I need help falling asleep fast and staying asleep

I want to use sleeping headphones to listen to binaural beats in my sleep - but I want to know everything there is to know about how to ensure that I can fall asleep fast and stay asleep through the whole night.

What I can think of:

• Fall asleep fast: Dramatic aproach-> First lay down on the floor or anywhere else less comfortable than your bed. After some time (15 min or so) go to bed and lay in a way that is most comfortable for you. Your body will reward you with falling asleep fast.
  • Sleep through the whole night -> Only thing I can think of is making sure you are a bit tired already and make sure it is dark and quiet in your room.

The only thing that makes me able to fall asleep reasonably fast is to be very sleepy. The sleepiness comes and goes in a 90 minute cycle, not unlike the sleep cycle at night. Other people might have different cycles. If I time it right and try to sleep when I’m the most sleepy, it gets possible to drift off even with headphones on.

On the other hand, it is difficult for me to stay asleep with headphone on, since lying on my back doesn’t feel natural. Again, this is different for different people. Some are light sleepers, some heavy. Do you usually have trouble sleeping?

Also, welcome to LD4all! :welcome: