the BIG "Hi, I'm new here!" topic, part 74

Welcome back hoby. If you remember your old nickname you should be able to get your old account back, it will still be there.

Hello everyone! I’m sort of new – I’ve been lurking here for some time now (maybe a month or two), but this is the first time I’ve ever actually posted anything to the forum. I have had an on-and-off interest in lucid dreams ever since having a few spontaneously when I was young, though they always were, and to this day remain, very unstable. I’m currently trying to find some way to stabilize them more effectively than the standard methods. I look forward to many interesting discussions in the near future.

Welcome to ld4all Lisez Lelui

Have you tried all the standard methods? I’ve always found rubbing my hands together and/or using commands the best methods for me.

Welcome, Lisez Lelui! I hope we can help you out here. As far as stabilization goes, what I remember from my early days and what I’ve read in other DJs is that only a small number of destabilized dreams actually lead you to wake up, to lose a dream entirely. That means the rest of them can be thought of as a bewildering scene change, but not an actual end to the dream - false awakenings are the most prominent kind. You feel the dream is ending, but really you are only moving from on dream to another, in this case from a lucid one to a non-lucid one.

Perhaps you could start by training yourself to be very tenacious in seeing through FAs and regaining control after abrupt transitions? Once you get used to remaining lucid for longer, even if the setting keeps changing and you don’t get much done, you’ll have a strong base to build on for more control.

Greetings all!
I stumbled upon this site today and am very excited.
I’ve been reflecting a lot on technology and dreaming. Remembering my younger years spent on the internet in RPG forums. How free and lucid I felt.
I am also obsessed with dreams, consciousness and memories. I cannot wait to share, learn and explore this place more with you.
:grin:

:wave: Hello Mizz Rude, welcome to ld4all

If you ever have the chance join our wolf game/ vampire game, it’s just forum based.

Hello there,

I am from the dutch LD4all forum, but wanted to be here as well!
I want to pick up LD more actively again.
I am going to try it with SSILD.

Cheers!

Welcome to the International ld4all forum GeneralCoco27 :content:

Hi! New here. I was into lucidity some years ago, but currently even regular recall is scanty, thus joining the forum to sprinkle some magic into dreaming again. :smile:

Welcome to the forum Aragna. Your forum DJ is bound to help with recall. :dream:

[size=92]
hello all! this is a remake of a very old account that I had, oh, in high school? maybe? who knows? not me! Anyway, I’m Victoria, I’m in college (linguistics major), and I like video games and cute animals and scary monsters and everything fantasy, and I’m super friendly, so yall should totally come say hi to me .+:。(ノ ◠ω◠)ノ゙

[/size]

:wave: hello GuiltyAdonis. Welcome back. Your old account unless it was before the move from the n54 forum will still be here.
“like videogames and cute animals” <-- hope that includes moogles :spinning:

Hi, just making my first post so I can start a thread. I have some important questions I want to ask.

Welcome to ld4all DaneClark :wave:

New too, hey :smile:

Hi and welcome! :welcome:

Hello all,

I am new to this forum and new to the world of Lucid dreaming!(sort of). I have been posting for a couple of days in the dream journal (Dream Daniel Dream) as I am focusing on building up my memory recall.

As a kid I remember having lucid dreams and how incredible and often they happened. As an adult, with a head full of stuff (read junk), I find it a lot harder to tap into my dream world, which is why I am here. Did some research and found this awesome forum with a long of history.

Daniel

:wave:

A lot of children seem to learn to naturally lucid dream due to nightmares. Was this the case for you?

Keeping a DJ really helps dream recall. :content:

Hello everyone :cheer:

since i can remember i have always had vivid dreams, but in my child hood i dont believe i got them very often, not that i can remember atleast. The reason i wanna learn this incredible skill is that the thought of having a whole world for myself sounds amazing. Now i have had a few lucid dreams, or what i presume was lucid dreams, around 7-8 at this time, and so i no longer have a doubt that this amazing thing is too good to be true, and i am eager to learn it

i cant wait to get to know you all

Welcome to ld4all Matildus.

You can already lucid dream :thumbs: now it’s just a matter of increasing the frequency and experimenting within the LD :content: