Lucidity Challenge 47 - Winner Rhewin

I wondered if I was dreaming during a nap.

drd: That’s more like it! :fly:

Thorn: Got it, and also counted the bingo task, because of how it worked in the dream.

eMander: Nice! I should try WILD again some time, since many people this LC have had luck with it.

Letaali: Gah, close! I’m lucky if I can even get a solid dream during a nap. :tongue:

Scores have been updated, including the updates from yesterday which I forgot to export… :shy:

Is it over? Posting it regardless…

[spoiler]I have 2 unposted RCILDs…
Tuesday: I flew in a short LD (yesterday nap). I also helped to launch a rocket to SPAAACE. Does it count as using fire as propulsion? (I flew along with the rocket… probably not)
Wednesday: Almost managed to achieve the second personal goal in a really really short LD (I got lucid really near the end). (but I failed to conduct and just watched instead). During the ND moments, I did trade some playing cards with a DC I am not sure if that counts. I was completely absent minded by then and didn’t do that in purpose.
Details
[/spoiler]

Did the telepathy bingo subtask 2 nights ago in a Zelda themed dream where no one actually spoke.

I know I did the mirror one too, like twice, but can’t remember the dreams now because my recall is deciding to take a little dip, so I won’t claim until I remember or simply do it again.

Here’s a short lucid dream as well as me exploring some kind of dungeon.

More Peculiar Games - Short Lucid Dream ~ Task 4 Part 1

Stats so Far:

[spoiler][b]NLDs: 7[/b]
[b]Short LDs: 5[/b]
[b]Medium LDs: 1[/b]
[b]Long LDs: 1[/b]

Task 1:-E U̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶e̶l̶e̶m̶e̶n̶t̶a̶l̶ ̶w̶e̶a̶p̶o̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ Breathed fire. | Grew a plant and summoned rain. | Performed pyrokinesis.
Task 2:-E Briefly visited an RPG town. | Traded with a DC.
Task 3:-E Observed birds in flight. | Grass Team MEGA & ULTRA
Task 4:-C Polymorphed into a monster. | Explored a dungeon.
Task 5:-E Flew, used fire as propulsion, and floated like a spore.
Extended Task: C2 & L3 | I3 | I5 | U2[url=https://community.ld4all.com/t/lucidity-challenge-47-awards-ceremony/39989/164], D3, & C5[/url] | C1 | D1
[/spoiler]

Tggtt: It’s not over till it’s over!

Wyvern: Will Wyvern completely fill up his bingo sheet before the LC ends?! :razz:

Scipio: Congrats on the LD, even if it was very brief.

Scores are updated

I REMEMBER.

In the Zelda dream, I was in the Windwaker world. I went on Tetra’s pirate ship where I found a square shaped mirror like one found at my grandparents’ house. Stepping through it instead brought me to my apartment where I snacked on delicious muffins. :happy:

^Nice. Got it. And that single task completion gave you 90 whole points. :woo:

Scores are updated

Gah, I got a serious case of last-week-of-the-challenge inexplicable lucid rate drop off… :sigh:

Short fuzzy LD with no tasks.

Is it over?
Well this morning…

[spoiler]Thursday entry: I had a somewhat long LD (It had moments of instability that I managed to overcome :whew:), I went to a quest to talk to a spirit animal. I managed to talk to lots of animals, they were telling me hints and more hints to point what would be my real spirit animal. In the end, it became clear that it could be all of them (their hints were cyclic, each one pointed to the next one until one of them told me they all were). It involved several rodents, birds, canines and felines. DOES IT COUNT? This was kind of funny because usually animals don’t talk to me in dreams, I usually only use telepathy to communicate to them in LDs instead of talking like this.
Also I flew again (ignore that part).[/spoiler]

:peek: hurry up, hurry up… is it finished yet? When’s the new one start? :lol: I want to join a challenge and win one so I can be task master.

Congrats Wyvern. I think you may of won it. :partying_face:

Here are a short and a medium-length lucid dream with no tasks accomplished.

[color=olive]Managed a short, medium, and long LD.
-I flew while lucid in the med LD, and the rest were fails/near misses.

[spoiler]-Saw Vicerroth but didn’t get to fight him
-Couldn’t spit fire
-Arrived in what I believed to be a dungeon, but didn’t get to do any exploring
-Domestic cats I wouldn’t consider wildlife when there are octopus, tigers, etc to study
-Encountered a teammate, but didn’t recall didn’t do or recall any tasks[/spoiler]
Here

Other than that its been fun, way to shake things up Mew. Good game everyone and congrats Wyvern![/color]

AH! It’s almost over! I dreamt of a dungeon last Sunday, but I’m so slow at posting dreams so it’s the first dream here.

Well, in any case, I’ve really enjoyed my first LC, even if I didn’t incubate as many dreams as I wanted. :open_mouth: It’s been fun! Perhaps I shall have to participate in more. :woah:

Last night I had a chain of 7-10 DEILDs for a long length. While flying I was able to make fire shoot out of my hands and feet as if it were propelling me to fly. I was flying before I made this effect happen, so I’m not sure if it counts. Also I put on my backpack, and flew as if it were a jetpack.

Alright, the last task is over, everyone. Anyone who got any points prior to this post going up can still redeem any points up until 12 hours after it has been posted. Last minute point dumps are allowed within this time frame, but try to post them early if you can. :tongue: The final results and the conclusion to our little story will be posted 12 hours from now, and any additional contestations can be posted for an additional 12 hours. No point dumps allowed. :razz:

Anyway, until the final scores are posted, the scores are hidden on the score page! :ebil:

A medium LD from 2 nights ago where I found myself in a building that looked like a cross between a store and a school. People were dressed in suits and everyone was openly homophobic. o.O As we walked down the hall, I changed the scenery to that of a dungeon.
I also transformed into a tree and while doing so, caused a treehouse to form on my head. I was later able to separate from this tree form and climb up the tree and stand by the tree house, quite out of place in the dungeon.

In a long LD that morning, I was at a party in a place surrounded by gates. #partygate
I spent a lot of time eating snacks. Thorn and Rhewin were there too. And a gorilla and some trainer. The snacks seemed to cause us to grow and make us strong, and since Thorn and I both ate them, I’m claiming the ambrosia subtask. :razz:
I also flew around a bit and remembered there was some other task that involved flying of some sort. I then made myself feel really light and began floating effortlessly. Thorn did the same but could not stop, so he spent the remainder of the dream holding onto the gate.
Remembering I could do the party subtasks, I went over to do the lava eating contest with Rhewin. The lava was in Dunkaroo packs for some reason. I had one that looked like lava and tasty hot and spicy and another one that was the normal Dunkaroo dip. I couldn’t try anymore as Rhewin hoarded the rest of the packs while he continued to eat, so I simply left.
I woke up briefly and remembered the Floraiju subtask was easy points, so I re-entered the dream causing the creature to appear next to a table, looking around quite confused and lost. I then incinerated the Floraiju… and felt a little bad about it. XD

In a long LD from last night, I started the dream by turning into a vampire and could feel my sharp teeth with my tongue. My clothes had also changed to black. I seemed to be in a pickup truck in middle of a desert. I left the truck and headed to a random store nearby. The sun didn’t affect me because dream power=OP, though I could feel its heat more than usual. I made a sword appear and set it on fire, but it kept going out for some reason. Keeping it lit for a while, I shot the fire to the ground in an attempt to propel myself. It took a few tries to work.
My plan was to propel myself to a cloud… but there were no clouds. :meh:
I entered the store and got distracted by food.

In another long LD, there was this huge gun/money/Breaking Bad plot going on. Thorn was there at some point. And near the end of the dream I remembered the tasks. I tried to be as efficient as possible and turned a nearby belt into the Aquadra. While it continued to grow, this freaked out everyone in my grandparents’ house where I happened to be. :razz: The creature looked simplified, like something out of the game Scribblenauts, but still fit the descriptors. I tossed some nearby fruit at it, and it ate them happily, a food icon appearing over its head, and then a happy face one. So I tamed the Aquadra.

OK I meant to write out all of these dreams but frankly I just ran out of time. I’ll be happy to go into more detail later, but for now let me just claim what I did.

Unclaimed Pts From Last Week
3 short LDs, one with a chain.
2 long LD
4 medium LDs
My longest LD ever!!!

In one of above LD I went to the party and had a lava drinking contest with Mew151… shame I forgot to get a team mate. But that also means I met Mew. I also ate ambrosia with Thorn. Or at least he said it was ambrosia. The party was at a forest shrine of some kind.

Explored a dungeon from Skyrim in an ND. There was a secret room, I laid traps and stole a wand from a wizard in the bottom.

In my longest LD I explored the fire dungeon as well as grass dungeon. I can give details later if you need. Grass dungeon was hard :\

This Week - one of my best
6 short LDs, 4 of which have chains.
5 medium LDs, one with a chain.
6 long LDs, three with a chain.

In various LDs I flew and flew with fire. In an ND I stood on a cloud and floated in the air with no control over my flying.

Finally, I defeated Vicerroth when he flew past me in an LD (it was dissapointingly fast), and then literally boiled Aquadra to nothing.

My new pet… you have killed it… :crying:

Today I just woke up twice right after getting lucid. Nothing special. I don’t even expect it to change anything.

Is it over yet? Where’s the pony task?

Will Rhewin claim birthday points?

It’s time! But first, let’s do some quick Team Advantage stuff:

Here are the average number of subtasks completed by each team:
Fire team: 13 subtasks - 0 subtask penalty / 6 members = 2.167 subtasks/member
Water team: 9 subtasks - 3 subtask penalty / 3 members = 2.000 subtasks/member
Grass team: 6 subtasks - 3 subtask penalty / 6 members = 0.500 subtasks/member

The final team advantage bonus goes to the Fire Team! Conglaturations! Each team member has been given 5 points for each subtask they completed this task! Now for some story stuff before we post the final results!

[i]The air rushes past your body as you fall. You bounce of a fluffy cloud and slow your descent using a pyrokinetic blast, landing softly on a small floating circular island. There are three pedestals forming a triangle in the center of the island. They are all adorned with gold and other jewels, but they are all three different colors… red, blue, and green. And in the center of the triangle is the Mew from earlier, sleeping in a protective bubble. You rush up to the bubble, but its too strong and it repels you. You stare at the pedestals for a while, noting that each has a different color scheme to it. You walk around the triangle, confused.

Suddenly, some familiar faces pop up. The other Lucidity Challenge participants fly onto the island one by one. Everyone is there, forming a big circle around the triangle. The pedestals begin to glow in everyone’s presence. The three elemental teams gather together and touch the pedestals… causing them to glow white. Three blinding flashes occur, and the pedestals return to normal. Everyone stands back, exhausted at whatever they just accomplished. You look around confused… until you hear three roars coming from different directions.

Three large beasts approach the island, landing with a great thud to align with their pedestal. Before you stand Vicerroth (Lord of Terror), Aquadra, and a mighty Floraiju. They roar in unison and fire a blast of color-coded energy toward the bubble in the center of the island, shattering it. The Mew, previously asleep, gets up quickly and looks around. The other participants stare at the Mew with anger.

“He made me light a whole forest on fire!” A participant says. “Oh yeah, well I want to smack him for controlling all my dreams for the past few weeks!” Another says. “He was obviously antagonizing the Grass team the whole time!” “You know how many times he rejected my claim for an elemental weapon?” “Look at what he did to the Team Advantage subtasks!” “WHERE ARE MY PONEHS?!” They all shout angrily at the Mew. The elemental beasts growl at it as well, and everyone joins together to attack the enemy.

Right before the Mew gets hit by your collective fury, you jolt awake. You find yourself sitting at a table in a grand ballroom. You were asleep, your arms tucked beneath your head on the table. You raise your head and find a half-eaten cookie on a plate beneath where you were just sleeping… you brush cookie crumbs off of your face and arms and look around. It’s a pretty fancy party. Everyone’s dressed up in formal attire, chatting with friends at tables all across the ballroom. At each table is an ornate tray with a big pile of chocolate chip cookies. And you realize you must have passed out after eating more cookies than you should have. Fortunately, the stomach ache has finally passed after that little nap, and the fluttering feeling in your stomach is now due to the anticipation building up as the party moves from the ballroom to the theater room…[/i]