LC 63 Winner Cornelia Xaos!

A qualifying LD on Thursday night. Will sort out the points division and write-up later today.

I had an ND at some point this morning of helping to set-up and attending a birthday party for one of my younger cousins. So would like to claim the points for party.

No DJ points for this one because I’m a bit too tired to write it up. Weekend busy-ness and all. :meh:

Week 3 Being a Tourist

The conference came to an end. We had a fun time, we’ll never forget.
Luckily you have plenty of time left. Time to go sightseeing :cool:

Week 3 Tasks

Dutch 25 points
See something typically Dutch
Like windmills, dikes, tulips, bulb fields, wooden shoes, Amsterdam, canals, Van Gogh, Delft Blue, bicycles, dutch cheese, coffeshops, Delta works…

Picture 20 points
Take a picture
+Bonus points: a selfie 10 points

Tourist Information 15 points
Visit a tourist information
+Bonus points: ask for information 10 points

Hotspot 15 points
Be at a tourist hotspot (anywhere in the world)

Museum 15 points
Visit a museum

Guide 15 points
Meet a guide, any guide

Name 10 points
You’ll meet all kinds of people
Get to know someone’s name

Language 10 points
Hear or read a foreign language

Border 10 points
While you are here, why not cross the borders and visit some other country?
Cross any border

Imitate 10 points
Do as the locals do
Imitate some behaviour

New taste 15 points
Did you ever taste new herring, chocolate sprinkles on bread, liquorice, stroopwafel or kroket?
Eat or drink something you never tasted before

Week 1 and week 2 tasks can be completed throughout the challenge.

DJ post

We Are Family
Exposure!
My Cat is Special

Claiming
Late task - goodbye
Current task - Love 10 points You got that loving feeling
Party 10 points - the family celebration

And just like that… TASKS. LOTS OF THEM. And… also… MORE DOING THE NEXT WEEK"S TASKS RIGHT AFTER THEY WERE POSTED BUT BEFORE I HAD SEEN THEM… :angry: :sigh:

Dream Journal: +1
Cornelia Kisses Miu ~ Long Lucid Dream, Perform, Portal, and Love
ESP and the FBI ~ Goodbye

Claims made so far:

[spoiler]DJ: 12+1
Precog: 1
Short LDs: 1
Medium LDs: 1
Long LDs: 0+1

Task 1:

[list][*]Teleportation or free-flying

[list][]To a group of people
[/
:m][]Learn[/:m]
[]Science[/:m]
[]Portal[/:m]
[]Love[/:m]
[]Gaming[/:m]
[]Creature[/:m]
[]Perform[/:m]
[]Party[/:m][/list:u]
[/spoiler]

Well done for getting such a long lucid and being so single-minded about your goal too! I kind of enjoy your brothers’ walk-on appearances in your dreams, always asking you to fix stuff - then the IWL toilet-bowl request was a classic. Obli’s sister is also a minor hero and all of moogle’s too. If we ever have a challenge centring on Church, Hospital and Siblings moogle is going to wipe the floor :tongue:

I am reading people’s DJs to find the Most Syntactically Remote Character to be a frequently recurring dream fixture. So far Cornelia’s Brother’s Girlfriend’s Dog is in the lead, but I still have a lot of reading to do…

And…I’ve done the writeup on Thursday’s dream. When I incubated it, my only specific intentions were to visit the Oneiron Academy and look around, hoping to meet a few fellow dreamers :beer: . I didn’t plan to meet Alot and Cornelia in particular, but I think perhaps their forum avatars were most impressed on my visual memory. I hope I meet some more participants before we’re done here! Anyone especially want to feature ? :welcome:

So, without much preparatory effort, this one happened to turn into a bit of a points bonanza. But since other people are having a similar experience, I only feel slightly sheepish…

Points breakdown:
-Long lucid (I’ve decided that, since my narrative dreams are indeed long compared to the large number of “random encounter”, scouting or dry-run dreams which I don’t write up or claim for, it’s reasonable to claim them as such).
-LD4All Monthly Quest.
-Dreamt of another participant (CX and Alot - are the points per person or once only?)
-Teach, taught a class.

• to a group
  • about dreaming
    -Love, gave a practical demonstration of the virtue of Love.
    -Creature, saw Orlystip.

Uncertain/Renouncing:
[-Teleportation: I’ve already claimed for travelling but not teleportation so unsure. Ship teleported to another dreamworld]
[-Portal: saw people through a magic mirror, could not have travelled physically through the mirror so did not count, I think.]
[-Gave a demonstration of magical art; claimed this as LD4All quest (passed practical examination), so not double claiming as performance. Does renouncing a claim like this preclude me from claiming performance in future?]
[-Can I give some points to someone else for completing their (personal or other) task in my dream? Is there a special rate for that?]

[Edit: corrected hideous spelling errors in my DJ , mea culpa :cry: ]

One weird, long ND today. Everything in it pertaining to the LC is in bold.

I achieved the follow tasks in order:

Gaming: I played a strange computer game
Tasting or Smelling: I ate choc-ripple cake, which may or may not have been off.
Time Travel: Everything except the ending took place in a future -not now- time.
Learn: I don’t remember what all I learnt, but it was info blasted into my brain!
Science: My “parents” were astrophysicists, so I think that counts to seeing scientists.

1 ND
I am gonna claim some points but that s just a lot of luck because I didn’t read the tasks before this morning! (Anyway still no Lucid dream, so I m really lucky this LC…)

1. I saw a castle and after a long search on the internet, it can look quite typically dutch: It basically looked like the “Neuschwanstein” castle I just found on Google:

2)I was at a tourist hotspot (in the castle there was a restaurant which was the hotspot)
3) I heard a foreign language (Eventhough that s very very common for me)
4) I performed a one wheel trick on a bicycle (Week 2)

Lucid dream (short duration) with distorted audio.

Non-lucid dream in which I take part in a focus group.

No new tasks done, but I’ll claim the points for the short lucid dream and a dream journal entry.

Congrats Susan_Y, you are the first one completing the time travel task :balloon:

@ moogle congrats for being the first to say goodbye :balloon:

Why not claim precognitive points again?

Congratulations to DeRuyter001, you are the first LC participant to complete the LD4all Monthly Quest :balloon:

• You earned teleportation points in this dream
  • Seeing the portal is enough to earn portal task points
  • Sure you can claim performance in future
  • Giving points to someone else for completing their personal goal, that is a great idea for a future LC!

@Koal44, sorry no points for the castle. Neuschwanstein castle is in Germany, in a mountainous environment. Whereas there are no mountains whatsoever in the Netherlands :tongue:

SCORES are updated, link

1 ) Cornelia Xaos: 329 points
2 ) DeRuyter001: 272 points
3 ) Koal44: 247 points
4 ) Eilatan: 236 points
5 ) Susan_Y: 211 points
6 ) Moogle: 170 points
7 ) Letaali: 150 points
8 ) Obfusc8: 146 points
9 ) Obliverum: 108 points
10) Hoby: 84 points
11) Alot: 60 points
12) Oleg: 49 points
13) James_UK2008: 24 points

Wow I just read it too! Really funny because in the castle they had german clothes typically from Munich, and I just saw that the castle is next to Munich. Though I have never heard of it before :happy:

Twist my Arm

Late task? someone shares some knowledge

Heh. It was pretty amazing, yea. I was so happy about it when I woke up at like 0400. :smile:

You must only be reading my new dream journal, CX Dream Journal Mk. II. Said “Brother’s Girlfriend’s Dog” is only so prominent because it’s a recent event. :tongue:

Also… OMG! You dreamt of me? I feel honored. :tongue: I read the dream, and, now… I guess I’ll have to binge all your dreams. (Side note: you got some of my character right… but you got the wings wrong! :tongue: They’re not white. They’re gold, garnet and tipped with black.)

Gack! I forgot to. May I retroactively claim them or is it too late?

As a side note, however, Majah, I noticed this:

[size=84]Okay, I’ll be serious now. :tongue:[/size]

From what it sounds like… it looks like you gave Koal points for claims 2 and 3 (which are for the current task) before they had seen them. I’d like for Koal to clarify if they had that dream before or after they saw the content of the tasks as it appears they had it before… and, if anything, they should also only get Precog points.

Otherwise… I’d like to exchange my precog points for the actual tasks I would have claimed. (Of which would have been Dutch and Name for task three, since the others I’ve since claimed in other dreams.) Just want things to be fair.

[center][size=200]~ ~ ~ ~ ~[/size][/center]
As for this morning, I had one dream in which I was in the future. Nothing else to claim except the usual DJ points.

[color=#ee7700]Dream Journal: +1[/color]
Alien Tech and Parody Songs ~ [ND]Time Travel[/ND]

Claims made so far:

[spoiler][color=#ee7700]DJ: 13+1[/color]
[color=#ff0fef]Precog: 1[/color]
[LD]Short LDs: 1[/LD]
[LD]Medium LDs: 1[/LD]
[LD]Long LDs: 1[/LD]

Task 1:

I noticed this, too, but wasn’t sure if I had read Koal’s claim wrong. To me it sounded like Koal was saying they had the dream before reading the task :woah:, which, as Cornelia pointed out, means they would get precog points but not task points. If they want to claim precog points, that is. :peek:

Correct, I had it all before reading the tasks, so no task points, I don t know how precog points exactly works, I ll let the host check the points :smile:

Incubators…assemble!

Oh dear! Well, I’m glad I got something right, at least - I’m shy about including other people in my dreams because I’m bound to get most of it wrong. Maybe they were white because they were baby wings and hadn’t got their grown-up feathers yet… :peek: Thank you for reading! I will get to your older ones in time.

Sadly, yes, Neuschwanstein is not so Dutch, but the castle at Haarzuilens is, and an amazing place! Maybe Koal could go there next?

Task did not specify European Netherlands :spinning:
How many times do we think we can use the “Objection” picture in the course of this LC?

week 1 tasks have really gotten into my head, i keep having travel dreams with bags, trains, and travel. and of falling asleep and waking up, which i do often in dreams anyway.

last night i completed the task of free flying and of saying goodbye.

1 Short LD
Claiming points for
Get someone s name
My personal goal. I entered a belly through a belly button and talked to my baby :happy:
I also traveled flying so I claim points for the flying bonus.
Dream Journal

Non-lucid dream in which I read a page from a foreign language + English book in a bookstore. (I think the language wasn’t a really existing one).

I’ll claim the points for the foreign language task and the dream journal entry.