can lucid dreaming make you tired?

if you lucid dream very much, can you get a lack of sleep? or is to bad to your sleep pattern? because i am starting to do lucid dreaming now, and i am afraid that i will get very tired during the day because if my lucid dreaming. :confused:

If anything, lucid dreams will most likely give you an emotional boost that will stay with you for the rest of the day. The experience is really that amazing. If you’re going to practice to attain them, then sure, you might need to do a couple of changes to your sleep cycle, but you’ll get used to it. So, go ahead, nothing to fear.

Lucid dreaming is no different from normal dreaming. You are still asleep during the experience, so you won’t be losing any sleep from your lucid experiences. As Husky said, any changes you make to your sleep cycle as a result of trying to get lucid dreams can make you lose sleep, but actual lucid dreams will not make you more or less tired upon waking.

I can confirm this!

Sometimes, my work shifts are timed in a way that gives me only 3-4 hours of sleep in a night. I have had some of my best lucid dreams in those short sleeps, and the energy boost from them has made it a lot easier to get up that early. The good mood from them has stayed with me through a large part of the morning.