What huge dreamsign have you missed lately Part IX

I could breathe underwater. And any liquid is amongst my Dream Signs (the more frequent ones).

ld4all.com/forum/images/smiles/ding2.gif

EVERYTHING. sadly. :I

[color=olive]Same here…
[/color] :rc:

:ding:

You guys are all pathetic. Hopeless. You’ll never figure it out. Hahahahaaaaa. Just kidding. Truth be told, it makes me feel better knowing that I am not the only one! I’ve really been enjoying all of these accounts by you wonderful contributors. Here is a fairly recent one that I will never live down:

I’m in some room in some building and they are about to have a meditation contest. There is a circle of about 10 people sitting on the floor. I say to myself, I should have no problem with this since my lucid dreaming practice and quest for awareness should give me an edge. Ummm, yeah.

Wait, I’m not done yet–what makes it even worse is it turns out that I am in my underwear, and I STILL don’t see through it! (the illusion of the dream). Dreams definitely have a sense of irony, you have to give them credit for that. I think that’s why the dream characters don’t just come up and tell you that you’re dreaming… they are playful and have to make it interesting.

Wow, I thought I was wayyy beyond heights and falling dreams (I didn’t fall in this one, but I was afraid to). I mean, I mastered all that when I was a kid. I would be hanging from a cliff or a flag pole or something… finally realized I could float down… eventually learned that I could jump and fly for short distances… and ended up mastering flying. And I never had another scary falling dream until now, as near as I can remember.

In this dream I was with my RL friend Matt B. He was showing me this ledge. I don’t know if it was at a dam, reservoir, or something else, but I found myself with my back against a rock wall, standing on the ledge about 10 feet from the interior of a structure on my left, where Matt was talking to me. All I had to do was step sideways until I got past the wall and could reach flat ground. I was genuinely afraid. It seemed so real! The ledge itself wasn’t too bad persay, but the prospect of falling was overwhelming, and the wall at my back wasn’t flat, but slightly protruding in areas. I finally diverted my mind to a task I needed to do, and next thing I knew I was in the safe area, because I quit thinking about the fall and quickly stepped over past the ledge.

In hindsight, it would have been nice to be able to recognize the dream and say, “Thanks for showing me the ledge, Matt” and then jump off into oblivion. But it seemed so real. As usual, I didn’t think to verify my location…

EDIT: After thinking it over for awhile, I wonder if the dream was showing me that Matt was sharing his fear with me, not of literal heights, but of the overwhelming feeling of ‘falling’ in the figurative sense. He is going through a lot right now, and maybe the best way to help him deal with it all is to keep his attention occupied and diverted from his problems, and just being a good friend in general.

I just dreamt that someone from the forum sent me a courteous reply. He used a lot of symbols in his reply (beyond smileys), except that they were attached to a physical clip board! I guess my mind was still in virtual mode, not making a complete transition to the physical manifestation, but I seemed more concerned that I was out of clip boards… :write:

So this is my first realization of a constant dream sign.
Simon Cowell, working at Tom’s.
The menu wasn’t even a Tom’s menu!
This has finally made me realize that I seem to have either some judging person or mentor in my dreams all the time. If not, then I become that person. It’s an easy thing to miss and is probably why I couldn’t take any steps forward with lucid dreaming.

By the way, I have not been here in the longest time. I used to be addicted to Wolfgame, but now I want to get back to the place I was before.
Yes, that was Hotel California out of nowhere.

(…)Then a big white bird falls from the sky into the water. Ah, now I get it, I think, this all is not real, a movie is being recorded. A movie about sinterklaas (kind of santaclaus). All what is happening are just film scenes and the surroundings here is the film set. I can not wait to tell about this discovery at the LD4all forum…

I was in a action movie called ‘Michael Jackson is not dead’ All I was doing was shooting zombies and vampires.

Recently in a dream I was talking to a DC outside on the sidewalk and there were at least 4 or 5 people around us painting someone’s front lawn white with paint rollers used to paint ceilings… I just carried on my conversation without even a second thought :meh:

A couple of nights ago I watched two girls trying to clean a giraffe with brooms. The giraffes balls kept hitting them in the head and face which I found hilarious. The giraffe didn’t like being laughed at and he came over to me and was trying to kick me and stamp on me. He knocked me to the ground and almost stamped on my hand with its big hoof. I got really mad and I said “what the hell are you doing? Look at the size of you compared to me! How can that be fair? Do you realize that you could easily take my finger off!” the giraffe instantly looked very guilty and ashamed for what he had done. That’s when I woke up.

I dont know what it is but ur so dumb when your dreaming u only realise it when you wake up like df! XD

Its like ur condcious mind is paralyzed or sonething?
I describe it as a “neutral state” where u dont care really.

A bear got into my fish tank and was chewing on a turtle. The bear was not threatening in any way. I think it represented my LD work. What could the turtle have meant? Turtles are slow, have a hard protective shell. Maybe nothing to fear with LD? Fish tank = subconscious?

My parents. They’re a continent away, yet my brain never gets this.

I missed being on a property or in a house owned by my parents or other family members and seeing my family members. I missed those in a dream last night. Excellent topic

Not sure if this counts, but over the past week I’ve had 2 dreams where I performed a hand RC. They both failed because the environment was too dark to be able to count my fingers :meh:

Having a really difficult time moving my legs forward, resulting in me walking up a hill really slowly and wobbly. I even said to my friend that “I’ve got that annoying dream-feeling”. Yeah, I wonder what that is.

Also, straight out thinking that I was surprised I managed to read text “in a dream”. The thought just passed through my head though, and after that everything went on as normal.

Walking in the capital and not noticing the tramway was occupied by trees :eek:

Seeing a person throw fireballs, kinda like Super Mario, on his friends to get their attention. I thought that “out of its context, this scenario would sound like an ugly dream”, yet it never occurred to me that it might actually be one.

Great thread - I’m chuckling away here.

Not recent, but one of my very best. I was walking down the road when a duck the size of a double-decker bus waddled by, quacking.

Glanced at it, wondered why a huge duck was in the way, and continued with the dream.

:crazy: