21-8-2019 - :alarm_clock: :red_car: :star:
22-8-2019 - :writing_hand: :zzz::zzz::zzz: :closed_book:
23-8-2019 :writing_hand: :alarm_clock: :red_car:
24-8-2019 :writing_hand: :zzz::zzz::zzz: :closed_book: :medal_sports:
25-8-2019 :writing_hand::alarm_clock: :star::medal_sports:
26-8-2019 :writing_hand: :zzz::alarm_clock: :star:
27-8-2019 :writing_hand::alarm_clock: :star:
28-8-2019 :writing_hand:

[i]the librarian arches her one eyebrow to new heights. “maybe some elves?” she asks. “lets see. elves, with an elven backstory, and elven weapons, and elven objects, going to an elven banquet.”

she somehow manages to snatch the fantasy book from you despite that you didn’t realize you were holding one, and places it between the hobbit and Le Bateleur’s elf history book.[/i]

congrats on our first official fantasy book gotten from a fantasy dream!

Books in the Great Library:
:open_book::notebook_with_decorative_cover::closed_book::blue_book::blue_book::blue_book::blue_book::blue_book:
:blue_book::blue_book::notebook_with_decorative_cover::closed_book::closed_book::closed_book::open_book::closed_book:
:closed_book::lock::orange_book:

I have uploaded some sketches of dream images. No points, I think, because these are from dreams before LC 65.

The usual WL grind for me these past few days

[spoiler]
Week 1
Sun: dj, personal rc, meditation
Mon: dj, personal rc, meditation
Tue: dj, personal rc, meditation
Wed: dj, personal rc, meditation
Thu: dj, personal rc, personal goal, meditation
Fri: dj, personal rc, personal goal, meditation
Sat: did, personal rc, personal goal, meditation

Week 2
Sun: dj, personal rc, personal goal, meditation
Mon: personal rc, personal goal, meditation
Tue: persnoal rc, personal goal, meditation
Wed: dj, personal rc, personal goal, meditation[/spoiler]

Here’s my shoddy recall from this morning… wasn’t able to have tea last night… or tonight… so no third point.

General Points:

• :writing_hand: dj entry
  • :sleeping_bed: reality check

Stats so Far:

[spoiler]Week 1: Science Fiction
August 18, Sun: :writing_hand: :sleeping_bed: :blue_book: :crown::crown::crown:
August 19, Mon: :writing_hand: :sleeping_bed: :medal_sports: :zzz::zzz: :blue_book: :medal_sports:
August 20, Tue: :writing_hand: :sleeping_bed: :zzz::zzz: :thinking::thinking:
August 21, Wed: :writing_hand: :sleeping_bed: :red_car:
August 22, Thu: :writing_hand: :sleeping_bed: :star:
August 23, Fri: :writing_hand: :sleeping_bed: :star:
August 24, Sat: :writing_hand: :sleeping_bed: :star: :zzz::zzz::zzz: :thinking::thinking:

Week 2: Fantasy
August 25, Sun: :writing_hand: :sleeping_bed: :red_car: :zzz::zzz::zzz:
August 26, Mon: :writing_hand: :sleeping_bed: :star: :zzz::zzz:
August 27, Tue: :writing_hand: :sleeping_bed: :star:
August 28, Wed: :writing_hand: :sleeping_bed:
[/spoiler]

:writing_hand: 1 DJ Entries
:stopwatch: 1 time meditation
:sleeping_bed: 1 RC upon waking up

I m having really agitated nights at the moment and I barely remember anything (always a sudden awakening)… Can’t wait for Week ends!

Wednesday: meditation

Thursday: no recall, rc on waking, meditation, broke Internet diet to post this

I have recently bought a meditation cushion (zafu). I meditated without one before, but had heard they were popular in other styles of yoga. The cushion has been getting a lot of use in this LC. On enquiring further it turns out that my usual yoga style also recommends a cushion for some of the meditations.

This morning: hatha yoga after waking up. It turns out that I am out of practise, and no longer have enough flexibility in my legs to do “the water jug”. (I.e. Seated forward bend)

Mythical creature found! It was… um, unique.
DJ Entry

SPOILER - Click to view

18-8-2019 - :alarm_clock: :star:
19-8-2019 - :writing_hand: :crown::crown::crown: :alarm_clock: :star:
20-8-2019 - :alarm_clock::red_car: :star:
21-8-2019 - :alarm_clock: :red_car: :star:
22-8-2019 - :writing_hand: :zzz::zzz::zzz: :closed_book:
23-8-2019 :writing_hand: :alarm_clock: :red_car::star:
24-8-2019 :writing_hand: :zzz::zzz::zzz: :orange_book: :medal_sports:
25-8-2019 :writing_hand::alarm_clock: :star::medal_sports:
26-8-2019 :writing_hand: :zzz::alarm_clock: :star:
27-8-2019 :writing_hand::alarm_clock: :star:
28-8-2019 :writing_hand::alarm_clock:
29-8-2019​:writing_hand: :zzz::zzz::zzz: :orange_book: :crown::crown::crown: :medal_sports:

Slightly better recall tonight. Still unable to have my tea since I’m having kitchen troubles… Maybe next time.

General Points:

Stats so Far:

August 19, Mon: :writing_hand: :sleeping_bed: :medal_sports: :zzz::zzz: :blue_book: :medal_sports:
August 24, Sat: :writing_hand: :sleeping_bed: :star: :zzz::zzz::zzz: :thinking::thinking:

August 29, Thu: :writing_hand: :sleeping_bed:
[/spoiler]

:writing_hand: 1 DJ Entries
:stopwatch: 1 time meditation
:sleeping_bed: 1 RC upon waking up

Claiming points for seeing a mythical creature (a giraffe/octopus/dragon) and for being one (an oger)
Claiming points for the fantasy genre dream.
I asked a lot of knights to come swear an oath on their sword that I helped kill the beast so that the other knights would stop chasing me.

Dream Journal

Friday: dream journal entry, rc on waking, meditation, broke my Internet diet to post this

Also, hatha yoga. I can’t reach down to my ankles in triangle pose. (I used to be able to do this - i’ve lost some flexibility)

Oh hey, look. Surprise tasks! :tongue: I could almost toss up between both the scifi and the fantasy dream tasks… but since there was more scifi due to the tech and time travel portals I’ve decided to claim that one instead of the other.

General Points:

Broken Game Dream

• :medal_sports: find a robot
  • :blue_book: dream a science fiction dream
  • :medal_sports: see a magical item

Stats so Far:

August 30, Fri: :writing_hand: :sleeping_bed: :medal_sports: :blue_book: :medal_sports:
[/spoiler]

:lol: dream magical creatures are my new favorite thing, between obfusc8’s goat/dog/dragonfly and Koal44’s octopus/giraffe/dragon :grin: (dream art, anyone? i would love to see these creatures!)

Susan_Y: ive always wanted one of those cushions, my legs fall asleep after 10 minutes when i sit without one

Cornelia: i would totally read a book about a robot that uses magical items

PremiumOtter: the longer you stay consistent the more impressed i am!

the last week of the challenge is coming soon… stay tuned to see what the final tasks will be!

:open_book::notebook_with_decorative_cover::closed_book::blue_book::blue_book::blue_book::blue_book::blue_book:
:blue_book::blue_book::notebook_with_decorative_cover::closed_book::closed_book::closed_book::open_book::closed_book:
:closed_book::lock::orange_book::orange_book::orange_book::blue_book:

Saturday: no recall (intense dreams, but couldn’t hold on to the memory of what happened when waking up); rc on waking; meditation

welcome to our last week of challenges! now is the time to reap the fruit of all the good habits youve been creating and start noticing those dream signs, if you havent been already!

The Great Library: Week 3: Mystery

the great librarian taps her foot and crosses her arms as she looks you up and down. “my senses arent often wrong,” she begins, “but they must be off today because i dont sense a single book on you and surely, surely you have more books for me? after all, the library opening is in only a week!”

“no…” you reply, trying not to wilt under her withering glare. “…but there were three yesterday! and 22 books isn’t exactly a bad start. im pretty sure thats more books than most people have read in their entire lives.”

the librarian looks a bit like she has just suffered a mortal wound, but rallies and gets back to business.

“no matter, we can get more. we will get more! more books!” she stares at you owlishly.

“more books,” you agree.

“i have been working hard on my end of things here, making shelves that can collect certain genres of dreams, and i am happy to report that i have a new section waiting for you.”

“dont leave me in suspense,” you say.

“right you are!” she cries. “our new section is for mystery books!”

“looks like we solved the case!”

“dont get ahead of yourself, we still have to collect books for it. keep an eye out for anything you notice that is confusing or out of place, like a relative you havent seen in a long time suddenly showing up in your work place, or a boat on your roof, or that you have somehow snuck into your childhood home or school despite that you arent supposed to be there anymore.”

“how do i know if its really a mystery?” you ask.

“hmph! well if you have to ask, it must be a mystery, dont you think?”

“i… guess that makes sense?”

“any dream where you feel something is mysterious will do. shoes in your pudding, pudding in your shoes, all of it is very mysterious even though it happens all the time.”

“of course it does.”

“so if you see something like that, it might be a mystery. if you wonder about it at all, it definitely is a mystery. if you find out the toaster did it, then you solved the mystery! in fact, you can even solve a mysterious circumstance by realizing that it is because you are dreaming! now get out there and be confused!”

“yes ma’am! i mean… yes ma’am?”

this weeks special challenges are:

:medal_sports: ask a question, witness a crime, see someone or something out of place, or be somewhere you shouldnt be in a nonlucid or lucid dream (each thing can be found once per person, multiple at once is fine)
:green_book: dream a mysterious dream (this is in addition to, and separate from, finding any of the four things)
:crown::crown::crown: solve a mystery, in a lucid or nonlucid dream (can claim points once total)

I have dreams again! And a few more books! One of which is… well… it’s fantasy… but… I think belongs next to Incarnations:whistle: I can provide more details, in private, if the librarian doth wisheth. :tongue: Some of the things claimed for the second dream also happened in the redacted bit… :shy:

EDIT: Upon inspection… we can only contribute one fantasy / scifi / mystery themed book per day… so only one of those below count.

General Points:

More Game Dreams

• :orange_book: dream a fantasy genre dream
  • :medal_sports: see a witch/wizard/enchanter

A Moment of Lucidity

• :zzz::zzz: short lucid dream
  • :orange_book: dream a fantasy genre dream (duplicate, not counted)
  • :medal_sports: see a mythological creature

Stats so Far:

August 30, Fri: :writing_hand: :sleeping_bed: :medal_sports: :blue_book: :medal_sports:
August 31, Sat: :writing_hand: :sleeping_bed: :orange_book: :medal_sports: :zzz::zzz: :medal_sports:
[/spoiler]

oh no, two books, which one is a librarian to choose… the librarian subtly snatches the book out of the air and places it in the restricted section, for qualified scholars only, scholars such as herself, who are very qualified, and must drown themselves in scholarly research to lament the book they had to miss out on

no details necessary, though if you want to share what the mythological creature was, it can live in our imaginations besides the octopus/giraffe/dragon and the goat/dragonfly/dog

:closed_book::lock::orange_book::orange_book::orange_book::blue_book::lock:

Still just chugging along.

[spoiler]
Week 1
Sun: dj, personal rc, meditation
Mon: dj, personal rc, meditation
Tue: dj, personal rc, meditation
Wed: dj, personal rc, meditation
Thu: dj, personal rc, personal goal, meditation
Fri: dj, personal rc, personal goal, meditation
Sat: did, personal rc, personal goal, meditation

Week 2
Sun: dj, personal rc, personal goal, meditation
Mon: personal rc, personal goal, meditation
Tue: persnoal rc, personal goal, meditation
Wed: dj, personal rc, personal goal, meditation
Thu: personal rc, personal goal, meditation
Fri: personal rc, personal goal, meditation
Sat: dj, personal rc, personal goal, meditation [/spoiler]

Had 2 NDs here this morning. No tasks.

[spoiler]week 1

sun: :writing_hand:
mon: :writing_hand::sleeping_bed:
tue: :sleeping_bed:
wed: :writing_hand::sleeping_bed:
thur: :writing_hand::sleeping_bed:
fri: :writing_hand::sleeping_bed:
sat: :writing_hand::sleeping_bed::thinking::zzz:

Week 2
sat: :writing_hand::sleeping_bed:
sun:
mon:
tue:
wed:
thur:
fri:

Week 3
sat:
sun: :writing_hand::sleeping_bed:
[/spoiler]

PremiumOtter: in your latest dream it sounds like you may have witnessed attempted murder and/or conspiracy to commit murder, which would give you a :medal_sports: for witnessing a crime.

james_uk2008: i dont know what your dayjob is, but most people arent allowed in commercial aircraft cockpits so you could claim a :medal_sports: for being somewhere youre not supposed to be, if thats the case