EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 132
2020 Vision

LC 65 - The Great Library! Books found: 38

Author  Message 
Obliverum
lucidly living
Astral Explorer
Obliverum has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 2018: 18

PostPosted: Thu 22 Aug, 2019  Reply with quote

whoops, posted at the same time as Cornelia (and also james, hooray for more consistent work!)

my intention was that reality check would be claimable once per dream. i know what counts as one dream or two can be subjective, and while some dreamers struggle with FAs that feel like very different dreams others experience them as one disjointed dream.

i hope i have clarified the rules, and it is up to Le Bateleur's judgement whether they want to change their accounting or whether they do perceive FAs as separate dream experiences. i hope either way some of you will share how you perceive RC's, because i frequently struggle with rc strings, especially where lucidity is involved. it can be quite intense!

i also am relieved Cornelia is lending her lc experience and numeric attentive life skills to double check things and make sure i havent missed anything, because some life bullshit is making me not good at that right now!

i am now so curious about this! hmm, maybe there's some threads i can dig up... RC strings during lucid dreaming are so annoying and difficult...

Current LD goal(s): learn healing magic

Link to My DJ: ld4all.com=
Le Bateleur
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

Cornelia Xaos wrote:
Le Bateleur claimed the "reality check in dream" (🤔🤔) twice in one day (and in one dream)! This seems like something that should only be claimable once per day. Is it claimable multiple times in one day?

Hi Cornelia, you're probably right. Thanks for pointing that out. I was pretty sure I read somewhere that you can claim it multiple times, as long as it's not one RC right after the other. But perhaps I just imagined it, as I can't find it again! I am happy to un-claim one of them.

Tonight was a very good one. I found a book in a ND and had the longest LD I have had in a very long while... definitely more than a year... It actually ends a long chain of dreams crashing into darkness at the first sign of lucidity. I also had a good attempt at my personal goal, but recall little of that part and am not very satisfied with the result. The conversation was with a dull DC, and was not very fruitful or interesting. So I'd like to update my goal: Ask a smart DC about the nature of their reality! biggrin

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

EDIT: Right, Obliverum, posted the same time as me!

Obliverum wrote:
my intention was that reality check would be claimable once per dream. i know what counts as one dream or two can be subjective, and while some dreamers struggle with FAs that feel like very different dreams others experience them as one disjointed dream.

i hope i have clarified the rules, and it is up to Le Bateleur's judgement whether they want to change their accounting or whether they do perceive FAs as separate dream experiences. i hope either way some of you will share how you perceive RC's, because i frequently struggle with rc strings, especially where lucidity is involved. it can be quite intense!

I do tend to perceive FAs as separate dream experiences, but for the purpose of this challenge I'd be more inclined to consider them as being part of the same dream.

FAs are a bizarre thing and I hope the morning RC will slowly seep into my subconscious! I once had a chain of 4 FAs one after the other, I was lucid and wanted to wake up, it felt very much like Inception. Since I started keeping a regular journal they've become a recurrent theme in my dreams, especially when lucidity is involved. For sure they're the most common dream sign I can find.

obfusc8
obfuscate! :P
cookie lover
obfusc8 has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

Book found - I'd like to donate one copy of The Hobbit to the dream library! smile

Standard-ish length LD. Slightly Sci-fi themed due to time travelling? Probably not.
DJ Entry

Been feeling rage plenty in WL, hence the crazy moment and the thoughts about anti-depressants

Le Bateleur
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

obfusc8 wrote:
Book found - I'd like to donate one copy of The Hobbit to the dream library! smile

Well done!! applaus One of my favourites... Been re-reading it recently again ^^

obfusc8 wrote:
My foot hits a small plastic bottle. The contents rattle. Prozac. Someone nearby tells me to take some but I choose not to, instead claiming a large bottle of rum

I love this part. Rum >>> Prozac! But I'd still go for something more herbal and less excitant wink

Cornelia Xaos
cookie lover
cookie lover
Cornelia Xaos has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes
LD count: 391—20/02/16
Location: I'll give you a hint: it's got a blue background with stars, and it's a forum...

PostPosted: Fri 23 Aug, 2019  Reply with quote

More declining recall..

General Points:
  • ✍️ dj entry
  • 🛌 reality check
  • ⭐️ waking life goal

Stats so Far:

Current LD goal(s): Summon Lynn for a Tea Party.

Link to My DJ: ld4all.com
LizSFX2016
Resident Shapeshifter
LD4all addict
LizSFX2016 has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 391

Had 2 NDs here this morning. No tasks.

PremiumOtter
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

1 ND here, no tasks.

Letaali
Ghost
cookie lover
Letaali has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Wolfgame
LD count: 118

I have a book to offer to the library. It's...erotic fiction called Incarnations. Big white book with golden details.
I'm sorry

DJ link

Current LD goal(s): Reach the Frozen Planet
Le Bateleur
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Sat 24 Aug, 2019  Reply with quote

Le Bateleur bows down, presenting a music book to the librarian.

Second day without meditation, feeling very sloppy.

Cornelia Xaos
cookie lover
cookie lover
Cornelia Xaos has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes
LD count: 391—20/02/16
Location: I'll give you a hint: it's got a blue background with stars, and it's a forum...

And.. I've practically hit rock bottom.. I hope the weekend is an improvement.

General Points:
  • ✍️ dj entry
  • 🛌 reality check
  • ⭐️ waking life goal

Stats so Far:

Current LD goal(s): Summon Lynn for a Tea Party.

Last edited by Cornelia Xaos on Sat 24 Aug, 2019; edited 1 time in total
PremiumOtter
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

1 ND here, no tasks. The second dream I've had this week where I'm in school, and not one book. At least it's a bit meatier, recall-wise.

Obliverum
lucidly living
Astral Explorer
Obliverum has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 2018: 18

the librarian bustles in and starts short when she glances toward the book return slot.

"what have we here... four books?" her eyes fill with greed as she goes to snatch them up.

"oh! The Hobbit! what a wonderful book to have in our collection!" she goes to add it to the shelf and hesitates next to the scifi section. "hmm, i wonder if it is time to get started on our fantasy selection? perhaps a project for tomorrow..."

she settles the book onto the empty shelf next to the scifi dream collection, and takes a look at the next book in her pile.

"music! how lovely, how grand, second only to silence."

she places the music book next to some of the other recent miscellaneous finds.

"next: 'The Old and New + 1°09'', i wonder what that means?" she flips through the book and decides to categorize it as metaphysical.

"and... what have we here?" she turns her attention to the big white book left in her hands. she reads the gold lettering aloud: "'Incarnations'. interesting, perhaps another for metaphysical?"

she opens the book, eager to properly categorize it.

the great librarian blushes and closes the book.

the great librarian pauses a moment and then re-opens the book.

the great librarian will be mysteriously occupied for a short while, but will return inspired and invigorated with a new set of challenges and plans to add books to her collection.

Books in the Great Library:
📖📔📕📘📘📘📘📘
📘📘📔📕📕📕📖

Current LD goal(s): learn healing magic

Link to My DJ: ld4all.com=
LizSFX2016
Resident Shapeshifter
LD4all addict
LizSFX2016 has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 391

Had 1 LD here this morning which at around 5 minutes long makes it a medium one for me. Although I tried to do my personal goal, it didn't progress to the point where it felt complete for me. It did notably feature a very smooth/seamless controlled WILD which is extremely rare for me smile

Susan_Y
cookie lover
cookie lover
Susan_Y has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

Week 1,
Thursday: rc on waking, no internet, dream journal entry
Friday: rc on waking, no internet, dream journal entry
Saturday: rc on waking, meditation, dream journal entry (broke internet diet to post this)

(I also have some very rough sketches of dream art, but won't claim these yet).

Le Bateleur
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

Beautiful LD for me tonight. Attempted my personal goal, and although I didn't succeed, I had a very pleasant meeting with my younger self. And in a ND somewhere earlier there was a robot! Albeit not complete, it was very realistic indeed. Kind of Ex Machina style.

print