Let's Achieve LD Together! Part II

That’s cool. I am glad to hear that this works consistently for you. This is something that I want to emulate. The first time I became lucid in a nightmare, I just woke myself up. (Didn’t count this as an LD.) Of course, with lucid dreaming, there is actually no need to panic like this. Without the motivation of wanting to help a distressed DC (wife), I didn’t make good use of these nightmare opportunities.

Hey man, I’m right there with you. There’s a reason that this is something pretty much every lucid dreamer wants to do! Flight really is that amazing.

Nope, I’m on my own! My wife sleeps extremely soundly and almost never remembers any of her dreams. The whole idea seems completely alien to her.

Hi!

Im so f***** exited… Got my firs LD couple of days ago. It was only a brief moment when I realized that I can breathe trough my nose while keeping it shut. I just foucused on my breathing and the colors and the feelings that I had. But I was too exited and woke up shortly… But Im so exited to try to control my emotions and really LD like a boss :happy:

Just got up for WBTB. Had to juse alarm clock though… Lets see what happens. :smile:

Hey, this seems like a cool thread. I’ve been trying for a while now (about 5 months) to get into this Lucid Dreaming stuff. For a while I was just trying to improve my Dream Recall since I rarely ever remembered my dreams. I only ever remembered 1 or 2 dreams a night, and still do, but I have to put in 100% each time to fully remember stuff which discouraged me from keeping at it since it seemed to come so much more easily to others.

I then tried to mix MILD techniques along with the Dream Recall improvement stuff. I tried it for a week or two, no success. I attempted WILD as well with no success for a few weeks.

Lately, I’ve been trying a new technique that someone told me about that said was “easy”. I sit in the Lotus position and relax and almost meditate on becoming lucid and then going to sleep very relaxed. I haven’t tried it very much, yet, but so far I’m not having any success with that either. I won’t give up, but I’m rather discourage at this point.

Hi.

my DR have also been kinda bad. But writing DJ has helped me alot. There is times when you cant remember dreams at all and sometimes so much you have trouble to write it all down.

Many things affect your ability to remember dreams. such as diet, stress and getting up early. Of course there is many things more to that.

But one thing you could try is self hypnosis. It is not the easiest way in my opinion (since I havent been so succesful to get fully hypnotized) but it has been helping my DR.

Here is a link where you can read more about self hypnosis.

Don’t feel bad about this! Some nights I can recall a huge number of dreams, while once a week or so I remember no dreams whatsoever! Dream recall still to this day takes focused effort for me. If I don’t focus, I’ll get almost nothing.

Upon the moment of waking, try to lie perfectly still and reach for any fragment of dream that you can find. Once you’ve got something, try to work backward and forward from there as far as you can without physically moving your body. This may take no more than 30 seconds or so, but it’s worth making sure you’ve got a good grasp of the dream before you start disrupting yourself by moving around and looking for your journal.

For many people, there also tends to be a habit of waking up thinking about the day’s concerns and what is ahead of you. Try to make your first thought upon waking to a) remember what you were just dreaming and b) reality check! That other stuff can wait.

A great technique to try is the SSILD technique, described in this thread. I hesitate to call it “easy” because it does require waking up in the early morning but the instructions are straightforward. This technique has had a lot of success. (Speaking personally, it’s where I get most of my lucid dreams from.) Its author is also very experienced and offers a lot of helpful advice.

Edit: Just noticed this! Big congratulations!! That is awesome. My first was very brief too. Now you’ll be even more ready for your next lucid dream. Great work.

Wow, Lucid Wolf, thank you for such a quick and helpful reply. I’ll try this method out and I’ll let you know how it goes. Thanks again :slight_smile:

Lol… Had BD yesterday and when I got home I thought that maybe I do WBTB… Well I did wake up to my alarm clock but passed out in the shower for a while and when I got back to bed I just passed out. :tongue:

Note to self: dont do WBTB drunk. xD

I tried the SSILD and the self hypnosis technique that Kessi suggested. I fell asleep before I could complete either of them :tongue: but I think it’s mostly because I was pretty tired last night and I am currently dealing with a cold >.< Hopefully, I’ll be able to focus more when I feel better.

So, yeah. I figured it would be great to wrote down my, um, progress in some way, this seems to be the place for it. :grin: Getting back into LDing is such a pain in the neck, I don’t know why I always stop in the first place. -_-’ My current goals to complete are: better DR and more awareness.

Better DR shouldn’t be that difficult, because seriously, it can’t get any worse. Moreover, I have still holidays so I can sleep enough. Difficulty: Writing down my dreams in the middle of the night. :roll: The awareness is something I really need to work on, RCs and LL will do the trick. Well, more the RCs than LL, that seems a bit too much at the moment.

I won’t try any techniques intentionally besides WBTB to remember my dreams better and then I’ll see if I can find any DS since I have the feeling that my “current” ones are outdated… This morning I already freaked out because of a single semi-lucid thought in a dream. :lol:

I’m back again. (look at the second reply in this thread.)

I have taken a long break for lucid dreaming. I have tried things on and off however now I finally have some stress free time I’m gonna try and get back into it.

I have got some binural beats on my ipod I shall listen to before bed (idoser.)
I will try and remember to do RC’s during the day.
I will try and find my old dream journal and retrieve it back from the archives of this site and start using it again.
The technique I (kinda) invented [C-WILD Amazing technique) I shall start using again.

Man this it fustrating… My DR seems to go on/off cycle without any warning… Some nights I remember 2-3 dreams and now for a couple of nights only one and that was only like one sentence. ASD

I tried this program once for a couple of weeks and it really ■■■■■■ my brain up… There are these sleep things and also audio for getting same effects that drugs do.
Well I tried the sleep thingy and couldt sleep at all. The whole night I was “dancing macarena” in my bed. lol.

How has it worked for you?

Nothing, all of them send me to sleep to be honest. I don’t seem to be particularly responsive to them.

I was wondering how does the time when you go to sleep affect DR?

I have problems to go to sleep before 6am for like a week now and Im lucky if I remember anything about my dreams… Usually I remember 1-2 dreams really vivid.

A quick update here:
My school schedule isn’t an absolute dream-killer, so I should be able to do WBTB every now and then. It seems that, if I use only my iPod for quick notes of my dreams and don’t write them down properly using the computer afterwards, my DR greatly decreases from up to 3 NDs a night to one fragment the next night. I already thought about choosing days where I regularly update my DJ and I think I need to get serious about this. Scheduled updating will make this “meh I won’t update my DJ anyway”-feeling get away. I hope.

@Kessi: It’s important that you are getting enough sleep and that you have a somewhat constant sleeping schedule. How the time you go to sleep affects DR is different from one person to another. If it’s possible for you to spot whatever causes your sleeping problems and you are able to eliminate the reason, you should be able to sleep good again. :smile: Often it’s RL stress that affects sleep and dreams in a negative way.

Yup, been there. Having panic attacks and OCD kinda thoughts trough my job and family stress was f****n nightmare. Now things are looking brighter and started yesterday to take melatonin and just forcing my self to sleep to get the sleep pattern back to normal. Though Im working at bar from 3pm to 00-03am so thats a problem too. Seeking day job to have more time with family and more time to sleep :happy:

I just had my first LD, it didn’t last more then a minute or something (I got to excited), but it was kinda cool :smile:

I haven’t been active when it comes to LD the last 2 weeks. I did very few RC, didn’t write much in DJ, and didn’t do mantras before going to sleep… But I always thought about LD now and then, but not as much as I used to.

Last night, I just randomly did a RC when I was in my bathroom… and hey, I was dreaming. I got a LD when I haven’t been trying that hard, it’s weird. :tongue:

Congratulations, Threlm! It happens a lot to have a LD after you stop trying, specially if you had been trying too hard.

I have been practising WBTB for couple of nights now and I have a problem with it. When I first go to bed I usually visualize the day as vivid as I can and then do some MILD. Then when I wake to my alarm clock after 4-5 hours of sleep I get up and usually come here to read something about LDing. The problem is that when I go back to bed and try WILD or SSILD I just cant fall a sleep fast and Im feeling kinda stressed or anxious. Im not able to relax and I feel wide awake. It takes me time to get back to the “sleeping mood”. I stay up like 20 to 30 minutes. Any ideas?