Lucidity Challenge 47 - Winner Rhewin

Lucidity Challenge 47 Signups (Name - Team - Personal Goal)

1. Scipio Xaos - Grass - Update my Scales Armor
  2. Thorn - Grass - Become my avatar
  3. drd - Fire - Fire a mouth laser

4. prose42 - Water - Become a vampire

Hi, I’m new, but this seems exciting and fun. Plus I’ll probably need motivation to keep up the dream journal when real life starts again tomorrow.

I chose water because I seem to spend a lot of dream time wondering why and how everything got to where it is.

The vampire thing is because I was really scared of vampires as a kid. I still sleep with the blankets pulled over my neck because of that (4yo-me thought that vampires couldn’t bite through bedsheets, but now it’s just habit). By embracing the old fear, I shall gain its strength. I’m sort of pulling a Batman.

I’d like to be an arcane trickster. I think this is fitting because every time I try to play Baldur’s Gate, I get distracted by breaking into people’s houses and using magic to steal their things.

5. Letaali - Fire - Visit the frozen planet

I’ll keep my goal same until I get it done. My class will be Avatar. :colgate:

6. obfusc8 - Fire - Tame and ride a fellbeast

RPG class you say? Well my favourite is druid, but I did the whole transformation thing last time round, plus I’m feeling a bit LoTR right now… Ranger fits with my goal.

Class: Ringwraith/Ranger

7. James_UK2008 - Grass - Become a Lizardman

Class: Warrior

Source render with more detail here if anyone’s curious.

8. Siiw - Grass - Make something in a dream and recreate it IRL

This is me for now:
The powers of this recurring DC matches the Priestess class. (edit) Actually, she is more precisely an earth priestess.

Wow, already 8 signups in less than 24 hours! Anyway guys, I just want to clarify a few things. When I say that you should pick an RPG class name, it doesn’t have to be a specific RPG class. You can pick anything that sounds cool that would be an interesting “title” to your name, so to speak. If you’re okay with the class you chose, then just ignore this.

Anyway, that’s it for now. GET HYPE!

I made an avatar. He is a wizard.

9. Koharo - Fire - Learn the werewolf girl’s name

[color=olive]Class/Title: Agile Tank/Sin City Raven
Current form:

As of recent, I had a dream where I’m taking part in a plot with supernatural beings as a human. In that dream I meet an amusing character who is a werewolf. I believe to have encountered her the next night in a dream but she was human and had no memory of me. As I was basically reintroducing myself I’m yanked into combat and wake immediately after.[/color]

10. Dragoon - Fire - Grow some wings and fly through the sky

Hi I’m new but I’d like to participate in this challenge ^-^.
Class nymph. I havn’t found a picture yet but I’ll post it when I find one.

Alright! That’s 10 signups! Now, I did say that I could start Wednesday, and today is Wednesday. But I want to be able to post the tasks at the same time each week, and I kind of woke up too late for that to happen. :razz: So, the LC will start this Friday! For any of you who are just dying to read the task within the first minute of it being posted, I plan to post it at around 9:00am my time (GMT-7). This allows a few more people to join before the LC starts, but new participants are always welcome to join in the middle! For anyone who’s still thinking of joining, the Water Team could definitely use some room if you’re indecisive of what team to pick.

Welp, that’s it for now. GET HYPE!

11. Wyvern - Water - Find out the name of the silver demon

(le gasp, it’s not Wyvern)
Class: Director
Goal: This is another character I’ve created that resonates with me. An alter-ego/persona/avatar/whatever. He just doesn’t have a name. Figured I’d just ask him. :tongue:

Also, obligatory handicapping. Counting only LDs with completed tasks.

12. Tggtt - Water - Achieve collective consciousness.
SPOILER - Click to view

The Psychic Doge!
I know it’s funneh and haters are gonna hate…
Class: Mentalist
Goal: I have sort of recently realized that I can have some kind of mental connection with my DCs. I would like to explore the depths of this until I can achieve something like a shared consciousness. I am placing at least 5 dream bodies as a start. Yes I know it’s unusual (I have chosen something usual for the NDC after all.)
Also, it’s related to my awareness experiments. :wink:

I don’t think I need handicapping, :peek: I am going to be busy in some days, however, I think I will be free enough to reply here. Well I guess my goal is also hard enough…

13. eMander - Grass - Bring an inanimate object to life.

Class: Rogue

Welp, time to get this thing started! Note that this task has team dreams in it, so I’ll be PM’ing you links to your team online workspaces right after I post this task. Also, the score pages are now up and available here! Anyway, time to begin!

Task 1: Elemental Creation!

PREVIOUSLY in the LC, you signed up for a team named after an element of nature! You will also be utilizing these elements throughout the entire LC! Yeah, those names weren’t just for show, or for some kind of weird spiritual metaphor. They’re the real, literal deal. In fact, by the end of this LC, you should all be MASTERS of your chosen element! To do this, we’ll be going on a grand adventure to master your abilities! Now then, we should probably get familiar with these elements now! This first task will feature you powering up and using your team’s elemental abilities! Woo!

Create an elemental weapon30 points: What’s that I hear? This was a subtask in the last LC? And the task this subtask belonged to was also from another LC? Well, this time it’s a generic task that’s a bit more specific with the “elemental” part. This time, you’ll have to create a weapon based on any of the 3 teams from this LC. That’s any type of weapon using any of our three elements. For example, you may want to create a fire sword or a whip made of water. Or make things a bit more modern and create a gun that shoots plant seeds for bullets. Be creative!

Perform pyrokinesis20 points: Pyrokinesis is the power of controlling fire with your mind! Try lighting something on fire through willpower, or perhaps bending existing flames to your will! Any mind-controlling of fire is sufficient to complete this task.

Breathe fire20 points: What kind of fire master can’t breathe fire? When it comes to showing how powerful someone is, nothing could be more awesome than breathing fire. Shoot some fierce flames out of your mouth to complete this task, and while you’re at it, maybe bring some marshmallows to roast?

Perform some waterbending20 points: Take control of water using your mind! Bend some water to your will to complete this task! Maybe you will perform a graceful dance with water… or maybe you’ll utilize water as a deadly weapon? The possibilities are endless!

Summon some rain20 points: Rain! It’s when water just starts falling from the sky! It’s a simple way for a water master to transform the environment around them into one that’s more comfortable! Simply summon rain, light or heavy, to complete this task. Splashing in puddles is optional.

Grow plants with your mind20 points: For this task, simply grow plants out of somewhere with the power of your mind! Maybe grow some flowers out of the wall, or fling up tall trees in the middle of the road? With this one, you’ll need to use your creativity!

Transform into a tree20 points: To develop mastery of your element… you must BECOME your element! For this task, you must transform into a tree! Any kind of tree will do, in fact, I might even accept a cactus or other tall non-tree plant! Perhaps you can try moving around your branches to be a cool magical tree? This should be an… interesting experience. :razz:

[com]And it’s time for Team Dreams! This time we’ll be starting with them right away, while everyone should be mostly active. Read the following subtask descriptions and head over to your workspace with some ideas! You have 48 hours to reach a decision on what exactly the subtask will be! Fun times! You’ll earn 40 points for completing a Team Dream with the team-decided factors incorporated into it. You’ll earn an additional 40 points if you complete it with a team member from the designing team. These values are halved for Team Dreams designed by teams other than your own.

We’re going to start off this LC with a party! Yeah, okay, this was also in the last LC, but I totally forgot about it until it was too late! Besides, who doesn’t like to party?! Each team is going to the party and they will each decide one aspect of said party! Fun times![/com]

LC Launch Party!Decide what fun activity to do at the party! The Fire Team is going to make this the hottest party yet! Decide what fun activity we’re going to do at this party! The activity must feature something extreme in some way. Other than that, the sky’s the limit! Be creative! The Fire Team has decided to participate in a fire/lava drinking contest. Participate in said contest for points.

LC Launch Party!Decide what interesting guest will show up at the party! The Water Team is going to make this party really interesting, with a special guest of their choosing! The activity must feature a Fictional or Historical person in some way who would be impossible to meet in waking life. Who is it going to be? You decide! The Water Team has decided to invite a Mew as a special guest. Meet up with a Mew at a party for points.

LC Launch Party!Decide what delicious food we will be eating at the party! The Grass Team is going to be serving up some good eats at this party! The food must be some kind of imaginary/fantasy food. It can be an impossible combination of two or more foods, or maybe a completely new recipe? It’s up to you what to bring! Make sure to taste it while you’re there, too! The Grass Team has decided to bring ambrosia to the party! Eat ambrosia at a party for points.

And no LC is complete without a self-insert subtask by the host! Unlike the last LC, there are not three hosts with three teams, so the host subtask has become its own thing once more. Neato!

Host Subtask: Have an elemental fight with Mew15130 points: The obligatory host insert subtask! In this one, you’ll have an elemental battle with me! Watch out! I’m pretty tough, being Task Master and all. :wink:

I had a medium-length lucid dream very shortly after the LC started, as posted here. I attempted my personal goal but failed.

Alright. I added it, since it occurred after the LC started. And Thorn gets the first points of the LC! :tongue:
Scores are updated.

Well better late than never. Need to play some catch up with Thorn already.

13. eMander - Grass - Bring an inanimate object to life.
  14. Rhewin - Fire - fly the Red TARDIS while it’s on fire.

Edit: I didn’t see the whole class etc. thing. I guess I will put my class as Avenger (not as in Marvel Comics, but one who seeks revenge).

I will use this avatar:

Right so I’m kicking off with a Medium LD, featuring pyrokinesis and breathing fire. Trying to summon a weapon gave me grief. :neutral: Will have to try again…

SPOILER - Click to view

LDs: Short 0, Medium 1, Long 0

Week 1
Pyrokinesis, breathing fire.

Hi,

I had a lucid dream last night! I used the SSILD-technique for the second time and it was the first time it worked, which I think is really fast, considering it was only the second try :grin:

The dream onfortunelately was kinda short. I remember most parts really blurry but I know that when I was actually dreaming it was kinda realistic. I remember standing in the living room and suddenly knowing I was dreaming. At first, I tried making the dream as vivid as possible by pushing my finger through my hand as a RC. The first time it didn’t work but after several attempts it finally did. After doing this I was completely sure I was in a dream and tried not to be overexcited. I remembered the LC and thought about which of the goals I’d like to clear. I tried the subtasks but I miserably failed at both. At last I tried forming an elemental weapon, a fire katana which would burn an enemy immedately. I closed my eyes trying to visualize the weapon at my side and changing the environment to something more fitting. I remember feeling the sword at my side but when I tried opening my eyes the dream collapsed and I woke up :sad:.
Well, I hope this is enough to get some points and I’ll definitely try again tonight ^-^.