LC 65 - The Great Library! Books found: 38

yay, first lucid dream of the challenge! and so many great scifi dreams! and MORE BOOKS! :woo:

for this weeks scifi challenge, only scifi stories can be counted as books in the library if they are had from within, but your nap dream definitely counts. you may be ahead of the game a little with fantasy genre dreams… :wink: and i too find the Featherless Crow to be a curious figure!

obfusc8 those robots sound cute :smile: i sure could use some robot helpers in my shop.

the librarian is pleased

Books in the Great Library: :open_book::notebook_with_decorative_cover::closed_book::blue_book::blue_book::blue_book::blue_book::blue_book:

Same report as yesterday, unfortunately, 1 ND w/ no tasks

[spoiler]Week 1
Sun: dj, personal rc, meditation
Mon: dj, personal rc, meditation[/spoiler]

Oh look, more points! I do have a quick question, though. We can only claim the “dream a science fiction dream” once, right? Otherwise… I feel like I had two more scifi-ish dreams just this morning. :tongue:

General Points:

• :writing_hand: dj entry
  • :sleeping_bed: reality check (actually did this twice :tongue: )

A Strange Metroid Level:

• :medal_sports: find a superhero (“superhero power suits”; Samus has her Chozo powered armor)

Aliens Invade:

• :zzz::zzz: short ld
  • :blue_book: dream a science fiction dream (Alien invasion!)
  • :medal_sports: find an alien

Stats so Far:

[spoiler]Week 1: Science Fiction
August 18, Sun: :writing_hand: :sleeping_bed: :blue_book: :crown::crown::crown:
August 19, Mon: :writing_hand: :sleeping_bed: :medal_sports: :zzz::zzz: :blue_book: :medal_sports:
[/spoiler]

Felt sick at night, couldn’t sleep after 2h, but took a nap. Nap was filled with horrible dreams. :grrr:

There was a scifi machine in one of the nightmares, but otherwise it wasn’t very scifi. Not sure if that counts for another book.

DJ link

[spoiler]Week 1
Sun: :writing_hand::alarm_clock::sleeping_bed:
Mon: :writing_hand::alarm_clock::sleeping_bed: :star::blue_book::crown::crown::crown:
Tue: :writing_hand::alarm_clock::sleeping_bed::blue_book:?
[/spoiler]

Nothing relevant for me last night. FA following a tentative WILD. But I’m being very diligent with meditation and daily goal…

[spoiler]Week 1
Sun: dj, morning rc, personal rc, sf dream, book, meditation, personal goal (7)
Mon: dj, morning rc, meditation, book, rc in a dream, short ld, personal goal (9)
Tue: dj, meditation, personal rc, personal goal (4)[/spoiler]

obfusc8: i just noticed you didn’t give yourself a special robot award :medal_sports: for finding one of the four scifi objects (which you get in addition to the scifi dream, but only once per object throughout the challenge)

PremiumOtter: consistency is key! keep up the journaling and recall and more points are sure to follow eventually :smile:

diligence points for Le Bateleur as well!

congrats on the LD Cornelia! you can claim science fiction dream once per night, just like seeing a book. the special active technology use challenge can only be done once. ill go make that clear in the points explanation! the librarian nods approvingly at another book to add to the shelf.

sorry about the nightmares Letaali. the librarian has judged that the scifi machine in your dream definitely counts, and has catalogued the book as scifi/horror.

the librarian would like to note that there are many Hugo-award-winning books in the scifi/horror genre, and while she certainly does not want to encourage nightmares, the library is more than happy to put them on the shelves.

Books in the Great Library:
:open_book::notebook_with_decorative_cover::closed_book::blue_book::blue_book::blue_book::blue_book::blue_book:
:blue_book::blue_book:

Aaaaand another lucid! I’m on a roll! :happy: (inb4 it’s all downhill from here :tongue: )

General Points:

• :sleeping_bed: reality check

Cornelia Breathes Too Hard:

• :zzz::zzz: short ld
  • :thinking::thinking: reality check in dream

Stats so Far:

August 19, Mon: :writing_hand: :sleeping_bed: :medal_sports: :zzz::zzz: :blue_book: :medal_sports:
August 20, Tue: :writing_hand: :sleeping_bed: :zzz::zzz: :thinking::thinking:
[/spoiler]

Had to get up a lot earlier than usual since school’s back in, so it’s just a couple of fragments this time, no tasks.

[spoiler]
Week 1
Sun: dream journal, personal rc, meditation
Mon: dream journal, personal rc, meditation
Tue: dream journal, personal rc, mediation [/spoiler]

Had 3 NDs here this morning. No tasks.

[spoiler]week 1

sun: :writing_hand:
mon: :writing_hand::sleeping_bed:
tue: :sleeping_bed:
wed: :writing_hand::sleeping_bed: [/spoiler]

I’m going to break my Internet detox to say: I think the Internet can be really bad for you, because it lures you into thinking you’re having social interaction while in fact you’re deprived of it.

In Buddhism, it sometimes said that waking life is a bit like a dream. I think there’s a waking life equivalent to lucidity in a dream. In a dream, you become lucid by seeing the dream for what it is. In waking life, the equivalent of lucidity is seeing past your self-deceptions and seeing what your problems really are.

No points to claim for this, I think, but I had a profound revelation. Thank you o Obliverum.

Sunday: RC on waking; no recall; meditation; no Internet

Monday: RC on waking; DJ entry; meditation; no Internet

Tuesday: RC on waking; no recall; meditation; no Internet

Wednesday: RC on waking; meditation; broke my Internet diet to post this

No SciFi tonight, but a funny sequence of failed RC, FA, RC, brief lucidity and another FA. I’ll update the record later for meditation, personal goal and rc (if I’m diligent :tongue:).

[spoiler]Week 1
Sun: dj, morning rc, personal rc, sf dream, book, meditation, personal goal (7)
Mon: dj, morning rc, meditation, book, rc in a dream, short ld, personal goal (9)
Tue: dj, meditation, personal rc, personal goal (4)
Wed: dj, morning rc, dream RC, dream RC, short lucid (8)[/spoiler]

and Thank you Susan! I find it truely interesting to read your experience and I also believe in the “lucidity” in the waking life. :peek:

So now to my points:
Claiming points for 1 short LD last Night, for seeing a robot and a book (if notebooks count)
Dream Journal

SPOILER - Click to view

18-9-2019 - :alarm_clock: :star:
19-9-2019 - :writing_hand: :crown::crown::crown: :alarm_clock: :star:
20-9-2019 - :alarm_clock::red_car: :star:

I’m averaging about 5 hours sleep a night since the start of the competition, which is barely enough for dreams. :sad: Hoping for some REM rebound tonight!

I often think that the reason why we are not normally lucid in dreams is, simply, because we are not lucid in WL. We very seldomly look at our surroundings with a sense of wonder or inquiry, and we bring this mindset in our dreams.

In many religious traditions it is said that even in our waking state we are “asleep” (hence the idea of spiritual awakening). For me, the first step towards “waking lucidity” is the recognition of this lack of awareness. And trying to observe myself and my surrounding with an active, inquisitive mind is the first step towards dream lucidity.

This attentive outlook on reality awakens a certain acuity, similar to that experienced in meditation. The senses become sharper, there’s an intense perception of the body, of space, of sensory impressions, and awareness of oneself.

Does this relate to your experience at all?

(Mmmh, I feel I might have gone slightly off-topic here… my apologies! :mrgreen_hat:)

This was one of the first things I learned when I started lucid dreaming. I felt like I was awake for the first time in my life. I had been sleepwalking through life before, never being in the moment and aware like I was at that point, after a lucid dream.

im enjoying this discussion, thanks for kicking it off Susan! lucid dreaming also taught me a lot about what awareness means in waking life. the part about being honest with yourself is harder… i can be honest with myself about most of my own failings but when it comes to other people i always somehow manage to find excuses for them when i should know better. i wonder if dreams can help with that.

also its great to see so many lucid dreams! go team! :happy:

the librarian greedily accepts the notebook from Koal44, expecting it to contain many great stories, or perhaps even a publishable diary… yes, literature contains some great notebooks indeed!

Books in the Great Library:
:open_book::notebook_with_decorative_cover::closed_book::blue_book::blue_book::blue_book::blue_book::blue_book:
:blue_book::blue_book::notebook_with_decorative_cover:

No tasks or anything interesting from yesterday, just a dj post, RC and meditation like usual. link

[spoiler]Week 1
Sun: :writing_hand::alarm_clock::sleeping_bed:
Mon: :writing_hand::alarm_clock::sleeping_bed: :star::blue_book::crown::crown::crown:
Tue: :writing_hand::alarm_clock::sleeping_bed::blue_book:
Wed: :writing_hand::alarm_clock::sleeping_bed:
[/spoiler]

Moar fragments, no tasks

[spoiler]
Week 1
un: dream journal, personal rc, meditation
Mon: dream journal, personal rc, meditation
Tue: dream journal, personal rc, mediation
Wed: dream journa, personal rc, meditation[/spoiler]

Not much today. But I do have a question for you, Obliverum. Le Bateleur claimed the “reality check in dream” (:thinking::thinking:) twice in one day (and in one dream)! This seems like something that should only be claimable once per day. Is it claimable multiple times in one day?

General Points:

• :sleeping_bed: reality check
  • :red_car: 2nd reality check

Stats so Far:

August 20, Tue: :writing_hand: :sleeping_bed: :zzz::zzz: :thinking::thinking:
August 21, Wed: :writing_hand: :sleeping_bed: :red_car:
[/spoiler]