Normal Dream Challenge 13 - Winners Announced!

Just got in there with some writeups.

They are not as full as usual for my own style of diary, but I’ll add those when I get the chance.

EDIT: And thanks to the hosts! They were very clear but very entertaining tasks. Happy birthday moogle! I hope it was a fantastic day.

[center]----------
:balloon: NDC 13 IS NOW OVER :balloon: [/center]

And the winner is:

EVERYONE!

:yay: Congratulations everyone! You did it! You made it here, to the end of the 13th Normal Dreaming Challenge. What an amazing five weeks it has been!

Did you know that (with the exception of a participant dropping out early due to RL), every single one of you managed to gain points this challenge? :ok:

In fact, during this challenge 249 dreams were recorded! That doesn’t include the 82 days that fragments were recorded! :woot:

And amongst all this dreaming, 60 tasks were completed! :boogie:

Wow! You are all so amazing! Give yourselves a hand for being such wonderful participants! :clap:

To us, you are all winners and we are so proud of all of you! :hurray:

“But wait, Eilatan,” I hear you say, “Who got the most points?”

Okay, okay, I see you are bored by my moment, but how can I properly express how amazing this NDC has been? Moogle and I set out to create some fun, but we could never anticipate how much you all would enjoy it. We definitely never anticipated so many precogs of the tasks! :peek: But this just make things all the more fun! (Or is that “funny”? :rofl: )

But now I really am just delaying, so without further ado:

Jump in your transport and let’s head over to the scores!

----------- :tardis: ----------- ----------- -----------

Final Scores

1. EarthlyInspired ------ 822
  2. [size=167]Susan_Y ----------- 720 [/size]
  3. [size=134]Obfusc8 ------------- 625 [/size]
  4. Obliverum ----------- 429
  5. Alot ------------------ 375
  6. James_UK ----------- 320
  7. Yev ------------------- 300
  8. DeRuyter ------------ 220
  9. Tachyon ------------- 120
  10. Majah ---------------- 90
  11. Letaali --------------- 60
  12. Koal ------------------ 25
  13. LucidWilliam -------- 10

Congratulations EarthlyInspired, the winner of NDC 13! :partying_face:

As per NDC tradition, EarthlyInspired can choose to host NDC14 or pass it on to Susan_Y and so on and so forth.

Moogle and I would like to say a huge thanks to all of you for participating. This has been a great NDC and we hope to see you again in future adventures!

Well done EarthlyInspired! :clap: And Susan_Y and Obfusc8 ! :woot:

Wow, congratulations everyone! There were so many impressive dreams along the way, reading them was like being subscribed to a short story anthology. And I think everyone completed at least one task in a totally unexpected way. I hope we’ll all get together again for the LC, too!

Yayy, congratulations everyone!! I had so much fun in my first ever NDC challenge. These challenges are such a great way to help improve fundamental dream skills such as recall, and therefore help in our quests for lucid dreams as well. And I love the community feel of being part of such an awesome group of dreamers!

I would be honoured to host the next NDC. However, I do have one concern. Currently, real life has become unusually hectic and has been keeping me very busy. I expect to be back into routine by next month though, and would be happy to host then. If the NDC is expected to run sooner, then I would like to offer the opportunity to Susan_Y, provided she is interested. I would not be able to give adequate attention to the challenge in the near future, and I don’t want to provide anything less than the awesome coordination that Eilatan and Moogle have shown for this challenge.

So I guess my question is: When is the next NDC expected to take place?

EarthlyInspired, NDC usually runs on average twice a year (and sometimes once). It pays to plan the tasks and scoring before beginning the sign up topic. So relax and just keep us informed in this topic. :grin:

I really enjoyed NDC13 … though a tad disappointed that we didn’t get a werewolf in space dream. :rofl:

Dear all,

I am just back to congratulate the winner and the hosts.

We just had a winner reaching over 800 points while the top three are all above 500.

It’s the second NDC from the same hosts. They were the first to initiate the cohosting in NDC. This new NDC shows their experience and how cohosting can work well.

This is officially the most active NDC in history of LD4all.
No other NDC has ever reached 20 pages.
There were 13 participants who had more than zero points, which is also historical.

Congratulations to everyone who participated as well.
This would not reach its results without you.

Thank you.

Congratulations to EarthlyInspired, Susan_Y, Obfusc8 and everyone else, and big thanks to Eilatan and moogle for their effort! My apologies that I seemed to have vanished around week 3, the start of my semester was extremely busy but luckily it’s better now.

Hope we get to see a photo of the famous bike :grin:

By the way everyone, even though NDC is over, feel free to post late tasks in here for fun. :smile:

Tada!! Here she is :love:

Meet Miss Daisy

And yes, I would love to host then :smile:

As usual, a task showed up in a dream shortly after the challenge had ended: I ride an underground train in this non-lucid dream

For readers who don’t know the UK rail network: given that the building across the street from the underground station looks like St. Pancras, the underground station is presumably King’s Cross, despite the street sign of the entirely fictional Acadia Street in the dream.

And for readers who don’t know the UK rail network but have read the Harry Potter books, this would imply that Kings Cross platform 9 3/4 is just behind me.

So, next dream Hogwarts! :spinning:

Had model ship and car travel last night - hope I go on to get the space dream. :tardis:

this was one of the most exciting parts of the challenge to me! thanks for sharing a picture :content:

wow, a historic NDC! glad to be a part of it.

I will come and pick you up in my :tardis: next time, moogle!

Lancashire, raised Catholic…Preston, maybe? I think it can get there. Remember, lots of planets have a North!

So glad to hear that Obliverum, thank you! I agree, it was a highlight for me too. What are the chances, you know…

Daisy and I still go on regular trips together, and she always gets an RC when we go out haha.

Amazing to hear that this Challenge has broken so many records! Yayyy! :yay:

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to drop back by and say thank you all for the positive responses. It really has been an honour co-hosting this NDC. :content:

I just wanted to highlight Tggtt’s sentiment that this NDC would not have had such great results if not for all of you participants. Over half of our sign-ups actively participated (made more than one post a week), and it was really amazing seeing everyone encouraging each others’ dreams. I hope you all keep up the practice of commenting on each others’ DJs!

I also would like to acknowledge that much of the success of this NDC was thanks to the pre-planning. Due to an absurd miscalculation on my part, it wasn’t until late March that we realised Moogle and I should be running this. :woah: Due to some further calculations of hiccups and events, we decided to spend July planning things.

Planning for us mostly involved throwing around ideas for what tasks we thought would be best. We know the NDC draws a crowd that wants to improve recall and/or incubation, so we decided to stick with a simple theme that would allow participants to concentrate on having fun. We then modelled the scoring around this idea; points for us were only a means by which to further encourage everyone to achieve their goals.

Then, knowing both having set deadlines and easy to follow score-sheets work best for these challenges, we picked a time that worked well for both of us and created the score-sheet by using past Challenge score-sheets as examples. Since this is the NDC and all dreams are usually read to double check for task success, we ended up coming to the conclusion that scoring at least once every 48 hours was best. This also kept with past Challenge results that active Hosts generate active participants. :peek:

In any case, I wanted to be completely transparent on the process behind running one of these challenges. Our planning ensured things ran smoothly, and having a co-host went a long way in making things easier. But all our planning and activity would be nothing if not for all of you.

The Normal Dreaming Challenge is here to serve as a motivator for good dreaming practice, to create an atmosphere of friendly competition and cooperation, to create a challenge for dreamers of all levels and to provide fun to all participants. I am so very glad that everyone was able to experience these things while participating, and hope to see you all again in future challenges.

So again, thank you for making our NDC a success. You’re all amazing! :yay:

thanks for posting about the process behind the challenge! it is interesting to hear the thinking and planning that went on, and i appreciate the effort that went into it. :cheer:

I made a pencil sketch of the dress I wore in a dream in week 4 of the NDC.

(It’s way, way too late for points now of course! But just in case anyone wants to see what that dream looked like).

Eilatan may give you a cookie for it. :cookiemon: