EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 130
Rainbow Connection

How did YOU learn to LD? - Part II

Author  Message 
Obliverum
lucidly living
Astral Explorer
Obliverum has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 2018: 18

PostPosted: Thu 02 May, 2019  Reply with quote

its interesting to read about how everyone learned to LD!

i was originally counseled to learn because i suffer from chronic nightmares, and i eventually did some research and found they could be used for their own sake too. i like to take a proactive approach to dreaming smile

Current LD goal(s): learn healing magic

Link to My DJ: ld4all.com=
GeneralCoco27
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: ~80

PostPosted: Mon 13 May, 2019  Reply with quote

Happened to me multiple times spontaneously when I was a child. Didn't know exactly what it was and always tried to wake up. I found out you can completely control your LD by searching my ''condition'' ~10 years ago when I was ~18 years old. I managed to increase the rate of LD's by use of MILD and WBTB techniques and actively controlled ~10-20 them. I tried WILD many times, but somehow I can never fall asleep when staying conscious.

Current LD goal(s): Try SSILD
jamie.l

Gaining control of LD?
PostPosted: Tue 28 May, 2019  Reply with quote

I've only had lucid dreams a handful of times but I've never been able to take control even though I'm aware that I'm dreaming. How do you learn to control things?

Also, I've been trying to perfect my sleep patterns and found a sleep calculator(https://startsleeping.org/sleep-calculator  /) that includes age, which none of the other ones seem to have. Apparently that's the biggest determining factor. Is that true?

Letaali
Ghost
cookie lover
Letaali has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Wolfgame
LD count: 118

Re: Gaining control of LD?
PostPosted: Fri 31 May, 2019  Reply with quote

jamie.l wrote:
I've only had lucid dreams a handful of times but I've never been able to take control even though I'm aware that I'm dreaming. How do you learn to control things?

Also, I've been trying to perfect my sleep patterns and found a sleep calculator(https://startsleeping.org/sleep-calculator  /) that includes age, which none of the other ones seem to have. Apparently that's the biggest determining factor. Is that true?

Only thing limiting you in lucid dreams is you. If you think some action requires effort or might fail, it most likely will. Confidence is key. Remind yourself that nothing around you is real. Locked doors can be walked through, because they are not really there.

And about sleep timings. Those vary from person to person. Best way to learn what works for you is to just test different timings.

Current LD goal(s): Reach the Frozen Planet
Moxieofthemoon
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 15-17

PostPosted: Thu 27 Jun, 2019  Reply with quote

I had learned about lucid dreaming maybe a year before this actually happened, but I could never seem to get myself to do it by myself. I almost achieved it one time by looking at a digital clock and noticing that the time was really off with how it looked outside, but I freaked out too much and woke up.

When I actually, fully attained a lucid dream and could control it, I was helped by a reoccurring dream character (read about them in my dream journal, link in siggy). I was with him in the kitchen of my old house and we were about to leave, but these older people came in through the back door, who I realized were his grandparents but they were supposed to be dead. I started freaking out and my dream character turned me to him and told me I was dreaming! I had to take control of it because I was dreaming! And so I became lucid, and I was able to take us to a safer place.

That's the low detail version anyway, but still, it was pretty wild.
I wasn't able to have consistent lucid dreams after that, until recently.
Believe it or not, I performed a ritual back in January, and since then my lucid dreams have been pretty abundant, although I do find I kind of have to 'renew' the ritual, and do it at least once or twice a month. Totally worth it, though. I've definitely gotten better at lucid dreaming since then, and I think I'll be able to have them soon, without the help of a ritual.

Current LD goal(s): Master summoning characters and possibly dreamsharing

Link to My DJ: ld4all.com
Kumoki
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Wed 31 Jul, 2019  Reply with quote

I agree! its very interesting to read all your stories^^

for me...ive been trying for YEARS but I think im blocking myself? its very hard to get lucid but I feel like mentally im standing in the way of....myself? haha if that makes sense

actually until last year I lived in a very broken home which was...idk it felt like a mental hospital, it felt like i was actually trapped in a nightmare. i cant even remember how but i stumbled over the author Charlie Morley and I think bc of him I got into lucid dreaming.....also reading through your stories...I noticed something. Usually I can never remember what other dream characters told me or I feel liek i rarely talk to them. I never learned form my family or anyone to have "normal" conversations and I find it hard to communicate so I thought I could do this in lucid dreams...also, I wanted to perform on stage as a singer and guitarist in my lucid dreams and get over my anxiety...I do so at home in waking state but I really want to have my idol sing with me in my dreams...so far I couldnt accomplish that - I dont really know what I can do to improve my skills:/
Still, I wont give up! I even try to convince friends to try it, because its an incredible feeling and you could discover so many hidden things if you just dare to take a look! Right?

Phaze

PostPosted: Sat 05 Oct, 2019  Reply with quote

first time lucided by youtube video guide, than learnt Mihail Raduga's course

Kontajes
Dreamagain
LD count: 100s

PostPosted: Sun 06 Oct, 2019  Reply with quote

I all of a sudden started havi g lucid dreams while in prison for my last 6 months. It was all of a sudden. Really quick i realized i could control my dreams and it was my excape and was very exciting. It was my way to excape. But then the day i got out it stopped and i could not do it no more. I dont understand y. There was a port on the wall ubove my head for satellite radio maybe that caused the dreams. I really dont know y or how i had em but at the time i was in very much contro and looked forward to sleeping cause i always knew i would be having an exciting dream almost like a bad *** movie every night and after a few days i could control the dreams i would even wake up to go to the bathroom and go back to sleep and continue the dreams it was amazing. I want to be able to have lucid dreams again but dont know how i guess

Current LD goal(s): To have lucid dreams again

Link to My DJ: Kontajes

print