An easy WILD technique: visualizing colours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  :| |:
LD4all » Quest for Lucidity

#61:  Author: tosxyChor PostPosted: Wed 23 Dec, 2009
    ----
2) Well, I experimented many techs other than this one, this is just one of the many ways of getting asleep faster. With time I got the general meaning, and I set myself up for sleeping faster.

1) If you relax your body first, it will take little, however i can't know how much it will take for you, nor you should know it, because waiting for the moment you will get asleep will only keep you awake just go with the flow of visualizing, keep your attention there, and relax in general, you'll be asleep before you know it wink5

#62:  Author: ArmanMoo PostPosted: Thu 24 Dec, 2009
    ----
Socks-ychor wrote:
2) Well, I experimented many techs other than this one, this is just one of the many ways of getting asleep faster. With time I got the general meaning, and I set myself up for sleeping faster.

1) If you relax your body first, it will take little, however i can't know how much it will take for you, nor you should know it, because waiting for the moment you will get asleep will only keep you awake just go with the flow of visualizing, keep your attention there, and relax in general, you'll be asleep before you know it wink5



Well I did this yesterday night. Didn't work at all.

First I thought of objects in different colours (ROYGBIV). Didn't work, so I went on to think about paint falling like a waterfall in the different colours. I wasn't excited, I was relaxed and calm.

This technique didn't work in the night, neither in the morning when I woke up without even moving.

This stuff just doesn't work for me. I'm so angry! grrr

#63:  Author: idanl09 PostPosted: Fri 25 Dec, 2009
    ----
It's really good, I was very relaxed but then I had to swallow my savila....

#64:  Author: tosxyChor PostPosted: Fri 25 Dec, 2009
    ----
What do you find yourself thinking about during those attempts? Thoughts about the future or past can keep you awake for long time.

At this point, I would suggest meditation. It's a freaking cure-all, believe me. Just sit for some minutes, being quiet, observing, listening. Let thoughts flow, be aware of them, and focus on the sensory experience only. I hope it goes well for you colgate

#65:  Author: LucidLuke PostPosted: Fri 25 Dec, 2009
    ----
Well this technique seems to give me a nice boost.

I suggest you imagine a surface of liquid coloured in red (the first colour in the spectrum) and with each breath you take- imagine something small fell into the liquid. The ripples then go as they go naturally and the colour gently paints into the next colour of the spectrum. This seems to relax me quickly enough. However, I have one question for the more experienced LD ers out there:

When i do as i mentioned above it goes easy at first. it goes "red...orange...yellow...green...blue...violet...red. ..ora..nge..ye..llow. ..gr..ee..n....." Undersdtand? I start to slip and other thoughts start racing through my head. Usually quite random thoughts.

SO, with the given situation I can only see three possible choices:

1. Allow my thoughts to divert from the technique when it does so naturally and just drift along the random thoughts (wouldnt that make me fall asleep un-lucid?)

2. Keep focus on the colours no matter what until i find myself in the lucid dream (wouldn't that be pushing it?)

3. Neither focus on the technique, neither allow my mind to wander absolutely, but rather begin to focus on my awareness and the sensory experience when I feel that the technique has relaxed my mind and body enough?

What do you guys think? ^^

#66:  Author: rashid11 PostPosted: Mon 28 Dec, 2009
    ----
thanks socks-ychor smile

#67:  Author: raybeam PostPosted: Fri 11 May, 2012
    ----
Link is down, was interested in reading this!

#68:  Author: raybeam PostPosted: Fri 11 May, 2012
    ----
found the text it is in the thread.. Having a really long period, lost count, but it might be years without LD's.. Gonna try this now..

#69:  Author: Merengil PostPosted: Wed 26 Jun, 2013
    ----
Could anyone update the link pretty please? People may want to try it, and it's not working... sadblauw
Thanks ! smile

#70:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Thu 27 Jun, 2013
    ----
Unfortunately it looks like the site that was originally hosting it went down. I'm not sure there is an easy way to find it again. I used the Way Back Machine internet archive, but the last copy of the page is from 2007 and does not seem to have that link. Moreover, the page that is there has some... interesting content. It might be best to move on tounge2

#71:  Author: lucky1990 PostPosted: Fri 28 Jun, 2013
    ----
Do i have to focus on my third eye while visualising colours. And can i visualise just a circle of colours like red, orange etc?

Can i change my sleeping positions while visualising and can i open my eyes for a brief period while visualising?

#72:  Author: Merengil PostPosted: Fri 28 Jun, 2013
    ----
Rhewin wrote:
Unfortunately it looks like the site that was originally hosting it went down. I'm not sure there is an easy way to find it again. I used the Way Back Machine internet archive, but the last copy of the page is from 2007 and does not seem to have that link. Moreover, the page that is there has some... interesting content. It might be best to move on tounge2

Oh, sorry, I was wrong... Actually, the whole method is on page 2 of answers tounge2 Perhaps someone could link to this part of the thread instead ?

lucky1990 wrote:
Can i change my sleeping positions while visualising and can i open my eyes for a brief period while visualising?

I'm not an expert, but in these techniques, your focus will break very easily if you move, and you'll go through sleep paralysis hell if you open your eyes, so I really advise you not to do any of these.


Last edited by Merengil on Sat 29 Jun, 2013; edited 2 times in total

#73:  Author: Merengil PostPosted: Sat 29 Jun, 2013
    ----
Btw, I tried this technique last night for the first time... and I got a LD ! :D (a short one, but still) I think it's very efficient, considering that I have tried the standard WILD one for countless times and it keeps failing...
It really allows you to stay awake and not fall asleep, while entering progressively dreams (whereas it's way harder to do that through WILD). Highly recommended ! :D

#74:  Author: Eterna PostPosted: Sun 30 Jun, 2013
    ----
Cheers for the link Merengil smile
There seems to be two identical posts but one has instructions and the other doesn't...or maybe I'm seeing things!

#75:  Author: Koharo PostPosted: Mon 01 Jul, 2013
    ----
Eterna wrote:
Cheers for the link Merengil smile
There seems to be two identical posts but one has instructions and the other doesn't...or maybe I'm seeing things!

Good time to do an RC. reality check



LD4all » Quest for Lucidity


Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  :| |:
Page 5 of 6
printed from the LD4all.com lucid dreaming forum. Content copyrighted by the author.
Lucid dreamers unite! visit LD4all.com