Becoming more aware in my dreams

I’ve been keeping my DJ for a long time. I’ve had 4 LDs so far and in each one I get, I seem to become more and more conscious in them. My first and second LDs were just conscious enough to know I was dreaming and were slightly more vivid. My third LD just started to have some conscious thought. My fourth and most recent one, even more consciousness, and I hope so on until I can experience full consciousness with senses.

Is it possible to experience LDs with full control without trying WILD or WBTB, etc? Just by keeping a DJ?

I also have this question. How do you explain suddenly becoming aware in a dream just by watching it…? In my LDs, I just suddenly realized that I was watching a dream without performing a RC or any questioning out of nowhere for seemingly no reason. It’s not like a big surprise when I suddenly become aware in the dream. At first, I’m watching a dream like a regular dream without any awareness, and then I either see the dream become more vivid, or the dream becomes more vivid because I suddenly see it

It sounds like you are experiencing DILDs. This is how I got my first lucid dreams; I would suddenly realise. The next time the same scenario came up, it would be easier to recognise, etc. Different techniques work for different people, and it sounds like you have found one that works for you.

It is good and completely normal that every new LD seems to be longer and clearer than the previous ones at this stage. Later, when we get more used to what being lucid feels like, it can be quicker and easier to get there through for example WILD.

Nobody knows exactly what triggers a DILD. My best guess is that is could have something to do with light vs deep sleep. I get this kind of LD the easiest if I recognise a common dream scene.