the help! :happy:
[/quote]

I tried this last night but I think I was taking too long going down the steps because I kept losing focus and I eventually fell asleep at about 5 or 6.

Maybe I was just too tired or something, haha. I’ll be trying again tonight.

quick question, how succesfull is this. like do you use it every night? and do you get lucid every night?

Hi,
I don’t use it every night but when I do, it increases my recall a LOT, like I don’t always remember my dreams but when i do it, i remember like 4 and i got lucid once.

I should do it every night because it helps a lot but i am usualy too lazy to do it.