Fernando's Technique

Yesterday, my friend Fernando explained his WILD technique to me - lie down for sleep at your normal bed time. Then count backwards from 100, silently to yourself - if you reach 0, start over. Eventually you’ll fall asleep.

Now for the new part - hold your breath lightly (not swallowed down) for each count of ten. When you fall asleep, your body will take over breathing and you’ll notice it. Anyway, he’s had good luck with it so far and it worked for me last night, so figured I’d post it.

Sounds interesting. Not quite sure how I’m supposed to breathe from your description though. Do I take a big gulp of air every ten seconds? Please give more info.

hi,
It sounds weird that you do a WILD from bedtime. Normally, it takes aroud 90minutes to get to REM sleep. Do you wait this long everytime?

Tried this last night. It took me around 3 counts of 100 (around 7-8 min. - I was counting slowly) to fully relax and start seeing the imagery in my mind. Nonetheless, since the start of my counting there were many times I became so immersed in the imagery that I forgot the number I was in. In the end, I completely fell asleep and proceeded to have a ND.

As for the breathing, the way I did it was to breath in softly whenever I reached a count of ten (90, 80, 70…). However, throughout the process I got so sleepy that I ended up missing or forgetting all about it, eventually falling asleep.

So, can’t say I was successful in the WILD for last night’s attempt, yet the technique definitely managed to make it for 3/4 of the way. It managed to relax myself completely, and see the HI. The only problem was that the sleepiness was too much for me to handle. Then again, it was my first attempt, so I will continue experimenting, see what happens. I was going to try it again this morning as a WBTB, but realized I just had a full rest sleep, so I wasn’t tired at all for it to work.

I’ll continue trying, see what happens. :happy:

Sounds interesting, I’ll test as soon as possible… I’ll tell you I it worked for me :smile: