Is this WILD?

Yesterday I found out about WILD and i was a little surprised. It sounded similar to something I started doing about a year ago. I’m not positive if it’s the same thing though… Here’s what I do and what happens:

Firstly, i lie down and relax, on my back, with my hands over each other ontop of my chest, like you see a person at a funeral. I close my eyes and begin by singing a “la la” tune in my mind, and visualizing some object spinning, usually a chess piece.

Focusing on the chess piece takes my mind off the singing, and jump starts my mind to produce visuals. Visual things like landscapes, structures, and occasionally people starting appearing in my mind. They are only mental feelings, rather than a visual, but after about 15 seconds, i start actually visualizing things as if i was dreaming.

As this begins to happen, my senses slowly dim, but do not shut out, and things take their course. I am still awake and it is easily interrupted by a simple sound, like a door closing in the other room, the wind picking up outside, or even my realization that it’s happening, which brings me back to the start.

If it maintains, which I would guess is about 10 seconds worth, though time lapses very strangely during this time. I dont recognize when I have finalized my entry. these scenes start to come to life. I am able to travel around, with no physical body, and no real grounding. In order to travel, i just manifest the feeling that I am doing so, and it happens. I fly freely, rather quickly through the air, like you see in a movie.

The singing continues throughout while I’m doing this, without any effort of my own, as if my subconscious is just keeping it going in my mind, but when it brakes, I stop singing, and realize that the singing has just been a distant echo in the dream througout.

It is impossible for me to maintain this, and it doesn’t last for very long. I don’t enter SP at this time, nor do I feel any tingling or numbness. The entire process from lying down to entering the visions takes about 1-2 minutes, or so it feels.

I can redo this as many times as I feel like lying there.

I did this just a moment ago, and had it maintain for notably long enough to say what happened.

It is rarely people, but I was in a throneroom, where a woman was sitting in the throne, and two young girls around the age of 8 wearing purple and white clothes approached the woman and bowed their heads. The woman stood up, walked towards them and the vision faded.

The second time, was a person aswell. A man sitting infront of a large rock with a spear against his shoulders, looking down into his lap. After a couple seconds, he looked up, and it faded.

Anyway, that is what I do. Like I said, I only learned about WILD yesterday, but I’ve been doing this for quite some time. I don’t control what happens in these, and I don’t have any kind of form. They are just like movies, and I can only travel or look in directions.

That sounds like it’s on its way to WILD. You’ve definitely got the focus and visualizations down. The next step is to allow yourself to fall asleep into the visions without losing the focus. And you’re close to that too! Those last couple of visions you mentioned definitely sound like the start of dreams. If you’re able to, try to rub your hands when clear visions like that appear. It might feel like your RL hands are rubbing but I’ve found it rarely is. If things either fade or stabilize once you start, do a quick RC (I recommend the nose RC since only your arm will have to move and it doesn’t require visuals). You may be surprised.

What bothers me, is that I can only naturally sleep one night every 2 days. Regardless of how hard i try, if i’ve had a rest period within the last 24 hours, i can lie in bed for hours and not fall asleep.

This here is something I can at any time, even mid day, or a few hours after a rest period. I’m still conscious throughout this. My hearing goes dim as I don’t focus on the background noise, which is what the singing is for, to help drown it out. I still hear everything around me the entire time. If someone sais something in the other room that i would normally hear when awake, it will pull me out of it and i can say what they said, without missing any piece of it.

There isn’t any change in feeling throughout my body at all. My muscles never fully relax, or lose their sensation, and in the past I’ve constantly broke out of it due to a light itch, or discomfort. It seems I can move normally at any time i want to, but at that cost. Maintaining it even for a few seconds requires extreme concentration, so doing an RC would change my thoughts, and ultimately break it. As I said before, usually when I notice too much that it’s happening, i can’t maintain it. Other than that I’m fully aware that it is happening, so an RC wouldn’t be necessary anyway. I have to continue to concentrate so i can look around, and explore the area. I have no form when I’m doing this. No shape, nothing to move other than my real body. I don’t even really feel present. I just feel like im an eyeball flying around.

If it does require me to fall completely asleep, then that kindof makes me sad, as I can’t do this. I’ve tried doing it when I’m actually able to sleep, but I can’t keep concentration at all, and eventually just fall asleep normally. It’s far more difficult when I’m actually tired, rather than when I’m fully awake. Also, during this time, i don’t feel any change in my energy levels. I don’t become tired, or drowsy, or have any kind of awakening when i break out of it.

Well everything what Rhewin said and also:

the things you experience are HH. The thing about them is that they are not your goal actually. You may enjoy in them and interact with them but that will only keep you from your actual goal which is LD. (I suppose :wink: )

The problem with WILD is that there is no general or ultimate guide on how to. There are guidelines that you can follow but you will hit the barrier somewhere on the way and you will not be able to perform WILD if you follow guide step by step.

With WILD experimentation is everything. If you give yourself time you will find a way for WILD to work. And it will work very well!

Before bed I read it’s good to stretch or maybe do some exercise. If will help you to relax and your body will be in need to rest… Usually when people are doing WILD they get to the point where they can’t make a transition and they are usually look like this smiley here: :mirror:

They are very good at some levels of WILD but when they actually get to the point of transition they hit the wall, the barrier! There are many ways of making transition and one of the best ways in my opinion is consciously letting yourself falling asleep when you start to experience heavy HH like you usually do. That is actually what Rhewin suggested in this part:

When he said:

he was referring to actually be aware of what is happening in the moment when you decide to fall asleep. Strange thing will happen. But if you observe then you will be smarter in next try. And that’s what experimentation is about. Learning about yourself…

If that’s not working for you you can try other transition techniques like: rolling over, sinking into bed of floating. Those are body sensations that you need to create in the moment of HH. Those will help you to make a transition.

Well, good luck and I really hope you made it! :content: