LC 65 - The Great Library! Books found: 38

LC 65 Signups (Name - Personal Goal)

1. Cornelia Xaos - Engage L.E.A.F. Extras for the VALGEAR.
  2. Susan_Y - Visit the castle of Respiral

:wave: Cornelia and Susan :smile:

video game rc is a good one, i should probably do that since i have a lot of video game dreams too. and i always approve of more tea!

i made dream art worth a lot on purpose because in the lcs ive been a part of i havent seen many people doing it, and it is so much fun for everyone to see or read. art makes us engage deeply with the feelings and ideas around dreams in an important way. but obviously i havent seen the times when art spam has been a problem! it sounds like an oxymoron to me, my gut instinct is “bring on the art spam!”

i guess for now ill just trust everyone to be good… or else :devil:

3. Koal44 - Dive in a volcano

Reality Check: I will try to do reallity checks whenever I arrive into a new place. I guess this should be super effective if I can do it properly :smile:

Personal goal: find time to take a nap every week end.

I love the ideas of reality check and personal goals like this! This really can change things :smile:
I guess the scoring part can be a bit weird though. If one does a personal reality check, a RC when one wakes up, 3 minutes meditation and writes a DJ entry, one would start with a daily 4 points?

That s quite huge huh?
Well I m still open for new things so let’s try :smile:

yep! if it sounds easy now in theory, i challenge you to see how many days you can get all four :grin:

Haha Challenge accepted, can’t wait to see the impact on my LDs!

And dont’t forget to do some dream art as well… :smile:

Seriously, I think it will be interesting to see how the new scoring system works out. Giving points for doing things that make LD more likely (but we’re too lazy to do unless there’s points on offer) might encourage people.

I really want to do some more dream art, but I’ve tended to be too busy with other things to get around to it.

4. James_UK2008 - Shape shift myself.

Reality Check: Whenever I get the chance to. Admittedly have really been slacking off on this mainly due to lack of time and intensity of my workload at work :meh:

Personal goal: No idea right now…

5. Mew151 - Meet Randy

Reality Check: I will RC whenever I meet up with friends, since meeting up with friends and things becoming weird and awkward has becoming a consistent theme in my dreams lately.

Personal goal: Read Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming every night before bed. It’ll help me relax and just be nostalgic… I think it’s been about 10 years since I last gave that book a real read.

I… was concerned at first because I thought you meant read the entire book each night before bed. :tongue:

5. Mew151 - Meet Randy
  6. Obfusc8 - Transform into a tree and put down roots

Reality Check: Whenever I get on/in or out of a vehicle.

Personal goal: 30+ mins of exercise every day. I generally do way more than this during the week, but the weekends tend to be 0… because computer games. :tongue:

5. Mew151 - Meet Randy
  7. Letaali - Visit an alien world

Reality Check: Whenever I wake up.

Personal goal: Actually WBTB. I’ve been too lazy to do this for a while.

5. Mew151 - Meet Randy
  8. PremiumOtter - Shoot a fireball from my mouth

Reality Check: Whenever I enter a different room.

Personal goal: Cut down on daydreaming and become more aware of my actions and surroundings.

its so interesting to read everyones goals and reality checks, i am feeling inspired! “shoot a fireball out of my mouth” is one ive never heard before, i love it :smile:

5. Mew151 - Meet Randy
  8. PremiumOtter - Shoot a fireball from my mouth
  9. GenghisKhan - Manage to discuss with A about one thing

Reality check: at work or at the beach

Personal goal: daily meditation

For this LC, I might only post weekly or so (with dated dreams from my paper diary).

I have recently had the thought that logging on to a forum (e.g. to post dreams) every morning is potentially a slightly bad habit.

P.S. I love you all! This is such a great community! But I have reservations about the Internet in general … one of the greatest enablers of procrastination/avoidance that humanity has ever devised.

So I may be doing an " I am not an addict" demonstration this time.

Susan’s comment hit a nerve… enough to make me want to change my personal goal. As this seems to be a challenge about habits, then breaking probably my worst habit seems like a good shout. (Not that exercise isn’t an important habit, but blah blah something something rest days.) So I’d like to change my personal goal to be: No mindless phone browsing while watching TV.

This is gonna be tough. :help:

To be explicit about my waking life personal goal - i’ll claim the points for each day I don’t read ld4all or do any other non-work related web surfing.

Am I right in thinking we start this coming Saturday?

I don’t know what the effect giving up the Internet for the challenge will be. It’s possible the effect on my sleep will be that I have no recall at all. If that happens, I’ll take that as an interesting experimental result, and won’t be disappointed about getting a low score in the challenge.

yes, we will start this saturday :grin:

anyone who would like to join between now and then is welcome :smile: even if you are not up for the lucid dream workshopping part or getting a high score, you can still help us with our group goal to find a certain amount of a certain every day object in our dreams!