7 Lucid Dreaming Tricks You Didn't Know

I’m testing this, now i’m using 1,2,4,6 and sometimes 7 and i got two very vivid and long dreams, and i almost did DILD, but i woke up and fell asleep into another ND, but it’s still good progress :smile:

maybe it’s placebo, who knows…

oh btw, look what i found:
news.rpi.edu/update.do?artcenterkey=3074

Great post, I specially like the fact that everything can be backed-up scientifically :smile:

Of all your tips I mostly do #1 and #2. I’ve tried not spending too much on my computer before going to bed, but i usually end up doing many things and then it gets late and I have to go straight to bed. I’m really trying to change that though, it’s definitely messing up with my sleep schedule!

Ah God, but I hate massages… WORTH A SHOT!

Excellent post! It was packed with information and very easy to read. It seems legitimate and believable without any additional research on my part.

I just feel like #3 is a bit one sided, but either way - Thank you for the post :smile:

How so? Just asking out of curiosity, since this is the only side I’ve ever heard. I’ve never heard anything that states that an excess electromagnetic fields or electronics is actually good for you. However if you have any information on that I’d love to hear it. :smile:

Nice read. I wonder where yellow mustard fits in for #7.

As for what Nevermore said, I can only say that it would seem one-sided to me as I use my computer for an extreme amount of time (that will only increase… future job is in programming), and yet I have pretty decent recall now and then.

I’ve noticed I have more lucid dreams in a relatively sun lighted room.

Also: This helps me the MOST.
Use the power of suggestion. Simply command what your intentions are.

An excess in anything has the potential to be bad for you, wouldn’t you agree?

Just lower the brightness of your screen?

The reason a person would spend more than 5 hours on a computer every single day is because of work. You cannot ask someone to stop working so that they can have more vivid dreams.

It may burn up melatonin levels, but I am not convinced that this effect is anything other than miniscule. I would actually like to know if the amount of melatonin it burns is big enough to make a measurable difference. But even if this difference is measurable, limiting your time with electronics feels like the least effective way to prevent or restore melatonin. Increasing the vividness of your dreams isn’t a good enough reason to limit your time with electronics (if limiting ones time with electronics is even possible)

This concludes the reason why I said number 3 feels a bit one sided, every single thing I said is based solely on my personal opinion and is not backed up by any research what so ever :tongue: feel free to criticize.

Speaking from personal experience, living a healthier life certainly does improve the quality of dreams!
Infact, these past two months have been terrible for my recall. A result of nutrients not being absorbed well because of some sickness (Yeast syndrome, which I’m still dealing with). Changing my diet (drastically) seemed to return things back to normal.

As for the electronics, I can’t honestly say they’ve had any effect on my dreams. I’ve had days where I’ve been online 8 hour+, and days with 3 hours with no noticeable changes whatsoever. I also sleep beside my cellphone every night.
If anything, spending more time outside makes a difference, but that may be due to other factors.

^^ To all who posted about the electronics :smile:

From my personal knowledge I know that for certain electronics make a difference in melatonin levels; however, by how much I’m not sure. It may possibly only impact it subtly but all the same a number of subtle changes do add up and make a difference. I’m not saying that electronics will for sure make all your dreams less vivid. What I am saying is that limiting your time has a good chance of making them more vivid… like an added bonus.

You must also remember that your initial melatonin levels make all the difference. If someone already has low melatonin levels then spending a lot of time around electronics will make a noticeable impact. In contrast, if somebody already has very high melatonin levels, spending a lot of time around electronics may make a dent but probably isn’t enough to make a drastic change in their dream quality. So for those who have to work long hours at a computer, as long as you make sure you are doing other things to keep your melatonin levels up you’ll be alright.

These are really good tips that I will be using and just wanted to say thank you and make a list of the top tips that I have gathered from mainly just my time being on LD4all :tongue:

1. Consistent sleep pattern
  2. Complete darkness
  3. Certain foods
  4. Head massage
  5. Naps are good occasionally
  6. Write on the ceiling something to remind you to do a RC (Read my topic about it to learn more)
  7. LL
    :cool: RC upon awakening
  8. WBTB is the best method for me
  9. Watch Gizedwards on youtube weekly

Most of these where from your post, and to anyone questioning or wanting to know extra information on ones that I did not go into detail on (every single one :tongue: )
then just do some research on them. :happy:
That concludes my top 10 tip list for LD :smile:

I work on a computer pretty much all day developing the worlds most artistic 100 led hula hoop. Bright lights … ALL DAY! Since Ive been focusing on LDing more Ive been getting them often and very vividly. Not really sure how much “computer use/bright lights” really effects LDs.

Great information, thanks! Good I’ve been working on my sleep schedule the past weeks, it happens a lot that I wake up just a few min before my alarm.
Limiting my time with electronics will be hard though… As I’m using my computer home a lot and at school.

Just want to tell Threlm that I seriously enjoy your profile picture. No homo

Deathnote ftw

I wish you luck on your quest for the worlds most artistic hula hoop (never though I’d say that :tongue:)

Anyway, great topic, I’ll start most of them when school starts tomorrow.

Thanks for the post, I will definitely eat more bananas, rice, and sunflower seeds.

Read this… :smile:

Thanks Kessi, Interesting read.

Nice after afew weeks of putting mustard on my hamburgers along my usual choices, eating more brocoli, getting 6-9 hours of sleep, and sleeping with a blindfold I had finally ended my dryspell. (I know I’m late but this much worked for me)

YES. YES. YES.

I understand why I do have the most lucid dreams on the nights where I don’t use electronics… This makes sense, because the next morning I have like 2-3 lucids and it’s great. I am going to try out all of these, espcially the lucid foods, the scalp massage and lucid living. Thank you so much for the scientific help!