LC 65 - The Great Library! Books found: 38

after all the weird bathroom dreams ive had i am not surprised :smile: but it is still out of place and you noticed that in the dream, so definitely :medal_sports:

not all drones are sci-fi, but between the hacking and the drones acting not like normal everyday drones thats definitely a scifi book. :blue_book:

quite an action scene!

the librarian regretfully watches the dream waft by and wishes she had the thriller section up and running. as a consolation she plucks an apple from the dream and places it on her desk. yes, thats better. :apple:

the librarian raises her hands as if about to conduct an orchestra. on the downbeat her hands manifest not music but literature, one book appearing in each.

Books in the Great Library:
:open_book::notebook_with_decorative_cover::closed_book::blue_book::blue_book::blue_book::blue_book::blue_book:
:blue_book::blue_book::notebook_with_decorative_cover::closed_book::closed_book::closed_book::open_book::closed_book:
:closed_book::lock::orange_book::orange_book::orange_book::blue_book::lock::blue_book:
:blue_book::green_book::green_book::orange_book::blue_book::orange_book::green_book:

moar books for librarian :grin:

[i]the great librarian peruses the cosmic horror dream that involves time pausing and alternate dimensions

“yes, mystery, let me just put that in the mystery section,” she says as she places it on the scifi shelf.[/i]

:open_book::notebook_with_decorative_cover::closed_book::blue_book::blue_book::blue_book::blue_book::blue_book:
:blue_book::blue_book::notebook_with_decorative_cover::closed_book::closed_book::closed_book::open_book::closed_book:
:closed_book::lock::orange_book::orange_book::orange_book::blue_book::lock::blue_book:
:blue_book::green_book::green_book::orange_book::blue_book::orange_book::green_book::orange_book:
:blue_book:

[i]“youd think this was rocket science,” the librarian mutters as she picks up the book and places it in the fantasy section. “mysterious labyrinths are practically a fantasy cliché,” her muttering continues. “if we were a bigger library, labyrinths would be its own fantasy subsection!”

her volume increases steadily as she continues muttering for another three hours on the topic of labyrinths while puttering about the library checking and re-checking on every book and its location.[/i]

:blue_book::green_book::green_book::orange_book::blue_book::orange_book::green_book::orange_book:
:blue_book::orange_book:

[i]the great librarian stops short, as if coming out of a spell, remembering that the great library is supposed to open… tomorrow!

“oh no oh no oh no” she says to herself, as she rushes to count the books. one night left, and she really needs to have at least three dozen books if she is to appear respectable in front of her colleagues when they visit for the opening. any less and she will simply be ruined! she couldnt stand the shame!

her breathing rate increases as she finishes re-counting for the fifth time, just to be sure. “34 books, 34 books! no need to panic, we can do this. just two more books. surely my librarylings will come through?”[/i]

I had recall this morning… but sadly no tasks or books. I’m sorry, Librarian… but I did find 7 over the course of the past three weeks! Nearly a third! :tongue:

General Points:

• :writing_hand: dj entry
  • :sleeping_bed: reality check

[spoiler]Week 1: Science Fiction
August 18, Sun: :writing_hand: :sleeping_bed: :blue_book: :crown::crown::crown:
August 19, Mon: :writing_hand: :sleeping_bed: :medal_sports: :zzz::zzz: :blue_book: :medal_sports:
August 20, Tue: :writing_hand: :sleeping_bed: :zzz::zzz: :thinking::thinking:
August 21, Wed: :writing_hand: :sleeping_bed: :red_car:
August 22, Thu: :writing_hand: :sleeping_bed: :star:
August 23, Fri: :writing_hand: :sleeping_bed: :star:
August 24, Sat: :writing_hand: :sleeping_bed: :star: :zzz::zzz::zzz: :thinking::thinking:

Week 2: Fantasy
August 25, Sun: :writing_hand: :sleeping_bed: :red_car: :zzz::zzz::zzz:
August 26, Mon: :writing_hand: :sleeping_bed: :star: :zzz::zzz:
August 27, Tue: :writing_hand: :sleeping_bed: :star:
August 28, Wed: :writing_hand: :sleeping_bed:
August 29, Thu: :writing_hand: :sleeping_bed:
August 30, Fri: :writing_hand: :sleeping_bed: :medal_sports: :blue_book: :medal_sports:
August 31, Sat: :writing_hand: :sleeping_bed: :orange_book: :medal_sports: :zzz::zzz: :medal_sports:

Week 3: Mystery
September 1, Sun: :writing_hand: :sleeping_bed:
September 2, Mon: :writing_hand: :sleeping_bed: :star: :medal_sports: :thinking: :blue_book: :medal_sports: :crown::crown::crown: :medal_sports: :medal_sports:
September 3, Tue: :writing_hand: :sleeping_bed: :star:
September 4, Wed: :writing_hand: :sleeping_bed: :star: :medal_sports: :green_book:
September 5, Thu: :writing_hand: :sleeping_bed: :star: :red_car:
September 6, Fri: :writing_hand: :sleeping_bed: :green_book:
September 7, Sat: :writing_hand: :sleeping_bed:
[/spoiler]

Had 1 here this morning. No tasks. It did however feature a book (catalogue) if this is worth mentioning?

[spoiler]week 1

sun: :writing_hand:
mon: :writing_hand::sleeping_bed:
tue: :sleeping_bed:
wed: :writing_hand::sleeping_bed:
thur: :writing_hand::sleeping_bed:
fri: :writing_hand::sleeping_bed:
sat: :writing_hand::sleeping_bed::thinking::zzz:

Week 2
sat: :writing_hand::sleeping_bed:
sun:
mon:
tue:
wed:
thur:
fri:

Week 3
sat:
sun: :writing_hand::sleeping_bed::medal_sports:
mon: :writing_hand::sleeping_bed::medal_sports:
tues:
wed:
thur: :writing_hand:
fri:
sat:

Week 4
Sun::writing_hand:
[/spoiler]

Sunday: no recall, forgot rc on waking,meditation, broke my Internet diet to post this.

In the entire LC:

• no lucid dreams
  • didn’t achieve my personal goal (castle of Respiral)
  • no books in dreams (except my dream journal)

I’m very pleased to provide the librarian with an original Egyptian papyrus which provides historical evidence for the existence of Christ! (I assume of course that papyruses are the ancient equivalent of books… But I can always take it back with me if the librarian doesn’t agree! :tongue: )

Only one more to go? Come on Dreamers! :wink:

[spoiler]18 Aug: : dj, morning rc, personal rc, sf dream, book, meditation, personal goal (7)
19 Aug: : dj, morning rc, meditation, book, rc in a dream, short ld, personal goal (9)
20 Aug: : dj, meditation, personal rc, personal goal (4)
21 Aug: : dj, morning rc, dream RC, short lucid, personal rc, meditation, personal goal (9)
22 Aug: : dj, morning rc, book, longest lucid in 1yr, personal rc (9)
23 Aug: : dj, morning rc, book, personal rc (4)
24 Aug: : dj, morning rc, robot, medium LD (6)
25 Aug: dj, morning rc, book, personal rc, meditation, personal goal (6)
26 Aug: dj, morning rc, book?
27 Aug: dj, RC in a dream, short lucid, morning rc, meditation (siiw
28 Aug: dj, morning RC, meditation (3)
29 Aug: dj, meditation (2)
30 Aug: dj, book, meditation (3)
31 Aug: dj, meditation (2)
1 Sep: meditation (1)
2 Sep: dj, meditation, magic-themed dream (3)
3 Sep: dj, meditation, unusual dream environment (3)
4 Sep: meditation (1)
5 Sep: dj, morning RC, dream RC, medium LD, meditation (8 )
6 Sep: dj, something that shouldn’t be there, meditation (3)
7 Sep: dj, morning RC, dream RC, short LD, fantasy dream (labyrinth), meditation, personal goal (9)
8 Sep: dj, book, …[/spoiler]

I guess I forgot to mention I found a book in my last entry

For tonight only
:writing_hand: dj entry

• I m gonna meditate now and Edit this post :happy:

EDIT:
:stopwatch: 15 Minutes meditation Wihoo!

Bit of an LD-rampage finisher from me. :content:

Counting
“Run like Hell” as a mystery lucid nighmare/dream - why were they chasing me?
“Hive Queen” as Sci-fi. and saw a full bookshelf about to be burned :sad:
Nightmare- fallout type dream on the 7th as Sci-fi
“Show me a dream” as mystery - trying to solve the murder

SPOILER - Click to view

18-8-2019 - :alarm_clock: :star:
19-8-2019 - :writing_hand: :crown::crown::crown: :alarm_clock: :star:
20-8-2019 - :alarm_clock::red_car: :star:
21-8-2019 - :alarm_clock: :red_car: :star:
22-8-2019 - :writing_hand: :zzz::zzz::zzz: :closed_book:
23-8-2019 :writing_hand: :alarm_clock: :red_car::star:
24-8-2019 :writing_hand: :zzz::zzz::zzz: :orange_book: :medal_sports:
25-8-2019 :writing_hand::alarm_clock: :star::medal_sports:
26-8-2019 :writing_hand: :zzz::alarm_clock: :star:
27-8-2019 :writing_hand::alarm_clock: :star:
28-8-2019 :writing_hand::alarm_clock:
29-8-2019​:writing_hand: :zzz::zzz::zzz: :orange_book: :crown::crown::crown: :medal_sports::alarm_clock: :star:
30-8-2019 :writing_hand::alarm_clock: :star:
31-8-2019 :writing_hand::alarm_clock: :orange_book:
1-9-2019 :alarm_clock: :star:
2-9-2019 :alarm_clock: :star:
3-9-2019 :alarm_clock: :star:
4-9-2019 :writing_hand: :medal_sports::green_book: :alarm_clock: :star:
5-9-2019​:writing_hand::alarm_clock: :star:
6-9-2019​:writing_hand::alarm_clock: :star:
7-9-2019​:writing_hand::alarm_clock: :star::zzz::zzz::zzz::orange_book:
8-9-2019​:writing_hand::medal_sports::zzz::zzz::zzz::green_book:&#12816 4;:zzz::zzz::orange_book::zzz::zzz::zzz::medal_sports::closed_book:

Totally lost track of all the symbols and points and whatevers… :tongue:

“is it worth mentioning?” the librarian repeats with emphasis. she inhales deeply, closes her eyes, and on the long exhale she executes a most elegant and dignified facepalm. she proceeds to slowly shake her head in disbelief. somehow without noticing her move and with her eyes still closed, she is now clutching the catalogue to her chest with her other arm. she holds her dramatic pose for an uncomfortable minute during which you suppose you are meant to feel contrition, but you notice her peeking at the book from behind her hand, unable to restrain her curiosity.

:blue_book::orange_book::closed_book:

obfusc8: woo, congrats on the LD-rampage! way to stick the landing :smile: the librarian can only collect one book per person per night and will be wringing her hands trying to choose.

i see more books coming in… :woo:

i will account for them in a writeup shortly :cool:

please continue to post your final dreams and submit your final journal soon :smile:

opening day at the great library

you hurry down the hall to the great library, holding two finds that you hope will complete the collection in time for opening day. you burst through the door and then stop short, surprised to see the room milling with people in formal dress of various eras and cultures, socializing in low voices.

you head over to the great librarian, coming up behind her as you over hear her conversation with a small group of people. the man across from her is wearing the kind of ridiculous historical suit indicative of men who are accustomed to being seen as very important.

“i hope the position of great librarian is not causing you too much difficulty,” he says in an overly sympathetic tone bordering on condescension. he sweeps his gaze dramatically around the library and continues: “32 books is still a good effort even if it is not quite up to the standard. you musnt be too hard on yourself. not everyone can be expected to follow the path of greatness.”

you are about to interrupt and come to the librarians defense. after all, there were 35 books before, and you are bringing two new ones! but just before you get into her line of sight you are stopped short when she emits a shockingly musical laugh that rings through the low murmur of the library and cuts to your core. its the kind of laugh that holds your mind on the teetering knife edge of wondering whether the laugh is fake or if everything you thought you knew about this person is deeply wrong.

“why Thaddeus,” she says in a low voice with a smile. “32 books. i understand how one might come to that conclusion, if one were not a qualified scholar with access to the restricted section. alas, we cannot all follow the path of knowledge, and what would we do without our politicians?”

“how convenient it must be for you eminent scholars,” he replies, “to have this mysterious section where, i trust, you have access to all these wonderful books that the rest of us cannot see.”

“indeed,” says a third voice, a small woman who has the face of someone in her twenties and the terrifying bearing of someone in her third millennium. her face shows no particular expression, but in a way that is full rather than empty. “as a scholar myself, i am curious to see what the restricted section has to offer,” she says, gazing inscrutably at the librarian. “perhaps we two scholars can study together these mysterious books.”

the librarian blushes, presumably because there are only three books in the restricted section, bringing the total only up to 35. then she inhales sharply through her nose, and, you swear, scents the books you are holding. she whirls on you.

“great librarian,” you begin, “i have brought…”

“yes,” she interrupts, “you brought over some books from the restricted section to demonstrate for our colleagues, how thoughtful of you,” she says, trying to communicate her intentions to you while simultaneously devouring the new books with her eyes.

“actually…”

“yes i see, only one is from the restricted section,” she continues as she takes the book out of your hands and her eyes take in the papyrus scroll carefully balanced on top. “an ancient scroll that provides historical evidence for the existence of Christ,” her voice tightens as she tries to keep up the charade. “an incredibly rare and valuable book which you of course would never touch without gloves on, which is why you brought it over balanced on top of this three-fold bible from our metaphysical section,” she says.

“may i?” asks the possibly-young-possibly-immortal woman, holding out a hand and turning her inscrutable gaze full blast on the librarian. the librarians tightness suddenly dissolves. youve never seen her hand over a book so willingly.

“34 books ive seen, then,” the pompous man continues. “still a good effort. and of course a mere politician like myself could not be expected to account for restricted books that are reserved for such knowledgeable scholars. at least the scifi section looks decent, unfortunate for us crime solvers that the mystery section is looking a bit thin, but of course i wouldnt expect your average library to have a good murder mystery on hand.”

the librarian looks him straight in the eye, and without breaking eye contact she reaches into the aether, pulls out a book titled “show me a dream”, and hands it to him. the pompous man tries to hide his surprise as he takes the murder mystery without thinking.

“you are very impressive indeed”, the inscrutable woman comments. “i would love to see your restricted section, do be a dear and show me the way”. she takes the librarians arm and they go off together, leaving you without a word. the pompous man harrumphs and heads off in the other direction.

“hey!” you say to no one in particular. “good work, thanks for the books, couldnt have done it without you,” you say to yourself, and then shrug.

you look around properly for the first time since you arrived. the books do look very happy on their shelves. you decide to be proud of the work you did, whether or not anyone else sees it. it wasnt easy, but the effort you put in every day has made you a better dreamer. the library can have the books. the important things you get to keep for yourself.

:blue_book::orange_book::closed_book::lock::closed_book::green_book:

Wait… we can still claim dreams? Can I claim my dream from this morning? (Had at September 8, 2019, before 0900 CDT ) It looks like others have claimed recent dreams… I thought the competition ended, though, yesterday.

sunday morning dreams count! a certain librarian would love to show off with an increasingly impressive opening day, im sure :wink:

technically this makes the challenge three weeks and a day rather than three weeks, i just didnt want people to have to worry about whether a dream was before or after midnight, and what time zone, and all that. so go ahead and submit your final dream journal including sunday morning!

the library grand opening party exists in a magic time bubble that will last until everyone submits their final accounts, in the next day or so :smile:

Rounding out the challenge with one more book

[spoiler]
Week 1
Sun: dj, personal rc, meditation
Mon: dj, personal rc, meditation
Tue: dj, personal rc, meditation
Wed: dj, personal rc, meditation
Thu: dj, personal rc, personal goal, meditation
Fri: dj, personal rc, personal goal, meditation
Sat: did, personal rc, personal goal, meditation

Week 2
Sun: dj, personal rc, personal goal, meditation
Mon: personal rc, personal goal, meditation
Tue: persnoal rc, personal goal, meditation
Wed: dj, personal rc, personal goal, meditation
Thu: personal rc, personal goal, meditation
Fri: personal rc, personal goal, meditation
Sat: dj, personal rc, personal goal, meditation, witness a crime

Week 3
Sun: dj, personal rc, personal goal, meditation, ask a question, do magic, +1 book
Mon: personal rc, personal goal, meditation
Tue: dj, personal rc, personal goal, meditation, find an alien
Wed: dj, personal rc, personal goal, meditation, be somewhere you shouldn’t
Thu: dj, personal rc, personal goal, meditation, +1 fantasy book, see a mythological creature
Fri: personal rc, personal goal, meditation
Sat: personal rc, personal goal, meditation
Sun: dj, personal rc, personal goal, meditation, +1 fantasy book[/spoiler]

Well… since Sunday morning dreams count… here’s my accidentally amazing Sunday morning dream in which I do the remaining tasks that I hadn’t done yet and the quest!!

General Points:

• :writing_hand: dj entry

Various Shards

• :zzz::zzz: short lucid dream
  • :stopwatch::stopwatch::stopwatch::stopwatch::stopwatch: current LD4All Quest
  • :crown::crown::crown: actively do magic
  • :medal_sports: see magic

[spoiler]Week 1: Science Fiction
August 18, Sun: :writing_hand: :sleeping_bed: :blue_book: :crown::crown::crown:
August 19, Mon: :writing_hand: :sleeping_bed: :medal_sports: :zzz::zzz: :blue_book: :medal_sports:
August 20, Tue: :writing_hand: :sleeping_bed: :zzz::zzz: :thinking::thinking:
August 21, Wed: :writing_hand: :sleeping_bed: :red_car:
August 22, Thu: :writing_hand: :sleeping_bed: :star:
August 23, Fri: :writing_hand: :sleeping_bed: :star:
August 24, Sat: :writing_hand: :sleeping_bed: :star: :zzz::zzz::zzz: :thinking::thinking:

Week 2: Fantasy
August 25, Sun: :writing_hand: :sleeping_bed: :red_car: :zzz::zzz::zzz:
August 26, Mon: :writing_hand: :sleeping_bed: :star: :zzz::zzz:
August 27, Tue: :writing_hand: :sleeping_bed: :star:
August 28, Wed: :writing_hand: :sleeping_bed:
August 29, Thu: :writing_hand: :sleeping_bed:
August 30, Fri: :writing_hand: :sleeping_bed: :medal_sports: :blue_book: :medal_sports:
August 31, Sat: :writing_hand: :sleeping_bed: :orange_book: :medal_sports: :zzz::zzz: :medal_sports:

Week 3: Mystery
September 1, Sun: :writing_hand: :sleeping_bed:
September 2, Mon: :writing_hand: :sleeping_bed: :star: :medal_sports: :thinking: :blue_book: :medal_sports: :crown::crown::crown: :medal_sports: :medal_sports:
September 3, Tue: :writing_hand: :sleeping_bed: :star:
September 4, Wed: :writing_hand: :sleeping_bed: :star: :medal_sports: :green_book:
September 5, Thu: :writing_hand: :sleeping_bed: :star: :red_car:
September 6, Fri: :writing_hand: :sleeping_bed: :green_book:
September 7, Sat: :writing_hand: :sleeping_bed:

Epilogue
September 8, Sun: :writing_hand: :zzz::zzz: :stopwatch::stopwatch::stopwatch::stopwatch::stopwatch: :crown::crown::crown: :medal_sports:
[/spoiler]

I’ve uploaded another piece of dream art from a dream during this challenge. (This was from the superhero dream).

In my sketchbook, I have the following drawings from LC 65 dreams:

• self portrait as Vajrayogini
  • driving on a highway
  • road bridge

I guess I don’t get art points unless I up’oad them before the end of the challenge, and unfortunately I’m too busy with other things to do that this week. I’ll will probably show them some other time.

I’m curious to see this one :smile:

Do you follow a Buddhist practice, if you don’t mind my asking? Do you practice anything related to dreaming?

* Cornelia wonders where the librarian went.

I’ve just uploaded another piece of dream art from this challenge.

I shall leave it to the host to determine if this submission is way too late to count for points…