Normal Dream Challenge 13 - Winners Announced!

:ld4all: Welcome to LD4All’s Thirteenth Normal Dream Challenge! :ld4all:

A challenge to test and improve dream recall, quality, and clarity of dreams, as well as the ability to incubate non-lucid dreams. In addition, the NDC will challenge you to improve your dream recall skills and help you maintain a more effective dream journal.

This Challenge will be co-hosted by both Moogle and Eilatan.

Previous Challenges

[spoiler]ND Challenge 1 - TM and Initiator: Dreamjutsu - Winner: Ysim
ND Challenge 2 - TM: Ysim - Winner: moogle
ND Challenge 3 - TM: moogle and Eilatan - Winner: MagykKatte
ND Challenge 4 - TM: MagykKatte and Ysim - Winner: Eilatan
ND Challenge 5 - TM: Eilatan - Winner: Fate
ND Challenge 6 - TM: Fate - Winner: Yev
ND Challenge 7 - TM: Yev - Winner: HeadInTheClouds
ND Challenge 8 - TM: Letaali - Winner: Bom
ND Challenge 9 - TM: obfusc8 - Winner: Ysim
ND Challenge 10 - TM: Ysim - Winner: Letaali
ND Challenge 11 - TM: Letaali - Winner: james_uk2008
ND Challenge 12 - TM: Ysim - Winner: Letaali
ND Challenge 13 – TM: moogle and Eilatan – Winner: EarthlyInspired
[/spoiler]

Point Breakdown
Recall:
5 points per fragments recalled
10 points per dream recalled

Techniques:
5 points per chain
3 points per reality check performed

Tasks:
50 points for completing the current task
20 points for completing a late task
5 to 20 points for completing a bonus subtask
Extra 30 points for completing all five task of a given week during the week they are released
25 points for completing your personal goal
25 points for completing the LD4All wings Quest
20 points for completing the current task while lucid
10 points for completing a late task while lucid
10 points for completing your personal goal while lucid

Dream Inspired Art: (Applicable once per week)
20 points for any dream inspired art created of the type listed below

Recall Points
For every dream recalled, you are awarded 10 points. There will be no difference in points for recalling a LD vs ND. You will be given 5 points for all fragments recalled. Fragment points are awarded on a per “night” basis, or once per nap. If you have a significant WBTB (eg: you get up, walk around, etc., and then return to bed)–and not just wake and jot dream notes before dozing off again–you will be eligible to earn an additional set of Fragment Recall points.

Please provide a link to your dream journal when you sign up. Only dreams written in your online DJ will be considered for points. Fragments will be considered regardless. If you do not have a dream journal on LD4All, start one–it is a great habit! If you wish, you may create a temporary DJ in the Dream Journal forum for this challenge.

Only dreams you have during the course of the challenge are eligible for points. If you join the challenge after the beginning of the first task, only dreams that you have after the time you join will count. It may be a good idea to make a comment in your DJ of where your first ND Challenge dream begins.

Technique Points
Chains will be counted as returning to the same or a very similar dream. Each time you awake and return to the same or a very similar dream, you will be awarded 5 points, additional to the regular recall points. There is no explicit time limit for how long you are awake in between, so feel free to write in a DJ if you think you can still manage to return afterwards. :wink: Each additional/continuation of the dream will be counted separately from the first, and you will be awarded points on recall accordingly.

Performing a Reality Check will award you 3 points, regardless of whether or not it succeeds in making you lucid. Multiple Reality Checks performed in a short time will only be counted as one. That is, you won’t receive triple points for doing three Reality Checks in a row.

Task Points
There will be five tasks. You will have seven days for each task. Completing the current task will get you 50 points. Task completion points will only be rewarded once per task for this NDC. If you complete a previous week’s task–which you have not already completed–you will get 20 points. You can complete multiple tasks per dream.

In addition to the main tasks, there will also be four bonus subtasks each week. These bonus subtasks will award between 5 points and 20 points depending on the task. These points may be claimed at any time within the Challenge without late or lucidity penalty. As with the main task, completion points will only be awarded once per subtask for this NDC.

If a participant succeeds in completing all five tasks of a given week, during the week those tasks are released, they will be awarded an extra 30 points. These points may be claimed regardless of the dream types used to complete the tasks.

You may also choose a personal goal, which will award 25 points upon completion. Please state your personal goal when you sign up. Once you have completed your goal, you may choose a new one.

You will get 25 points for completing the LD4All Wings Quest during the challenge, applicable once per Quest, regardless of dream type. If you complete the wings Quest in an LD, you must post a reply to the current wings Quest topic before claiming. (Please check the right side of the website header for links to the current Wings Quest).

Please note: As this challenge focuses on incubation, completing the task after becoming lucid will only award 20 points, your personal task will award 10 points, and a late task will award 10 points. This is not to penalise you for being lucid, rather it is because the ND Challenge is about dream incubation, not lucidity.

If you feel you have completed a task or your personal goal, please state which task you have completed and when you completed it.

In order to accommodate varying time zones and schedules, a dream completing a task will be counted as a current task if the dream was had in a period of sleep that began before the current task closed. For example, if you were to go to sleep for the night at 21:00, and the task closes at 23:00, completing the task will count as current. I expect this grace period to be used within reason and that you will view the next task as soon as possible without disrupting your sleep routine.

Dream Inspired Art
Once per week you may claim 20 points for Dream Inspired Art. The art must be made by you and based on a dream journal entry by yourself or another participant during the challenge. The following art types will be accepted: Detailed drawing; painting; woodblock print or linocut; poem; short story; piece of sheet music; a photograph taken by you; sculpture; ceramic work; and, music created and recorded by you.

We encourage participants to share their Dream Inspired Art in the Fruits of Lucidity or Garden of Creation!

Changes for NDC 13

[spoiler]Bonus recall points have been removed: While we recognise that the NDC is a challenge to improve dream recall skills, we feel most all participants will naturally improve their recall in keeping with the standard of detailed dream journaling–to the best of your recall abilities–that is expected in this challenge.

Bonus subtasks: There will be four bonus subtasks per week.

Task points only awarded once per task: Due to the addition of bonus subtasks this NDC, points will now only be awarded once per task.

Bonus for completing all five tasks of a given week: Due to the point limit of achieving tasks while lucid and to counterbalance the above, any participant who manages to complete every task of a given week–during the week they are released–will be awarded an extra 30 points. This may be claimed regardless of the dream types used to complete the tasks.

Monthly Quest: We love writing Quests for everyone to do and love even more when people participate in them, so wanted to test out how awarding points for the Monthly Quest would work during an NDC.

Dream Inspired Art: We noticed that Dream Inspired Art was a successful addition of the LC, and loved seeing everyone’s creations so decided to test this out here. [/spoiler]

Rewards
For winning, you will be forever recognised as the winner in the list of previous challenges. Additionally, you will be eligible to be the Task Master ™ for the next NDC! You may also ask another participant or a participant of any previous NDC to co-TM with you if you like. If you do not wish to be TM of the next NDC, you may pass it on to the second place finisher, and so on down the line. (Only participants who have actively engaged with the challenge are eligible for hosting).

ND Challenge 13:
NameDream Journal Personal Goal

1. LucidWilliam - LucidWilliam’s Dream Journal - Goal = Change My Past!
  2. James_UK2008 - James_UK2008’s Dream Journal - Goal = Shapeshift
  3. Mew151 - Mew151’s Dreams: The [Girly] Reboot - Goal = Perform on Stage
  4. tachyon - The realm of tachyonic particles - Goal = Compose Music
  5. Koal44 - DJ - Goal = Fly above a forest
  6. Alot - Alot more dreams (part II) - Goal = Meet Alex from A Clockwork Orange
  7. Majah - Majah’s dreams - Goal = Swim/ float in water
  8. Letaali - Letaali’s Dream Journal - Goal = Learn something from a DC
  9. Susan_Y - Susan’s Dreams - Goal = See a Tibetan musical instrument
  10. Yev - Yev’s Dreams - Goal = Cross the ocean
  11. DeRuyter001 - The Mound of Thistles - Goal = Hold a banquet at Respiral
  12. Obliverum - Obli 1 - Goal = be taught a magical skill
  13. EarthlyInspired - Alison’s Dream Journal - Goal = Explore ancient ruins
  14. Obfusc8 - Lost in the Void - Goal=Speak to M

To sign up for this challenge please reply with a link to your dream journal (using the Dream Journalsection of the forum) and your current personal goal.

Final Scores

1. EarthlyInspired ------ 822
  2. [size=167]Susan_Y ----------- 720 [/size]
  3. [size=134]Obfusc8 ------------- 625 [/size]
  4. Obliverum ----------- 429
  5. Alot ------------------ 375
  6. James_UK ----------- 320
  7. Yev ------------------- 300
  8. DeRuyter ------------ 220
  9. Tachyon ------------- 120
  10. Majah ---------------- 90
  11. Letaali --------------- 60
  12. Koal ------------------ 25
  13. LucidWilliam -------- 10

Congratulations EarthlyInspired, the winner of NDC 13! :partying_face:

Current Task
All tasks are now closed

[color=#3a303a]Previous Tasks

[i]Task 1: As Easy As Riding A Bike![/i]
For the first week, the task is to ride a bike. (50 pts). So, you just need to grab a normal pedal bike and ride it. So this first task is as easy as riding a bike.

Bonus Tasks:

1. See a bike (5 pts)
  2. Ride a tricycle or if you are more adventurous a pennyfarthing or even a unicycle (10 pts)
  3. Ride a tandem bike (10 pts) Grab a DC and take a ride.
  4. Take part in a bike race. Either officially or by accident. (20 pts) Choose your race - mountain biking, Tour de France, even niche races such as Folding Bike Racing (In one you have to wear commuter clothing and part of the race is unfolding the bike!) Doesn’t matter if you win or lose, taking part is the important thing

[i]Task 2: Life is a Highway![/i]
This week the challenge is to drive a Car! (50 Points). Whether it be fast, red, clown, talking, or racecar bed, it is welcome here! Just pick your ride and strap yourself in!

Bonus Tasks:

1. See a car (5 Points)
  2. Ride a horse-drawn carriage (10 Points)
  3. Take a car off the beaten path (10 points)
  4. Take part in a car race! Either officially or by accident. (20 Points) Be it a speedy drag race, your standard track or even an old car rally, doesn’t matter the style or if you win or loose, taking part in a race is what matters here!

[i]Task 3: Riding the Rails[/i]
For the third week, the task is to take a train ride (50 points). So, you just need to board a train and take a ride. So the third task is train travel.

Bonus Tasks:

1. See a train (5 Points)
  2. Travel by steamtrain(10 Points)
  3. Travel by train in the underground (looong tunnel under mountain/hills etc would also count) (10 points)
  4. Travel through awesome scenery by train. (20 Points) Mountains, lakes, coastal even futuristic where will your dream train take you?

[i]Task 4: Hoist the Colours![/i]
This week the challenge is to take a ride on a boat! (50 Points). Sail, motor, house, magnificent, fierce and huge-ish. Prepare every vessel that floats!

Bonus Tasks:

1. See a boat (5 Points)
  2. Ride on a jet-ski or in a speedboat (10 Points)
  3. Take a boat down a canal or over rapids (10 points)
  4. Sail the high seas with pirates! (20 Points) Take to the open ocean with colourful characters. By the sweat of our brows, and the strength of our backs and the courage of our hearts. Hoist the colours.

[i]Task 5: Flight![/i]
For the fifth week, the task is to take a flight in a plane. (50 Points). No passports or tickets needed in a dream.

Bonus Tasks:

1. See a plane (5 Points)
  2. Take Control! Pilot a plane or helicopter. (10 Points)
  3. Fly using gadgets. Jet pack, mechanical wings etc (10 points)
  4. The final frontier! Leave the earth. (20 Points) Will you fly in a rocket, a spaceship, hitch a ride on a UFO (don’t forget your towel and Hitchhikers guide) or even the TARDIS
    [/color]

Hey everybody, it’s me, Eilatan! Here is a sample sign-up post to help clarify things to newcomers.

To sign-up to this challenge first quote the sign-up list from the last poster. You will now see their post in the entry field. Remove anything that is not really “list”-related and the “quote” tags. Add your own name, a link to your current dream journal and your personal goal to the bottom of the list. Make sure it ends up in the [ list ] tags, not outside them. Also, add [ * ] in front of your entry (just like everyone else’s, gotta follow the lead :smile: ), this automatically numbers the list. Press submit (whether or not you pressed Preview first), your name has now been added to the list!

(Also, if you’re the first to sign up, make sure to replace me with yourself).

Guide taken from Fate. Check his newbie guide on adding yourself to the WG list for detailed images.

ND Challenge 13:

1. Eilatan- Going Out Your Front Door - goal= Co-host the NDC!

/me runs in

We are so excited to co-host NDC 13. During the last month or so, we have been planning the tasks and points system.

And now, we just need ‘willing victims’ :ebil: - we will begin once we get enough sign ups. :grin:

ND Challenge 13:

1. LucidWilliam- LucidWilliam’s Dream Journal - Goal = Change My Past!

I can’t wait for this! I’ve been falling off on my dream recall lately… So some friendly competition will be a great help to get me back on track!

Note: By change my past, I mean have a dream about the younger version of myself and change a decision I made. The dream has to actually be like my past for me to count it as a change. So if I’m living in the wrong house, going to the wrong school, or all my friends are just random DC’s then obviously it’s not really my past… Well, I know it’s not actually my past, it’s just a dream. But I think it would be a fun one to have!

ND Challenge 13:

2. James_UK2008- James_UK2008’s Dream Journal - Goal = Shapeshift

Couldn’t get the hang of the formatting with the list thing. Can someone have a look and give me the correct formatting please and I’ll amend it. I really hope the hot weather in the UK passes sometime soon as it’s killing my recall.

:peek: fixed it for you

ND Challenge 13:

2. James_UK2008- James_UK2008’s Dream Journal - Goal = Shapeshift
  3. Mew151- Mew151’s Dreams: The [Girly] Reboot - Goal = Perform on Stage

I shall join! It seems like the next LC will take a while, and I’ve been way too lazy with all the dream stuffs lately. Unacceptable!

I sometimes hear awesome music in dreams and try to recreate it in real life (using FL Studio), my goal is is to create something notable inside a dream, either electronically or with an instrument such as piano.

We need 6 more sign ups before we begin week 1.

I haven t had a LD for two months so I come join and hope it will get better with this challenge :smile:

5. Koal44- DJ - Goal = Fly above a forest

fixed code :moogle:

Half way!! :yay: just 5 more dreamers needed.

Hi everyone, this would be my first ND Challenge.

The NDC will begin on the first Wednesday AFTER we get 10 sign ups. Weekly tasks will always be changed on Wednesdays during the NDC. So remember to check the forum on Wednesdays. :peek:

Also my first ND Challenge :smile:

We need just three more sign ups. It’s easy to do and it’s fun. :yay:

:om:

The NDC will begin on the first Wednesday AFTER we get 10 sign ups. Weekly tasks will always be changed on Wednesdays during the NDC. So remember to check the forum on Wednesdays.
:peek: need just 2 more dreamers :hyper:

checking in on wednesday :content:

9. Susan_Y - Susan’s Dreams

9. Susan_Y - Susan’s Dreams
  10. Yev - Yev’s Dreams - Goal = Cross the ocean