Lucidity Challenge 51 - Winner: Thorn!

obfusc8, you… actually made that reference. I don’t have a reaction to it or anything; it was just expected a long time ago and never came, and now here it is. That said, what you mentioned is the difficulty mode for people who go above and beyond. Wyvern does it from time to time. My last checks with people about an actual difficulty mode basically came down to being told “don’t be discriminatory, Thorn!” :tongue:

James, when I play Pathfinder, I actually call my dragon character “Teehorn” (read: T. Horn) to tease the DM who said using “Thorn” was the same as using my real name. I am not original either!

Oh, my form and features still apply, heh. What’s a dragon without occasional bigness, though? The changes do tend to get drastic. :content: I had a character height requirement last LC not because I actually thought it’d interfere with tasks but because I didn’t want people to earn Week 5 and Week 7 points just for being in character; I just had to lie a bit in the opening post to not give away upcoming tasks. :smile: obfusc8 also listed “colossal (fire-breathing :razz:) black dragon”, so I guess it’s not just me that tends to dominate the dreamscape!
[size=75]I see what you did there, obfusc8! It’s still on! Double giant > giant fire-breathing! This “feud” that’ll probably just end in us getting giant beers isn’t over yet![/size]

1. nomat - Team Future - Fly high and orbit the earth :wink:

(I don’t feel ready for character creation yet.)

So I’ve got to make a character before week 1 or I wont be able to do week1??

LC 51 Signups! [Name — Team — Personal Goal]1. Thorn — Team Future — Cast a spell

1. Eilatan — Team Future — Looking for a good man.
  2. Yanshuf — Team Future — Summoning the dream guide.
  3. Obfusc8 — Team Future — Talk to my clone.
  4. James_UK2008 — Team Future — Change dream scene.
  5. nomat - Team Future - Fly high and orbit the earth :wink:
  6. eMander —Team Future — Travel to this city.

My character:

SPOILER - Click to view

(Image credit goes to Wyvern)

Coloration is the same as my avatar. Height is about 5 ft, 2 inches. Species is salamander. Gender is male.

[title]LC 51 Signups! [Name — Team — Personal Goal][/title]1. Thorn — Team Future — Cast a spell

5. nomat — Team Future — Fly high and orbit the earth :wink:
  6. eMander — Team Future — Travel to this city.
  7. Scipio Xaos — Team Future — Have a flight with Cardia.
    I would have gone Team Past to balance things up… but I don’t really care for the stuff given in the team description… besides… I want to do team future, but…

[center][/center]
ALTERNATE REALITY FUTURE!! :tongue:

So… yea… you can see more of the images from that sketch here.

Glad to see so many enthusiastic lucid dreamers joining! Welcome to Obfusc8, James, nomat , eMander and Scipio ! :spinning:

let’s say this - If you don’t have a character designed before week 1, you will not be able to score any character points… however you may score the regular task points.

Ah well , it wouldnt really matter but whatever
I give it a shot , however I won’t be super creative
I wanted to have it some kind of sage-ous , inspired from the First civilization from Assassin’s Creed.( assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/First_Civilization )

Name: Yanshuf Trimegistos
Species: Ísu (Homo Sapiens Divinius)
Appearance: Like on the picture but with lighter\brighter hair. Black cloak, Sage like looks , but not too much heavy clothes.
Height: 185
Picture:
Mindset: Logical, also tends to be philosophic and spiritual , but straightforward if the situation requires it. Behavior Similar to aloof, hard to lose temper.

Abilities: Main Expertise is telekinesis, but also can heal. Can jump great distances. And can fly for a short time.
A cool guy overall

@Scipio: The drawing looks like a person - are the cat ears hidden under the hat and the tail behind the body?

Susan_Y: Yea… I intended the ears to be hidden under the hat… but I completely forgot about the tail. :shy: We’ll just say it’s hidden, too. :tongue:

We can’t start until we get 10 sign-ups. We’ve stalled at 8. Please send help.

No, seriously, get in here. I’ve been basically lucid-less for two months now because I hosted the last LC and fell victim to the host’s curse of not being able to have an LD during that time. I also have this problem of not being able to motivate myself with personal goals and needing arbitrary tasks assigned by an LC TM to get me in the right mood to have LDs. I would love it if two people came in so that we could get this thing started and I could have LDs again. I would love you both forever and ever, possibly even showing up at your front doors with flowers.

[title]LC 51 Signups! [Name — Team — Personal Goal][/title]1. Thorn — Team Future — Cast a spell

8. Mew151 — Team Future — Play DDR Dream Mix

I was going to join Team Past to be different but I’m hoping that the next person to join also joins Team Future as well because that’d be interesting. :grin:

I shall keep my LC50 character because I have nothing else:

Gah! Thorn you’re supposed to be encouraging people to sign up, not scaring them off! :lol:

I said I wouldn’t participate, but I had a beautiful conversation about robots and space, and I see that everyone here is Team Future, so I’m dying to see how this LC will turn out. :content: Though I can’t promise to stay till the end.

LC 51 Signups! [Name — Team — Personal Goal]1. Thorn — Team Future — Cast a spell

9. En’enra — Team Future — Fight with a lightsaber

As for the character:

Inspired by this image: LINK

Name: NacK-47
Species: Cyborg
Appearance: Full metallic gray armor, transparent helmet visor
Height: 170cm
Mindset: Blank. Memory wiped. :razz:

Well, seeing as how you have already 10 people, I guess it’s safe for myself to sign up now. Since i seem to have a terrible pattern of mysteriously dropping out during the LC before it comes to a conclusion… Though the only downfall is my rebel behavior in this LC might be missed if I do so. (poor TM)

10. Lumessence — Team Past — Open a portal to D-912 (that place you all call “real life”)

At first i was going to copy paste my character from the old LC, but then seeing thorn mention pathfinder, I decided I would use my pathfinder character as well…

Name: Esthera
Race: Aasimar
Height: 5’3.

She has long green and blonde hair, and… oh heck. i have a picture i drew…

She’s an “oracle”, but she doesn’t actually recognize much about herself. She loves to explore and see new things, and has a “wildfire” free spirit. She has a very charismatic demeaner, or so the surface appears so, but she is very confident and chaotic in her persuits.

I am very glad to see we have over 10 signups , which means that we will be starting week one soon! I am looking forward to reading your Dream Journals and seeing how you incorporate your characters into your dreams!
However, at the moment it seems that almost everyone has joined team future and only one person has joined team past. I am not quite sure how I am going to work around this yet… but I will come up with something! Keep your eyes open over the next day or two!

Thorn: Don’t worry, we will be getting you those lucids back soon! No need for the flowers! :flower:

edit: due to real life circumstances, week one of the LC is going to be posted a little later. Look for it around Sunday afternoon, sorry guys.

Non-lucid dream, in which Mew rides a hoverboard and skitches a car.

This is a late task completion from LC 50, obviously. No points scored as LC50 is over, and the task probably required the dreamer to ride the hoverboard, not just see another LC participant do it. Still, if you were wondering how the hoverboard task was going to turn out, there it is. The car is used to launch it like a glider, apparently.

Non-lucid dream, in which the Lucidity Challenge participants go out for ice cream. That was going to be my personal goal - I guess I’ll have to think of something else now that I’ve done it already.

I haven’t had time yet to think what I’m going to say in my registration for this challenge. (Decisions, decisions…)

It’s story time, here at the 51st Lucidity Challenge! (spoiler below)

[spoiler]
You feel the vibrations, along with the heavy weight on your chest. You have been staying still, silently waiting for the sleep paralysis. Finally, the dream starts to come into focus. You have officially completed WILD. You are home.

Something feels different. The normal dreamscape doesn’t form around you. Instead, you seem to be physically restrained and can’t see anything but black. There is something over your face. The only thing you can focus on is the sound of footsteps going back and fourth. Someone is in this room with you. The sound of footsteps gets closer… The man grabs the bag that was over your face and pulls it up. You are now aware of your situation. You’re tied to a chair in this dimly lit room. The only other being here is the man in the black suit. He is staring at you, saying absolutely nothing.

As creepy as this may be, you know better than anyone else that this is a dream. Everything is fake; you are in no real danger. The man here is just a rendering of your subconscious. You could escape if you wanted, but perhaps it’s better off to go with the flow of the dream, and see what this man wants. You build up enough courage to ask the man:

“Who are you?”
He ignores your question and doesn’t reply. So you ask again:
“I said… Who are you? and where am I?”
“I know who you are” He responds.
You brush this off as typical dream character behaviour. They never give you straight answers.
“What do you want?”
“I want to do research…on you.”
He drops an envelope by your feet.
“You have one week to do these tasks. I will be watching you.”

The man slowly fades out of focus, and so does the rope thats restraining you to the chair. Once he is gone, you stand up from your chair and ponder on whether you should open that envelope. There are so many unanswered questions: who was he? where am I? and where are the other LC participants? As you open the envelope, you read the following.

“The following tasks all pertain to a particular theme- “The Gift of Sight”. You have one week to complete these tasks within the dream world. We will meet again.”

This whole situation is mysterious and ominous… but yet curiosity drives you further.
Do you dare to complete the tasks? [/spoiler]

Week 1 - The Gift of Sight

Before I get into the tasks for this week, I would just like to make an announcement. Unfortunately, due to the extreme imbalance of teams, there will be no team for week 1 of the LC, but hey, don’t worry! I decided to throw in some tasks that were related to the future/past, that anyone can do. Also, I got a lot of other fun things planned out that will come into effect soon! Stay tuned for that.

…And now… what you all have been waiting for… what type of tasks were in that mysterious envelope? There is only one way to find out…

Pay attention to the detail of an object -simple enough. Find an object, and come back with a detailed report of how it looks. (15 points)

Look into a mirror- ahhh yes, the classic. Are you brave enough to look at yourself in the mirror? (20 points)
- See a reflection that’s not you (20 points)
- See a reflection that is you (20 points)
-See what’s on the other side of the mirror (25 points)

See a fictional character - Any fictional character will do! Choose one from your favourite anime, TV show, whatever! (30 points)

See a mythical creature - this one is for you dragon lovers out there… you know who you are. (30 points)

Ask a DC to show you something - Go up to a dream character, and ask them if you can see their prized possession, or something of that nature. I’m looking forward to reading these DJ’s. (40 points)

See something with an irregular colour- A pink elephant? A green sky ? whatever floats your boat, as long as it doesn’t occur naturally. (40 points)

See an extinct animal Any animal species that isn’t currently alive will qualify. (40 points)
-Take a photograph It will last longer.(20 points)

See a futuristic human Any dream character that claims to be from the future will count for this task. (40 points)
-Ask him a question, get a response. I mean, he is from the future. He probably has a lot of insight. (20 points)

Don’t forget that you can do all of these tasks as your character for a 5 point bonus!
Good luck to all, and may your dreams, be ever in your favor!

• Jer

Kicking off with 2 medium LDs -

In the first one I asked a DC that looked like Tom Cruise to show me something. It wasn’t really an object/thing, he made the entire dream fall apart/explode. Not sure if you’ll count that. Also, there was a red plane/canoe thing that Anthony Keidis was sitting in… the description might be enough for the ‘Pay attention to detail’ task. (If neither of those fits the bill of what you wanted, please discount the lucid points for 1 medium as well… no tasks = no lucid points for me.)

In the second lucid dream, I look into a mirror and see my reflection, then step into the mirror. Turns out Mirror-Me is as bad, possibly even worse behaved than me. :shy: Although I did talk to my clone (this task was too close to my personal goal to not attempt it), I didn’t ask him the deep, meaningful questions I wanted, so will attempt my personal goal again.

Here’s the full dream entry

10. Lumessence — Team Past — Open a portal to D-912 (that place you all call “real life”)
  11. Susan_Y - Team Future - See a tree in detail

For my character: Californian skater girl. Typical costume: Knee-length skirt in indigo denim; white ankle socks; flat casual shoes; short-sleeved T-shirt; Medium-length straight red hair. Interested in outdoor activities, swimming, hanging out on the beach. (I mention these to describe the character; they’re not intended as specific tasks to do in the dream).