Sleep Walking/Talking Question

I’ve been on holiday for the last week and me and my friends were sleeping together in a bigass tent, one night, somewhere in the middle of the night I woke up to this:

“FIre! Fire!
It’s on Fire!
It’s on Fire! Fire!”

This was what one of my friends yelled through the tent with sheer pannick in his voice. I was instantly awake and a second later really confused. The tent was completely dark and other than my pannicked friend there wasn’t a sound to be heard. I figured he might just have awoken from a nightmare as he was sitting upright in his sleepingbag, so I told him:

" Calm down, I think it was just a bad dream"

He lay down again and went to sleep without us having any further interaction.

The next Morning I wanted to talk with him about it because it had creeped me out a bit. He didn’t remember a thing. One of my friends had also heard him so I know it was not something I had dreamt up.

Could anybody explain what happened with him? I think it must have been some kind of sleepwalking but I don’t know a lot on the subject.
Thanks in advance!

My boyfriend talks in his sleep all the time, sometimes it includes sitting up, gesturing, and having his eyes open. I usually just have conversations with him because mostly it’s hilarious, sometimes freaky, and he never remembers it in the morning.

That’s just what sleep talking is. Check out this: https://thebonenest.tumblr.com/post/72029753484/dion-mcgregor-1922-1994-was-a-new-york

He may have woken up from a nightmare, yelled out, and fallen back asleep forgetting the whole thing. There have been times when I have been woken up, held a full conversation with someone, fell back asleep, and when they asked me why I didn’t do such and such later I told them I didn’t know I had to. I had forgotten the entire conversation.

Whatever it is, parasomnia; nightmare; or whatever, it’s probably nothing to worry about. :smile:

Very common. Could be simply night terrors.