Instruments, instrumentals, inciting!

Wow Wyv, pretty amazing songs. The first sonic song surprised me :razz: That Limpidly Flow sounded familiar, like another song. o_O I really like Professor Layton music, because it always brings a new agey feel to the old school nature of the game. And yes, that piccolo in Time’s Scar is more epic than the violins. XD I have never heard of World of Goo, but that song was pretty nice. Also, you have made me fall in love with Cohen’s masterpiece and I can’t wait to get a piano so I can begin learning it. <3

Despite the amazing amount of Zelda music I love, here is another video game song I really enjoy and like to play:
Final Fantasy X - At Zanarkand. I think these guys pull it off wonderfully.

I am of the belief that some people really don’t pay enough to music in movies, tv series and anime. But there are so many composers and shows out there with great movie music, so I’m not gonna post it all. But here’s some other random stuff I thought was cool :tongue:

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - Fireworks.

The Last Airbender - The Final Blow
The Last Airbender - Cave Jivin’
The Last Airbender - The End of Avatar (This is the same tune as Final Blow, just played differently)
Legend of Korra - Main Theme

Joshua Radin - Sesame Street (I post the version with the Scrubs background, just because I like J.D’s voiceover)

Rowan Atkinson - Invisible Drum Kit (I thought this was hilarious :razz:)

And of course, because this has too much epic tracks in it to not post at least one:
Doctor Who - I am the Doctor (I like how this version has the Doctor’s speech in it)

It’s nice to see someone else enjoying the Avatar soundtrack and I would like to add:
The Last Airbender - Peace Excerpt, which I think is the best of the series.

On another note, there’s a a couple masters of instruments that I wanted to share with you:

First of all, from the same band that I posted about last time, is David Myles. Apart from being one of the best bagpipe players around, he tends to set them on fire. Last may the 5th, our Liberation Day, he came on with flaming bagpipes, played our national anthem and then they went on to rock the field of oh… let’s say 50.000 people :content:

And then there is Trace Bundy… He might have been put up on this topic before, I don’t know, but he’s so good it wouldn’t hurt to put him up twice.
Now, I know a guitar isn’t a particularly original instrument, but there are few that can play one like this.

The Piano Guys took another of Beethoven’s compositions, namely his 5th Symphony and turned it into this wonderful song: Beethoven’s 5 Secrets - OneRepublic (Cello/Orchestral Cover)
They sure know how to put their love for their instruments into music filled with love and passion.

My friend linked me this, and I thought it was too beautiful to not post here. Only for the major Lord of The Rings Fan:

The Dwarven Song of Old Wealth/Over the Misty Mountains Cold - 27 Verse Cover

<3 :content:

Being all aboutthe chinese history and culture. There couldneverbe an insturment i love more than the Yangqin, beautful sound, capable of so much, and just simply amazing.
Spring on River Qing

As an exmaple of it’s diversity, here’s an example of being used in Chinese rock style in one of my favourite game franchises
Interceptor
(along with some other chinese instruments :wink:

Those are awesome Ebil

Holy gods crap o.o Zomg Zelda

It’s epic :woah:

Ok so now i’m gonna go gamey music nerd on you. :razz:

I’m clearly obsessed with Dynasty Warriors so i’m gonna post a few of my favourite tracks. And why they are my favourite.

Ambition To Takeover Is simply a wonderful piece, dark but beautifully made. But the chorus, it takes your breath away. Wonderful build up guitar in the bridge. But that chorus, Wonderful rhythm, and then it adds a guitar, then adds ANOTHER guitar. To stunning effect.

Men of Intelligence
This is just to funky, there’s no other way to put it.

To explain my next one i have to post this
Wei Overture
that’s the main theme for this force. This next song is their last battle. Basically it changes that overture and makes it so epic, thus the name.
Epic Man
Can you say no to that?
Look Back On Your Way
This is from one of the credits. It’s just a beautiful piece. Despite it’s rock style it’s so mellow.

Found this too nerdy to not post: The Island 8-bit remix (pendulum) :razz:

Glad I stumbled upon this thread :smile:

I’ve been playing the guitar since I was about 12, and instrumental music has always been one of my favorite sorts, even before I ever touched a guitar. Still, a lot of the instrumentals I listen to tend to be guitar-oriented. I’m sure I could put together a more detailed list at another time, but here are a few artists and their songs that I love, and that some of you might like:

Erik Mongrain - A guitarist from Canada. When I first saw this video of him performing his song PercusienFa, it blew me away…I think in the distant past I may have shared it on this forum, too. And another favorite of mine from his repertoire is Fusions. Technically a much simpler song, but he gets a lovely beat and some really great chords out of his instrument here.

Steve Vai - What guitar player hasn’t been into Steve Vai’s music at some point? :tongue:
This is one of my favorites, and I love this version. In fact, I like live music in general. It just has such a neat sound to it…I think it sounds more real somehow…more alive, than something that’s done in a studio. It’s the way music was meant to be experienced.

…I’m sure that I can find more than this, however, once I look through the playlist on my mp3 player :content:

[color=green]Recently stumbled across a new genre called Chillstep.

Oh and speaking Sonic I have afew Sonic songs I thought I might share
Un-Gravitify by Cashell
Open Your Heart by Crush40
Live and Learn by Crush40
to name afew. [/color]

Sorry I haven’t checked these songs, I’m just poking in quickly to post this one. Saltarello by Dance Can Dance. I mean come on, a folk dance song. It’s too epic to not post here. :content: Someone posted it so we could dance to and say farewell to each other at PDC, and I wanted to share it here. :razz:

Motion Trio HEART brings new life to the accordeon for me. :smile:

an mbira song
Learn more about the array mbira.

Whoa, cool thread…

but I think no one mentioned the Tubulum yet, one of my favourite instruments. :tongue:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZJNEF6iBNE

I also love the musical saw. I tried to play on one of my grandfathers saws, but it didn’t work out well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1155hC7vms
One day I start learning this. :wink:

Then there is the Txalaparta, a traditional basque instrument, always played by two players.
youtube.com/watch?v=i2B9ddL21LU

And then something that’s almost too weird to be real:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zva0Zw3PSrE

Nice finds. :smile:
I’ve added them to the YouTube playlist.

Just peeking in to post this. I don’t know why it hasn’t been done before:

Smooth McGroove - Song of Storms

Smooth McGroove - Song of Healing

Needless to say, I was like holy shit. His work is amazing!

HOLY CHEESECRAP

And this is his Gerudo Valley. Mind you, my favourite song, hence the double post

Copied this from another forum, formatting may suffer:
Also, most of these songs are not what you might call mainstream. Some of these songs do not utilise traditional instruments. Most of the songs are instrumental. These songs fall into different genre categories.

SPOILER - Click to view

Michal Jelonek - BaRock (youtube.com/watch?v=QMamJvNAhdE)
Michal Jelonek - B.East (youtube.com/watch?v=9FYZHv720Nk)
Michal Jelonek - Vendome 1212 (youtube.com/watch?v=PJAC6oIf9bI)
Michal Jelonek - Funeral of A Provincial Vampire (youtube.com/watch?v=sYC_d0Ey0hA)
Michal Jelonek - War In the Kids’ Room (youtube.com/watch?v=5pm4bmMh4Lo)
Michal Jelonek - Mosquito Flight (youtube.com/watch?v=DIK5tk80RdU)
Michal Jelonek - Machine Hat (youtube.com/watch?v=Ajhjcv6_lzo)
Michal Jelonek - Lorr (youtube.com/watch?v=h3v0yA2Bw08)
Michal Jelonek - Owl’s Pathetic Song (youtube.com/watch?v=wgo9LRDiSdM)
Michal Jelonek - WolfRed (youtube.com/watch?v=W4rAIMfglZ0)
Michal Jelonek - Magic Night In the Slaughterhouse (youtube.com/watch?v=uLvSfmqu1h4) - Awesome name for a song
Michal Jelonek - Romantic Revenge (youtube.com/watch?v=Dvv0a_FCrrs)
Michal Jelonek - SchizoFerret (youtube.com/watch?v=vieCfpP4Htc)
Michal Jelonek - Cementary Woodpeacker [sic] - (youtube.com/watch?v=BACOUI2_xZc)
Michal Jelonek - Lord Mantis Dilemma - (youtube.com/watch?v=mh2IeSLrg_g)

OCRemix Shadow of the Colossus - Wandered On the Offensive (youtube.com/watch?v=IdhPe1udAHM)
OCRemix Panzer Dragoon Orta - More Than A Weapon (youtube.com/watch?v=HRHp1SzC82k)
OCRemix Deus Ex: Sonic Augmentation - The God Machine (Medley) (youtube.com/watch?v=8fnvArZlHtQ)
OCRemix Deus Ex: Sonic Augmentation - Ma Chérie Nicolette (youtube.com/watch?v=J4i16znER9I)
Big Giant Circles - Impostor Nostalgia 15 “Antimatter Factory” (youtube.com/watch?v=SrZ9uQV9yOE)
Big Giant Circles - The Clubbing of Isaac - (youtube.com/watch?v=225qkYqHB5w)

E.S. Posthumus - Vishnu (youtube.com/watch?v=4uO9tyyjRd4)
E.S. Posthumus - Indra (youtube.com/watch?v=tASQLN_EjPM)
E.S. Posthumus - Arise (youtube.com/watch?v=aiYwrmyywRY)
E.S. Posthumus - Pompeii (youtube.com/watch?v=GusLypfx7OQ)
E.S. Posthumus - Krosah (youtube.com/watch?v=YUAULf3b8i0)

Feint - That Makes One (youtube.com/watch?v=Nr1WuUO4BTs)
Feint - Laurence (youtube.com/watch?v=Q77LWPmAp4k)
Feint - Clockwork Hearts (youtube.com/watch?v=32pHvXsxa9o)
Feint - Paradise Lost (youtube.com/watch?v=wZ8HB7XwVAM) minor lyrics
Feint - Atlas (youtube.com/watch?v=vEhEUiEY_Qg)

Apocalyptica - Master of Puppets (youtube.com/watch?v=PH68Z6ysqZs)
Apocalyptica - Somewhere Around Nothing (youtube.com/watch?v=Ogx0LV35meA)
Apocalyptica - Hope (youtube.com/watch?v=qeWTsbkw57E)

Lindsey Stirling - Shadows (youtube.com/watch?v=JGCsyshUU-A) not so obscure
Lindsey Stirling - Crystallize (youtube.com/watch?v=aHjpOzsQ9YI) not so obscure

Bastion OST - Twisted Streets (youtube.com/watch?v=qqQzvuUmf4s)
Bastion OST - The Bottom Feeders (youtube.com/watch?v=js4w6sgxBQE)

A. Armada - Fall/Triumph (youtube.com/watch?v=eXn0K3H8ZUY)
DJ Deku - Migratory Bird From North (youtube.com/watch?v=FBtCHqBiNq4)
Seiklus Soundtrack - Sanxion (youtube.com/watch?v=N6irSWE54Tg) chiptune
Savant - Wildstyle (youtube.com/watch?v=25_gj_ZswCs)
Metal Gear Rising: Revengance OST - Red Sun (youtube.com/watch?v=chPJ7x9iMw0)
Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere OST - The Execution (youtube.com/watch?v=-2_km-xdCgE)
EastNewSound - Lucid Dream (youtube.com/watch?v=a1yQH20FBFk) this is the instrumental version
Atlas Plug - Truth Be Known (youtube.com/watch?v=WXNkfwOqosA)
Castlevania Orchestral and Quitar Cover - Clock Tower (Aria of Sorrow) (youtube.com/watch?v=jLE3BVf_Oww)
The Glitch Mob - Animus Vox (youtube.com/watch?v=17PM-UMVud8)
Histories of X and Y (Dwarf Fortress Theme Rock Cover) (youtube.com/watch?v=mXbTXfoloNc)
Kalafina - Magia (Slow) (youtube.com/watch?v=7HIoCUgyCaE) Actually has lyrics, which are in Japanese
Mythos - Departure (Rockman Zero Remastered Soundtrack) - (youtube.com/watch?v=lhJpfXUGW00)
Portal 2 OST - The Part Where He Kills You (youtube.com/watch?v=k5NJ4Wf2guo)

I found this group sticking out a lot with their music, I have never heard of a metal band using bagpipe as an instrument and the results sound interesting :cool_raz: unfortunately I did not find a video from their recent plays, since the band has added new members.

Yours reminded me of The BadPiper. It sounds pretty amazing tbh.