How long to have your 1st ld and what technique did you use

also how hard were you trying

My first LD was 2 days after I started. I could NOT stop thinking about it! I did a few things, such as fly, talk to DCs, and spin to teleport. it was a DILD. I was trying sooo hard, and I wish I still had that enthusiasm, I just have not had the time.

It took me a year and a half.
I used WILD. It was somewhat unintentional too; I woke up, decided to go back to sleep and I thought, “I doubt I’ll be able to get back to sleep, but I’ll give it try anyway.” And then I found myself entering a dream.

I’ve been trying for months and nothing :grrr::cry:

@Noetux
maybe you are using the wrong technique to get into a LD or you need to do more or different RCs?

i havent had a ld yet, but i had first successes. for example: last night, it was the third night of trying to get a LD, i was able to change the color of my hands and fly above an ocean and than i landed on an island ,which i created. It sounds like a LD but it wasnt very clear, and i could only controle some things, but nothing from my body. i spent alot of time in this, i read many instructions and posts about it.

@susch19

Thanks for your recommendations, I will try to improve my RCs :grin:

do you remember your dreams or do you have problems with becoming lucid?

sorry for posting it in the thread, but im not allowed to write PM… :neutral:

hi,
I’ve done my first LD after a month. I was trying really hard and was doing RC’s all day long.
It just happened like that the night after my friend told me he had his first one.

If I have one advice, it would be to wake up often at night. It will help you remembering your dreams and increase your awareness before going back to sleep.
Basicaly, WBTB is the stuff :content:

Keep going, everybody can LD I assure you that. I have created a LD association in my school and all the 8 members got their first LD this year !

My first LD was a one week after i started. It was a DILD. Unfortunately when i realized i was dreaming i got excited and froze up i was stuck for a minute or two then i woke up.