How did YOU learn to LD? - Part II
LD4all » General Lucidness

#1: How did YOU learn to LD? - Part II Author: Serith PostPosted: Wed 27 Feb, 2008
    ----
<mod>This is part II of the "How did YOU learn to LD?" topic.
Part I
dragon </mod>

I think I might have first learned lucid dreaming as a way to deal with nightmares, but I'm not certain, as I was very young when I first began lucid dreaming. Back then, I only had lucid dreams about once every few months, but over the past couple years, I've managed to increase that frequency to once every few days by using auto-suggestion and reality checks.

#2:  Author: Freya PostPosted: Fri 29 Feb, 2008
    ----
By just learning about it, and then some months later or something I got one so I started reading about them again...
I procrastinate so much ;_; I need to do the wake up early for an hour then go back sleep thing x_o I did that kinda once..but by accident :3

#3:  Author: thundhar PostPosted: Mon 17 Mar, 2008
    ----
i learned to LD just by reading about it on this site. and tonight i think (no i know ) i had my first LD. and the best thing about it is it was awesome, this site rocks and all you people here rock also. if i keep going this way ill post my DJ soon. thank you all for your advice and your tips on how to LD. your all just awesome smile

#4:  Author: chickenleggz PostPosted: Tue 18 Mar, 2008
    ----
2nd try smile tried WILD first time didnt work to well for me... scary as ***

#5:  Author: Termal PostPosted: Tue 18 Mar, 2008
    ----
I red about LD's in Esquire. I found a lot of webpages about LD's ... So I was trying it and first day I try it I did it smile

#6:  Author: Tundra PostPosted: Tue 18 Mar, 2008
    ----
I have always LD'd...I never knew what it was until I found this site... I'm very lucky actually, its a shame that not everybody can naturally do it..one person at my school paid £299 for a machine that gave him LD's and it doesn't work that well either...sadblauw

#7:  Author: Kristopher PostPosted: Fri 02 May, 2008
    ----
I mixed WILD with MILD

It worked until I chickened out confused

#8:  Author: Chris01 PostPosted: Fri 09 May, 2008
    ----
I found out about it on www.psipog.net, then started reading www.dreamviews.com, writing a DJ and doing RCs. Had my first one after 3-4 days. It lasted a couple of
seconds and then I had a FA. angry

#9:  Author: Stricken PostPosted: Mon 02 Jun, 2008
    ----
I'd already had several lucid dreams on accident as a kid, and at that time just saw them as a way to occasionally have superpowers. Never really knew about the concept of lucid dreaming, and at the time I didn't actually think it was possible to dream more than once or twice a month. Yet somehow, I managed to accidentally realize I was dreaming once every year or two. After awhile, one of my dreams really got my interest, and that's how I ended up finding this site.

#10:  Author: bob917209 PostPosted: Fri 06 Jun, 2008
    ----
Well, first I was on Wikipedia ( bow ), looking something up for school. And as such, the temptation of links was irresistible. So, I eventually found the page on lucid dreaming and Googled it (bow). Then I found this site. An d have been trying to LD since then.

#11:  Author: flyinggirl PostPosted: Sat 21 Jun, 2008
    ----
I am fairly new here, and have had about 6 LDs so far (in the last 6 months or so)
The main thing that led to LDs for me was journaling EVERY dream I had, even if it was just a snippet I could remember. I think this was a BIG bridge to bringing awareness to dreams and "building a bridge" from waking life to dream life. I also fall asleep saying "May I awaken in my dream and grasp the fact that I am dreaming..." to myself. I also think reading this forum helps to get LD-ing into the psyche.
When I don't do these things I mentioned, the LDs go away.

EDIT: PS Stephen LaBerge's book is VERY helpful too....

<mod>Edited in double post, please use edit. dragon</mod>

#12:  Author: L.Dreamer13 PostPosted: Sun 22 Jun, 2008
    ----
I first was reading up on Astral Projection and was reading bout that and then ended up reading an article on Lucid Dreaming.

#13:  Author: luciddator PostPosted: Sun 22 Jun, 2008
    ----
I had an LD about two years ago and didn't know what it was so I googled 'controlling your dreams' and then I got here and found the necessary information that I needed to induce my first LD. BTW I use MILD.

#14:  Author: Brownman PostPosted: Sun 22 Jun, 2008
    ----
During August. I was reading the dreaming entry on wikipedia randomly. I saw a link to lucid dreaming. I clicked it, youtubed it, then ended up here. Ive tried lucid dreaming since kindergarten but I didn't really understand the concept. Just thought I could fall asleep playing a scenario and then dream about it. But I've had a few lucid dreams before visiting this site.

#15:  Author: Lucid_Sockhat PostPosted: Mon 30 Jun, 2008
    ----
I was eight years old.

I had a dream about being at a crowded picnic.

And just as clearly and suddenly as any thought, I realized I was dreaming. It wasn't shocking, it wasn't breathtaking.

It was just a clear and confident feeling of awareness. I casually went around telling my dream characters I knew I was dreaming. They reacted the way most people do when a child has something to say that it's proud of.

After that, I randomly LD'd but I didn't know what it was called.

Finally, Stephen LaBerge was in the national news introducing the world to his pioneering of lucid dreaming and his Lucidity Institute.

I took it and ran with it. My mother hated it (as she hates mostly everything) but I didn't care.

It was a real turning point in my fascination with dreams and I've never really quite gotten back to that saturation of interest, that openness to what the LD field promises... much the way we never recapture the sparkle of a first love, or rediscover the wonder of a fairytale when reading it the second time.

#16:  Author: TheR PostPosted: Sun 06 Jul, 2008
    ----
its weird because i always tried techniquees

but all my lds came randomly..on days i least suspected it..

#17:  Author: Jdeadevil PostPosted: Mon 21 Jul, 2008
    ----
Same as TheR, they just came randomly. Hoping getting them randomly would make me have them more often untill I have them every few days or something.

I just basically ate the right foods and drank the right drinks and spoke to someone about the complicated methods to fill my head with knowledge and/or awareness.

#18:  Author: BlueAndWhite PostPosted: Tue 29 Jul, 2008
    ----
I first learnt about lucid dreaming some time last year. i was on a random site, full of topics for school. [eg. maths english] and was doing some revision on maths.

But on the subject list i saw psychology and clicked it [as i had a budding interest in it and planned to take a GCSE in it] and there were many catagories, one called 'dream patterns and the brain'. i had always been intrigued by my dreams, and gifted to ba able to recall them, so i clicked that, and another few catagories came up. one called 'lucid dreaming' [which i had never heard of before] and of course it explained it was being able to control what you dream. well i was shocked and extatic at that.

So for the next few weeks i searched for LD material, learnt all the techniques and was constantly reading anything i could find about it. [however i never found this site. i found this site a few days ago .] so yep, thats how i got into LDing.

I sort of gave up for a while cause i wasnt doing the techniques properly but in the end i took it back up after having a random DILD i few months ago sleeping round a friends.

After that i stumbled across this site, and i must say, it really is amazing and so far, after 4 days of joining LD4all i have had 2 LDs grin

#19:  Author: xxx4321345443 PostPosted: Tue 29 Jul, 2008
    ----
The first months that I tried Lucid dreaming the Lucid dreams came at random and not as a part of the techniques I was practicing. MILD seamt like a very uncertain and slow techniqe, therefore I went for WILD instead, thinking that it seamt realy cool with its hallucinogen effects and instant high quality lucid dreams.
After months of failure, I decided that WILD was way to hard and that I shoudl try MILD for real. Because the few MILD tries that I had already done was a bit lame, like my view on the techniqe. When I finaly did all the things that was recomended I had 3 Lucid Dreams in a row during the following nights that I repeted the MILD:
Whriting down the dreams, doing WBTB after 6 hour sleep staying up for an hour, thinking alot of lucid dreams and realy whant to have them during this time, when repeating mantra realy put weight on the words, trying to emphasise them.
Alot of this is individual I guess, but the thing that goes for everyone is to realy try to do MILD for a while with alot of dedication and confidence before moving on to other techniqes. Do not be instantly fooled by the seductive but treacherous WILD.

#20:  Author: BlueAndWhite PostPosted: Tue 29 Jul, 2008
    ----
Hmm, sounds so true stinky_alex. WILD is dead hard, and i have had many failed appempts. i guess you have to be experienced enough. plus some people get dead scared when doing WILD, so it doesnt really work for them. i suggest though, whatever technique you use, to use it in conjunction with WBTB, which is by far the best technique.

#21:  Author: Ebil_Score PostPosted: Tue 29 Jul, 2008
    ----
If I trim most words out of that post,
BlueAndWhite wrote:
...stinky...dead...failed...dead scared

I think it's hard to find a post with more negative adjectives anywhere tounge1

I started trying to LD when I found that it said "Learn to Lucid Dream" in one of the "fortune cookies" you find while playing S.O.U.L.F.U.
Naturally curious, I googled it and came across Wikipedia and this site!

Since then, I've only had 2 LDs, and my first one was very short.

#22:  Author: BlueAndWhite PostPosted: Wed 30 Jul, 2008
    ----
S.O.U.L.F.U. Being?

Haha. when you put it that way..

You have alot of time on your hands to realise that .. Lol. Your first ones are allways really short. its sh1t but its life =/

#23:  Author: Lord of Felines PostPosted: Wed 30 Jul, 2008
    ----
My first lucid dream was a long time ago. i just had the gift for them i guess, they happened within short time periods from eachother. It just kinda happened, lol, as in i was dreaming, and then i just suddenly realized i was dreaming, no clues, nothing. i just realized it. but now i want to be able to dwelve within jucid dreams on my own, when i want to. so i searched around and recently found this amazing site, and now i have more methods to work with.

#24:  Author: The Moon Man PostPosted: Thu 04 Sep, 2008
    ----
I sort of have lucid dreams as soon as i have a dream clear enough...i have them sometimes...not so often,as far as i remember,i'd estimate 1 or 2 every year...>.<
But now i will try to accomplish them.I wouldn't say it's hard,because i did them by accident:P
Well...i didn't quite succed on my first try(night of september 3rd 2008)but i will try today too:DAnd i will start a journal.

#25:  Author: relV PostPosted: Sun 05 Oct, 2008
    ----
About 10 years ago, I started having lucid dreams, at first they were DILD s, in the beginning initiated from a very scary situation until I said, hey, this cant be real, I must be dreaming, then, I fought the monsters with ease and very much enjoyed it, after some time of LDing, every night I wanted to had a LD I just decided to have one before I went to bed and I did, at this point, I would begin the dream lucid, as if I was transitioning from this place to the dream world as I fell asleep. It went on for many years until maybe 2-3 years when I was about 17, then I started destroying my consciousness by use of various substances. I completely forgot about lucid dreaming for a total of about 2-3 years until some 2-3 months ago, I saw a show on a guy who has precognitive lucid dreams, then I got back to it, I started meditating daily, at first I did not really remember how I induced LDs but after a week or so I got my first one after a long time, it was really nice and cheerful, lasted about 5-10 minutes, I had very limited control as I was barely able to fly and in general to control the surroundings.
I got into a habit and starting having them more and more often, after 2-3 weeks I was back at full power and having at least one LD per night, until about a month ago I wasnt aware of the many communities of lucid dreamers. I love LD4all!

#26:  Author: Irene Caffeine PostPosted: Wed 08 Oct, 2008
    ----
My brother and I were always very interested in dreams growing up, and I first learned to LD by simply researching it, and keeping a dream journal. It took a little while, but the LD's came eventually. tounge2

It's been a while since I was very into lucid dreaming, and I've kind of 'lost my touch', I suppose. Now, though, I'm re-motivated, and hopefully this site will be one of the things that helps me LD this time around. :D

#27:  Author: todzak PostPosted: Sat 13 Dec, 2008
    ----
i first learned about lucid dreaming when i was a sophmore in high school and i got a book on dreaming from the local library. it had a small chapter about lucid dreaming and how some people used it to conduct expirements on the dream world. then i got some more books on lucid dreaming specifically and eventually had my first lucid dream by doing a RC.

#28:  Author: Ghosteh PostPosted: Mon 15 Dec, 2008
    ----
I first learnt about LD's from a carton of file-milk (or whatever its called tounge2 )

#29:  Author: Half Jack PostPosted: Tue 16 Dec, 2008
    ----
I learnt about LD's about two years ago, when I read an article about it in a Dutch fantasy magazine. I didn't pay much attention to it, till about one year ago, when I really got into lucid dreaming. : )

#30:  Author: Tomothy PostPosted: Tue 16 Dec, 2008
    ----
Learnt about LDing from a website and tried RCing for a little while before losing patience. Started again a year later and had my first lucid dream, induced by the realisation that I was waking up from a dream. Since then I have almost completely given up RCing and focused my efforts on Lucid Living.

I have had four DILD's in the last month and several more dreams where I realised I was dreaming but woke up immediately. None of these came as a result of RCing and I don't really bother with MILD or WBTB, though I'm sure these wouldn't hurt.

#31:  Author: zora_kid PostPosted: Thu 01 Jan, 2009
    ----
i dont know about my first LD, it was strange i just knew i was in a dream. there was nothing out of the ordinary even happening. whatsthat

#32:  Author: Download PostPosted: Fri 02 Jan, 2009
    ----
Waterbender0321 wrote:
i dont know about my first LD, it was strange i just knew i was in a dream. there was nothing out of the ordinary even happening. whatsthat

Exactly the same here... I was eight years old at the time... I just thought, "This is going to be a nightmare!"
After that, I looked up LDs, and found RCs... since then, I've been climbing LD-wise! I had like... 5 just last month!

#33:  Author: The Rev PostPosted: Fri 02 Jan, 2009
    ----
I don't remember where I first heard about the LD phenomenon, but when I got interested enough to learn about it, I read Stephen LeBerge's book, and followed his instructions (Dream Journal, reality checks, etc.) and they worked quite well. I was having LDs fairly quickly (within 3-6 months, I would guess).

At first, I had these "OMG!" moments where I realized I was dreaming by checking a digital clock or whatever. After awhile though, I became lucid more or less automatically.

#34:  Author: Rayyn PostPosted: Tue 06 Jan, 2009
    ----
I'm new to this site, but relatively, not new to LD.

I remember having them ever since i was little. It'd usually be because someone was chasing me and i'd fly up into the air. And i'd realise, it's a dream!, and i'd force myself to wake up. Lol, i had no idea back then, that i could change the dream. I just knew that since it was a dream, i could get out of it.

And i'd have them every now and then. But i'd like to learn how to induce them. lol.

#35:  Author: TheDogDays PostPosted: Sat 10 Jan, 2009
    ----
Been lucid dreaming as long as I can remember... before I even knew what they were called. I don't remember my first LD, but I remember my first flying dream, and the two probably happened around each other sometime, because now I use flying as a dream sign.

#36:  Author: Entheoman PostPosted: Wed 21 Jan, 2009
    ----
I had LDs for years, but rarely until I read a castaneda book "the art of dreaming". After that, I started recording my dreams every morning on a digital voice recorder (They are awesome for this...) and ever since, I have had about 10 in the last 3 months. Very cool.

#37:  Author: Entheoman PostPosted: Wed 21 Jan, 2009
    ----
Theres a book called "creative dreaming" that as a beginner I found awesome as well. Lays out all the basics.

#38:  Author: isandur PostPosted: Wed 21 Jan, 2009
    ----
Me too I found about it in Castaneda's books but I didnt knew it was called Lding, later on I found out from the internet.

#39:  Author: sykcase PostPosted: Wed 21 Jan, 2009
    ----
Hah, I learned from this site believe it or not.
Learned the techniques but didn't use them much, let it come naturally.
I'm sure I have had many LD before I knew of the term tho wink

#40:  Author: thebotanist PostPosted: Fri 23 Jan, 2009
    ----
me and my friends found out about these supplements that would help us sleep better i did some research and found out about lucid dreaming
from then on i've been recording my dreams and going/triing to lucid

#41:  Author: CheeseBitsss PostPosted: Fri 13 Feb, 2009
    ----
I already had LDs before I knew about them...but I had to develop a few strategies before I could have loads more.

#42:  Author: Vegetableman PostPosted: Wed 25 Feb, 2009
    ----
Before the internet had much to say about Lucid dreaming I read Castaneda's the art of dreaming. I'm glad i found a site that somewhat validates what I have been trying to do and understand. If you haven't done it keep trying its attainable.

#43:  Author: pixie PostPosted: Sat 30 May, 2009
    ----
This fella I know years ago used to visit me by doing it. It made me research the whole thing and I started doing it and after a week, I pulled it off. Been doing them for 10 years now.

#44:  Author: Wild Night PostPosted: Tue 21 Jul, 2009
    ----
I had them naturally, but very rarely as a kid. When I was about 12 I did some research and discovered the MILD technique. I didn't really put much into it at first, and as a result didn't get any dreams. Now I keep a dream journal and use mild and wild.

#45:  Author: ZRVera PostPosted: Sat 25 Jul, 2009
    ----
I had a few more when I was little, and they came about from randomly realizing in the dream, "Oh, I'm dreaming!" I may have known about LDing in general before I had them; I can't remember. Most or all of them have been low-level, since I'd try something lucidly then I'd slip out of it as I let things unfold on their own. I recall several times that I'd try to fly, and either I couldn't get very high, or I'd run into a ceiling. (I found myself in my basement in the dream once.) My last low-level lucidity dreams were mostly creepy dreams in which I said, "At least this is only a dream, since I won't have to worry about this in reality." I had more when I kept my dream journal for a while, but I got lazy after a while, so last night I started it again in hopes of getting more. ^^

#46:  Author: Vampirism45 PostPosted: Fri 31 Jul, 2009
    ----
I learned how to LD by reading the Lucid Dreaming wikibook by R3mot ^^ . At first, I tried MILD for a few months, without success, and then WILD, which I still haven't had any luck with. My first LD simply happened. One night I decided that I simply couldn't LD and gave it up on the induction techniques. Surprisingly, I had my first LD that night. It seems that I have a better chance of having a lucid dream without induction techniques. eh

#47:  Author: marcher22 PostPosted: Fri 31 Jul, 2009
    ----
I learned to Lucid Dream from the dreamviews forum. The method I used was WBTB, ( I kept falling asleep and waking up)

#48:  Author: susuru PostPosted: Sun 23 Aug, 2009
    ----
I still don't know what exactly they are, that's why I'm here. smile

#49:  Author: Adderad PostPosted: Mon 26 Oct, 2009
    ----
I havent.. cry..

yet ^^

#50:  Author: tosxyChor PostPosted: Mon 26 Oct, 2009
    ----
I can't believe I haven't posted in this topic before! Owell here it goes:
I first visited sites over sites in search for techs and advice, then i stumbled into EWLD, and it was love at first sight ^^ read it in a jiffy, and that's pretty much what got me started. To this day, i still look for new techs/pointviews to improve my LD ability.

#51:  Author: Ayrecca PostPosted: Sat 07 Nov, 2009
    ----
I never really "learned it"; It has just happened at some moments. Not actually sure how, but my dreams would become clearer than normal (so darn clear I had trouble distinguishing them from reality), and then I'd pinch myself to see if I was dreaming or not -- and voila! I knew I was dreaming, and freedom had been acheived. Awesomeness ensued.

#52:  Author: piggyrun13 PostPosted: Mon 07 Dec, 2009
    ----
Uhm yea I never learned. I was a natural thats all. Been doing it since I was 8, thought everyone else did the same thing. then my friend comes up to me and asks me if I know im dreaming when I dream and thats when I relized what it was called and not everyone did it. So now I am researching and practicing to make my Lucid Dreams better and to expierence them. So far I had Ice Cream, Mermaid, School, Baseball famouse, Books, Inks, School Bus, Lost, Funeral, party, whales, saving sister from ocean by my sisters pellow. Haha thats my favoritee!!! I saved her when we were on whales being chased by sharks and then We came to shore but she was no where to be found so I saw my sis pellow and stepped on her and saved her! lol

#53:  Author: FabledHero PostPosted: Tue 12 Jan, 2010
    ----
I think my first LD was WBTB. Hard to rememebr though because i've been LD'ing on and off for 3 years. I found out about LDing because I was interested in my subconscious mind. Once I started creating a dream journal my dream recall and ability to LD improved significantly. I've found that if I set my mind to LD'ing I can get one about every other day. I just have to keep the intention in mind throughout the day that I want to be aware that i'm dreaming. That and having good dream recall.

#54:  Author: d3struct PostPosted: Wed 13 Jan, 2010
    ----
i learned it by

stumblin on this LD forum
read the explanations

1. rememberd i could sometime control ma dreams
2. read the errors and problems of most
3. attemptd to LD by meditating
4. i was LD'
5. id wake up when i want , stood awake ran jumped to fully be awake

6. tried to ld again same method
7. reachd success

8. conclusion - i was to ld at will
9. created ma own method MI WILD (meditation induced wild)
credits of the name are not mine lol

now i have fun lol

#55:  Author: thebotanist PostPosted: Fri 15 Jan, 2010
    ----
about two I stumbled upon LD when my friend told me about some pills that would help me sleep better i did some research and,being google friendly, found out about fredrick van eden and all his stuff and since then I've been recording my dreams triing to find better ways to LD cry help! help! cry

#56: Nightmares and dream journal, I guess Author: Kansine PostPosted: Fri 15 Jan, 2010
    ----
I don't know, actually... I just started to see them now and then as a child, and during the years I've had more and more of them eek2
But I guess one really important thing is, that I have written down my dreams since... like always. Not every single dream, but every even a little bit interesting dream. There has been times when I've been too lazy to write my dreams down, and then I've seen much less LD:s, so I guess, having LD:s is strongly related to keeping a dream journal, at least for me!
And like some others here, I've learned a lot about LD:s in my nightmares, where I really need to do some extraordinary tricks to avoid creepy dangers...

#57:  Author: lucid-wolf PostPosted: Wed 20 Jan, 2010
    ----
One night I had a natural LD without knowing anything about them, when i woke up I had absolutly no idea what had happened. I eventually had more and more so I told my friends and one of them had heard about LDs and explained what was happening and how to prolong them, he was a little angry as he had been trying to have them for a while unsuccesfully and I had had them accidentily. I started googling it myself and found this forum wich has been amazingly helpfully.

#58:  Author: MindCavern PostPosted: Wed 20 Jan, 2010
    ----
As I child, I would occasionally become conscious that I was dreaming, but I didn't know what to do with that knowledge except wake myself up from nightmares. A year ago, I heard someone mention "lucid dreaming" in my physics class and looked it up online. It opened up new horizons as I learned it was possible to control my dreams and interact with my subconscious.

#59:  Author: Adderad PostPosted: Mon 15 Feb, 2010
    ----
The day before my birthday, i read about it, and got very facinated.
Joined here 2 days after, read alot about it, i loved it, and i made a DJ.
Then i got my first LD, was blurry.
Now 2 days ago i got my first real, clear LD, was awesome.

#60:  Author: Leeh PostPosted: Mon 15 Feb, 2010
    ----
Adderad wrote:
The day before my birthday, i read about it, and got very facinated.
Joined here 2 days after, read alot about it, i loved it, and i made a DJ.

That means... we have the same birthday. woo
LOL, abit off topic,
Well~

One of my [best] teachers , told me about LDs,
Forgot about that because I thought it was too much trouble,
Found out about it again after some time, again, forgot, too much trouble,
Than that summer I started working for a show, which I suggested that will be on dreams,
I got deep into the topic, the LD thing got back, again,
I started my DJ, and started researching and reading like crazy.
After around 24 days of journaling, finally, I had my first LD, at the 28th of September.

Now, here I am, after about five months and 26 LDs, and much much more to come. smile

#61:  Author: 219346656783921 PostPosted: Sun 21 Feb, 2010
    ----
I first saw the phrase "Lucid dreaming" on an article that came up on StumbleUpon a few days after I got my own internet access, in the summer of 2006. It talked mainly about how to have a "thousand-year dream" and had to do with some kind of zen, and I didn't think it was for me. I was still curious about dream control though, so a day or so later I googled the phrase and found this forum. smile
I followed the guides, and after 20 days of dream recall, I got my first lucid dream! I kept going for a few months, but wasn't getting LD's or successes as much as I wanted, so I dropped it for two years. Then in 2009 I committed to try for LD's the whole year, and got tons of practice.

#62:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Sun 21 Feb, 2010
    ----
It was back when I was editor-in-chief of my high school newspaper. One of the staffers had an idea of running an article on LD's. I had no idea what it was and they explained it to me. Several months and many long nights later I had my first lucid fragment. Then I discovered this place and it's all been downhill since.

#63:  Author: Chilla PostPosted: Sun 21 Feb, 2010
    ----
I haven't really learned to LD. I just randomly have an LD sometimes.
I used to dream alot when I was younger, mostly nightmares or random dreams.
Eventually when I got a little older, I realized that I was dreaming, but the dream would end when I did that.
Later on I started to be more aware that I was dreaming and that's when I also realized that I could control myself for the first time! When I was younger I could never control myself in a dream, I would just walk around, do random things, but now I can even fly if I'm lucky!

#64:  Author: Freduboy PostPosted: Thu 25 Mar, 2010
    ----
I havent LDd yet but I learned about it on a Swedish forum.

#65:  Author: encrypt PostPosted: Fri 16 Apr, 2010
    ----
Been searching for lucid dreaming in google and I found it... a lot of informations right here! Great!

#66:  Author: KauaiDreamer PostPosted: Fri 18 Jun, 2010
    ----
I used to LD as a child, but did not know that it was not normal; as I got older I lost the ability. Then while traveling through India in my wandering days I stumbled upon Castaneda's book and tried seeing my hands in my dream. It worked on first try, but I was not really into it at that time, so I forgot about it again, until a good friend of mine approached me one evening and asked me if I knew what lucid dreaming was. I guess it was the right time for me now to really get back into it. I had my first LD since India about a couple of weeks after our conversation. My friend was in my dream and his presence triggered it, and the second LD as well.

#67:  Author: lartista PostPosted: Fri 18 Jun, 2010
    ----
Actually, I didn't try to learn how to do it!
I remember when I was 10, I had this crazy dream, and at the end I said "Done, now I need to wake up!"
And lately I've been reading a lot about LD, and guess what?
I'm a natural lucid dreamer :D

#68:  Author: Winter Haze PostPosted: Thu 08 Jul, 2010
    ----
I learned to do it on my own.
I still haven' t read anything on how to do it as i guess I am a bit superstitious and don't want anything to block or change the way I have been progressing with it. I know it probably sounds crazy or dumb. I want to have a better hold of it though before I read on to take it even farther.

I guess it started with being really interested in my dreams. They were usually great but sometimes they were too 'dark' and i couldn't get out of them so i would tell myself before bed that I needed to realize that in my dreams that it's just a dream. That didn't pay off until like a year later.

#69:  Author: Rabid Eskimo PostPosted: Fri 09 Jul, 2010
    ----
for fun one day, i was researching sleep patterns and the dream process (yes i'm a nerd tounge2) and i stumbled upon lucid dreaming. I was curious to see how it all worked, and managed to come to this fantastic site.

#70:  Author: Whothar PostPosted: Fri 09 Jul, 2010
    ----
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forums. Anyway, I learned to lucid dream (first one last night!) from listening to binaural beats for about a week, every night as I went to sleep. I read the blog at Rhythmheal (link <mod>removed</mod>) and decided to try it out as well. Binaural beats worked really well!

<mod>Link removed due to spam guidelines. dragon</mod>

#71:  Author: jkup PostPosted: Thu 15 Jul, 2010
    ----
I learned from this site and Carlos Castaneda

#72:  Author: Mr.Stevo PostPosted: Sat 24 Jul, 2010
    ----
My first lucid dream I guess wasnt technically lucid. I woke up in my dream to some startling things and as i closed my eyes to go back to sleep (still in my dream) my sister was sitting on my bed next to me. I immediately began lucid dreaming because i skipped all the stages before REM since i was actually still asleep. I remember telling my sister exactly what i was seeing as i was seeing it and then jumped off a balcony into a huge chasm with absolutely no fear of death. After this i forgot that i was dreaming and just became part of the dream again.

#73:  Author: DreamGirl19 PostPosted: Sun 25 Jul, 2010
    ----
How I learned... I didn't learn. I had it since I was 3, and had it ever since. (im 16) I don't know how I got it, but everynight I have lucid dreams so it comes naturally to me. Everynight im either have two modes: A adventure dream ( I do have control, but sometimes I dont. It depends what adventure im doing.) or a dream- life dream, ( It would be my life inside that world,and I can control that) I just realized what I have cause I found it on google. Now I want to learn more about my other world. smile

#74:  Author: ecrando PostPosted: Wed 18 Aug, 2010
    ----
My first LD was probably caused by me reading so much about lucid dreams on this site that it made it's way into my SC. So yeah, I learned to LD from this site. ^^

#75:  Author: Lefty97 PostPosted: Tue 21 Sep, 2010
    ----
I read about it in the lifestyle and hobbies section of facepunch :D there was a thread about it, with a link to this site.

#76:  Author: Quiesco PostPosted: Tue 21 Sep, 2010
    ----
I've a few memories of lucid dreaming as a child. I always got way to excited, and woke up very quickly. I just recently found this site, and joined as fast as I could. I haven't included these to my LD count because I'm using it to see my progress as I go along.

#77:  Author: koawkoawkda PostPosted: Fri 24 Sep, 2010
    ----
Well my body just wanned to ld lol, then i learned more about ld and learn how to rcs and stuff.

#78:  Author: W1cker PostPosted: Fri 24 Sep, 2010
    ----
My brother told me something about controlling own dreams and I felt like testing it
now when I have tested I can't stop because it is so fun smile

#79:  Author: Smooker PostPosted: Fri 24 Sep, 2010
    ----
Reading books helped me a lot , then I started doing RC ,and keeping a dream journal was very helpfull too.

#80:  Author: avizdreamin PostPosted: Sun 07 Nov, 2010
    ----
my story is kind of weird...a friend of mine told me about lucid dreaming and it dint really intrigue me then...after around a year or so, i tried that movie which he had recommended, 'a waking life', and everything else just followed as if it was meant to be...

for me, that movie was life changing...it added a fresh new perspective on the subjective nature of reality...

#81:  Author: BeRightBack PostPosted: Wed 17 Nov, 2010
    ----
I read about it on another forum that referred to this website. So I read the guide on here and started reading forum and doing RC's.

#82:  Author: dB_FTS PostPosted: Fri 26 Nov, 2010
    ----
hi all, i had my first LD few months ago... for some time i stopped practicing LD's, but now im back smile. To have first lucid dream i was doing RC, keep DJ what am still doing...
So I was doing DILD tec. and it's a very good start i think, and I will try to combine DILD with MILD. It should give a good result. If someone have some advice pls post it.

sorry about english... im from Europe, small country called Croatia...

#83:  Author: Blargh776 PostPosted: Tue 30 Nov, 2010
    ----
by going on this forum!

#84:  Author: Dragonmind PostPosted: Thu 02 Dec, 2010
    ----
It's kind of the core of my family. My uncle Stark-and he didn't dissapoint the name- had so many books, articles, notes, and even documentaries for the family that's down the line to use. In fact, my mom especially gets down with the dreams. That's another long story though...too long and complicated. Good thing I like complicated.

#85: discovering it Author: Railking PostPosted: Sat 18 Dec, 2010
    ----
i found out about lucid dreaming on a show called American Dad (a pretty common show). they basicly had half an episode about it. they tricked th kid who trained himself to have lucid dreams to think he was having one in real life. long story short he thought he would be able to fly and jumped out a window. he lived so its alright.

#86: Re: discovering it Author: AnonymousZ PostPosted: Wed 29 Dec, 2010
    ----
railking wrote:
i found out about lucid dreaming on a show called American Dad (a pretty common show). they basicly had half an episode about it. they tricked th kid who trained himself to have lucid dreams to think he was having one in real life. long story short he thought he would be able to fly and jumped out a window. he lived so its alright.

Haha, I saw that episode a few weeks back.

I found out about lucid dreaming from a forum, but I still haven't had an LD yet :\

#87:  Author: CaptainBee PostPosted: Sat 05 Feb, 2011
    ----
My first lucid dream was during a free-falling dream that had kept repeating itself quite a few times before, and I had read an article about how if you stayed in your dream before you hit the ground, you wouldn't die or anything hurtful, so I became lucid and what do you know, I didn't die c:

#88:  Author: Shinice PostPosted: Sun 06 Mar, 2011
    ----
I did not learn to get it. Something trigers it to happen every night without effort.
Side effect: Weariness every morning

#89:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Sun 06 Mar, 2011
    ----
Shinice wrote:
I did not learn to get it. Something trigers it to happen every night without effort.
Side effect: Weariness every morning

I don't think the tiredness is from LD's. I know whenever I have LD's I'm just as rested as any other night. The fact is your mind and body are still at rest. Even though you are aware you are not awake. Perhaps the LD's are a side effect of whatever makes you tired?

#90:  Author: BIGsteve PostPosted: Mon 07 Mar, 2011
    ----
I was able to at a young age and i used it to deal with my night mares including a long lasting reacurring one which bothered me a good few years. Then after that i was experimenting with dreams and music through age 13-15. Then i tried internet search's and i couldnt find much untill i was 17 then i found this site and my dreams have increased dramatically. i would say i lucid dream twice a week now.

#91:  Author: Shinice PostPosted: Tue 08 Mar, 2011
    ----
The problem is only my body is at rest during Lucid, my mind is not. Felt like..my mind is somewhere else at night. Anyway..I just don't get it. Is it really that hard to lucid for you all?
One thing I know for sure is, the reason why I Lucid so easily is why I'm so tired..just don't know why or whats causing it.

#92:  Author: allenthelero PostPosted: Tue 15 Mar, 2011
    ----
I wrote down every single one of my dreams as well. I was scared of "Old Hag" at first but once I got over that I had and LD the day the North American clocks rolled back an hour, which was an extra hour of REM. Ever since I've just recorded everything. I also recently exited a dry spell with 3 LDs in 3 weeks.

#93:  Author: Dream Wizard PostPosted: Fri 18 Mar, 2011
    ----
I learned by keeping a Dream Journal and learning how to meditate and clear my mind with ease so doing that it made the WILD technique so much easier and pretty much works every night

#94:  Author: Lavorther PostPosted: Mon 28 Mar, 2011
    ----
I learned about LD`ing from a good friend of me. He thought i would find it interesting. Now we share our dreams and we motivate each other. A few days ago i talked to him and he said he was stopped to Lucid Dream. I told him it was amazing and he needed to start again. The next day he told me he have had 5 LD`s in his last hour of sleep. He told me all 5. They were amazing!

#95:  Author: genjac88 PostPosted: Tue 05 Apr, 2011
    ----
The first lucid dream i ever had was when i gave up

#96:  Author: Rhewin PostPosted: Tue 05 Apr, 2011
    ----
genjac88 wrote:
The first lucid dream i ever had was when i gave up

Yep, sometimes taking a little break can make the difference. Getting rid of the added stress of thinking "I WANT AN LD" every night can really help.

#97:  Author: JJdreamer PostPosted: Mon 18 Apr, 2011
    ----
when I was in probably 5th grade, an author came to our school that wrote books about dreaming or something, and at the end, she was like "if you buy my book, I'll show you how to control your dreams, and know you're dreaming."

I didn't buy the book, but I walked out of the room with my young mind reeling. Controlling your dreams? unbelievable, amazing.

I didn't do any research on it until about 3 years later, when I actually learned what it was called. Lucid Dreaming. I then did EXTENSIVE research on it, and when searching for how to achieve this state, I found LD4all, and have been LD-ing ever since smile

THE END ^^

#98:  Author: WordOf PostPosted: Tue 19 Apr, 2011
    ----
I've been having a recurring nightmare for a few years. It wasn't at all very scary and didn't even occur all that often (say, once a week, give or take), but it was annoying enough. It wasn't even original, very orthodox. Basically the dream went of spinning in predictable pattern, i knew what it was going towards. Often, it'd involve a narrow road on steep cliffs and a speeding car in which i'm the passenger. The turns would be more and more dangerous,speed ever faster, until, inevitably, we'd be thrown off the road into the abyss below. Falling sensation and end as i was about to hit the ground. As i said, very run of the mill.
Then one day, a good two years ago, for no discernible reason, i simply refused to hit the ground. I was falling toward it, a big sheet of dark pine forest, when around 20 meters above it i said "no", spread my arms and just stayed there, levitating.

Since that night i haven't had a nightmare. Though many dreams may spin in dark corners, the knowledge that i can stop or change it whenever i want, prevents them from being scary.
I also generally know that i'm dreaming, whenever i'm dreaming. I rarely willingly change anything in them. Since that seems to be part of the definition of LD, i'm not actually sure whether they are LDs. Is the knowledge of it being a dream, when i'm inside it enough, or does it have to be intentionally changed. whatsthat

#99:  Author: snowleopard PostPosted: Tue 19 Apr, 2011
    ----
i got mine just from reading the forums, crazy enough. you see, i was going to start up on LDing, i got a dream jornal,symbol decoder, and a new pen. but i stopped a week afterward cause i was reallly busy, and had about 3 dreams written inside my dream jornal. i decided that before summer break, i would absorb as much information as possible, write it down, so when summer vacation hit, i would know everything that i needed to know. but, while i was writing down this information, i had two LDs withought even trying! both were done using the hand to finger method. im amazed and happy that my success is going on so early in my slightest attempt so yeah, i got mine from taking in as much LD info as possible.

#100:  Author: Jackbrew PostPosted: Tue 19 Apr, 2011
    ----
I first heard about it on an image board, somebody was asking if it actually worked for anyone as it hadn't for them. There was a direct link to this site and I've been surfing it maybe once a week from then on.

I was very lucky in having 2 lucid dreams on the second night since first discovering lucid dreaming. I had been doing the RC where you cover your nose while your mouth is closed and try to breathe, about 50 times a day over those first 2 days. Then at the end of the second day, i had 2 MILD's. grin

This is the only technique i have used and it seems to work well as long as you do it often enough.

#101: How did I learn to LD? Author: Kandismon PostPosted: Wed 25 May, 2011
    ----
I once saw an Wikipedia-article about "Nightmare on Elmstreet" and in that movie, the kids managed to kill Freddy with the help of lucid dreams/they killed him in their dreams. That led me to the lucid dreaming article and to this site.

Since that, I've prefered the MILD technique and was succesful, just once but I was ^^ I also use the RC where you try to breath through your nose while you're covering it with your hands and I always count my fingers.

Have sweet dreams tonight c:
Sincerly, Kandismon.

#102:  Author: Limitles PostPosted: Thu 14 Jul, 2011
    ----
i learned by many videos on youtube. Especially ones by ReeceJones i think it is... When i first learned about lucid dreaming that night i was so scared of going into SP hahah. I got kinda lucky on my first lucid dream smile After only 2 days of researching things on LD, i got my first one and it was LONG!!! That was also my 2nd dream ever recorded grin Heres how i was lucky-- it was a crazy night. SOOOO in the middle of the night--- i had my phone in my lap and it fell off my bed when i was asleep which woke me up and i remembered and wrote down my first dream!!!! I was so excited when i was writing it down. Little did i know the pen was out of ink and nothing was written down. This time though basically served as a WBTB. When i went back to sleep i had my first LD which was very long and i had GREAT control. I woke up in the morning to find that my other dream was never written down and i forgot it. But i wrote my LD and then later in the day i remembered my original dream lachtraan That really got me staretd on lucid dreaming grin

#103:  Author: Aliz PostPosted: Wed 20 Jul, 2011
    ----
I've heard of it before but I didn't know you could train to do it, I thought that it just "happened". But now that I saw this website and some Google search about I became very excited, and yesterday I had my first lucid dream and it was amazing!

#104:  Author: Pudding PostPosted: Thu 21 Jul, 2011
    ----
i first started lucid dreaming just because im a very curious person and when a friend told me about it i just had to try it. It took about 5 months i think to get my first one, and i've only had a few, but im working on it!

#105:  Author: Obsession PostPosted: Fri 22 Jul, 2011
    ----
On this site, and because i was so exiting to lurn this stuff!!

#106:  Author: CrazyDreamer PostPosted: Fri 22 Jul, 2011
    ----
I learned LD with this site. I always use RC's.

#107:  Author: Blucid PostPosted: Sat 13 Aug, 2011
    ----
I have learned LD at about the age of 16 (Yeah very old).
My friend was trying to achieve one and he told me about what a LD is so I thought that I could attempt for it as well.
My first LD was induced with DILD by the help of just doing RC and paying attention while I do it all day and every day.
The first LD lasted for something like 15-30 seconds and it faded really quick since my heart kept on pounding tounge2
Today I am trying to return to this world since I have neglected it for the god knows what time. I use mostly auto-suggestions MILD and WILD.
Back in the days I was constantly LDing (At least 1 LD a night in average) I was LL, autosuggestion and MILD in the weekends. Only if I woke sporadically at night I would attempt a WILD/VILD.
tounge2

#108:  Author: shikari_rock PostPosted: Wed 17 Aug, 2011
    ----
Both of my dreams happened when I went to sleep early and wasn't really tired. I rolled around for an hour or two, then I give up and go take a drink because my mouth usually dries out very fast, maybe even take a leak, then I laid back down, and fell asleep and woke up probably 5-10 times during the night. The last period of my "irregular" sleep is the one where I become aware and lucid. Then I wake up and get out of bed. It's weird.
I should add, I never used RC.

I tried WBTB, WILD, but accidental DILD is the only thing that seems to work...

Also my first lucid dream was on August 7th, the second was on August 17th. I have no idea how many lucid dreams per year you guys have, but 2 in a month, is this good or bad for a starter? (I'm not a "natural" either)

#109:  Author: Amythest444 PostPosted: Sun 04 Sep, 2011
    ----
Well, when I finally found out what a lucid dream was, and what it can do, (this was 1 year ago) I searched it up, and saw a bunch of reality checks. So I often did the hand checking one. Eventually, I did a hand reality check in my dreams, and so, that's how I learned to lucid dream smile

One day, I wanted to know how to lucid dream at will. (the day I joined) So I searched up "How To Lucid Dream At Will" and I got the WILD method. After researching and researching, this one person on yahoo answers told me to go on Ld4all.com. And so I joined! And I learned more about other techniques I am currently using smile

#110:  Author: Amythest444 PostPosted: Sun 04 Sep, 2011
    ----
shikari_rock wrote:
Both of my dreams happened when I went to sleep early and wasn't really tired. I rolled around for an hour or two, then I give up and go take a drink because my mouth usually dries out very fast, maybe even take a leak, then I laid back down, and fell asleep and woke up probably 5-10 times during the night. The last period of my "irregular" sleep is the one where I become aware and lucid. Then I wake up and get out of bed. It's weird.
I should add, I never used RC.

I tried WBTB, WILD, but accidental DILD is the only thing that seems to work...

Also my first lucid dream was on August 7th, the second was on August 17th. I have no idea how many lucid dreams per year you guys have, but 2 in a month, is this good or bad for a starter? (I'm not a "natural" either)

0.0 It's pretty good for a starter, I mean, as a starter, my first lucid dreams were only like 1 each four months.

#111:  Author: dreamdude2012 PostPosted: Sat 01 Oct, 2011
    ----
Hi Before I started looking into LD's i may have had 2 or 3 years apart. But since Ive been studying reality and obe and ld ive had say 3 in the last year. Im now training myself with the RC to try and make them more regular

#112:  Author: eleggua PostPosted: Sat 01 Oct, 2011
    ----
I learned about LD from Castaneda's books. I was trying to look at hands for about a month, then had a LD. I wish I had known about other methods, not only about this one. Then I could learn to LD much faster. sadblauw

#113:  Author: optimize PostPosted: Sat 01 Oct, 2011
    ----
Blucid wrote:
I have learned LD at about the age of 16 (Yeah very old).

Why do you think thats old? Just look at it like this: you have about 60 more years to master LD'ing. tounge2

I learned about LDing when i was searching something about dreaming and ended up at this website.

#114:  Author: miguelsoul PostPosted: Fri 28 Oct, 2011
    ----
DEILD

#115:  Author: HalfBloodPrincess PostPosted: Fri 04 Nov, 2011
    ----
I was looking up stuff on preventing sleep paralysis on Wikihow when I came across lucid dreaming. I was hooked but nothing happened so I gave up.
Then, I found a WILD-related post on Tumblr and so I got hooked again. After heavily researching lucid dreaming in a scientific view and other things, I went to the lucid dreaming subreddit (/r/luciddreaming), where I came across Dreamviews and this lovely site.
It's pretty sad I gave up. I had a couple of really short lucid dreams but I couldn't do anything about them. Now that I have been here on ld4all for a while, I'm now teaching my friend how to LD.
I wonder who else has gotten into lucid dreaming from Wikihow and Tumblr. Hmm.

#116:  Author: Belgarion PostPosted: Fri 27 Jan, 2012
    ----
As far as I know, ive always been a lucid dreamer. It wasnt untill last year that I actually realized what I was doing so I decided to do some research on it. Now I lucid dream whenever possible.

#117:  Author: Marussia_Komer PostPosted: Fri 02 Mar, 2012
    ----
I saw on the Internet by accident and I wondered.Then I had research about it , looked for websites etc. I learned it.But had only one smile

#118:  Author: LDing PostPosted: Thu 08 Mar, 2012
    ----
He he... When I was a child, I was there, fazed in a dream... A big giant red "hit me"-like dreamsign came out of the blue. "This is a dream!" I told myself in excitement. The dream characters looked at me with faces like they are so confused. I didn't care about them that time. Some even asked me "If this is a dream, can you fly?" I took that as a challenge.

Wings materialized (I was a child! Vivid imagination was my middle name) as if out of my very will. I flew, breaking the 10-foot ceiling as I escaped. I flew all the way to the place I always wanted to go in my dreams... Mars...

I had very little idea what Mars actually was that moment. I just heard its a red planet near Earth that no one visited. So I went to it. Of course, I believed in aliens back then, so they were there. Little green men. I also noticed I didn't run out of air cause it was a dream!

Anyway, point is, got interested, went to the library, used the card catalog, made a side trip about what running sentences was, and saw the book about lucid dreaming. I KNEW about lucid dreaming at the time, my dad had 2 of those... He told me its name before that incident, and I always thought that LDs were made by chance.

TL;DR: When I was a child.

#119:  Author: ReaditTwice PostPosted: Sun 18 Mar, 2012
    ----
I had been reading about astral travelling and was practicing a technique from the book, similar to MILD, and found myself at a friend's door and spontaneously became lucid. I became so excited that I woke immediately so the whole thing lasted about 5 seconds! But the experience blew me away - awake in my own mind! That was 35 years ago and I have been studying and playing with LD ever since smile

#120:  Author: thoff96 PostPosted: Wed 21 Mar, 2012
    ----
I am learning from this site. it is very helpful. a few of my friends have thrown in suggestions. I have been doing reality checks, writing in a dream journal, and mainly reading through this site. All of you have been a great help and thanks.

#121: How did you start LD? Author: pnl PostPosted: Sun 25 Mar, 2012
    ----
Hey guys! smile

Im trying lucid dream for 1,5 week now and i was curious to know how did you, dreamers, started LD... Which technique did you use? when did you saw your first ld, and when did you finally could see LD every time you wanted to see..

If a topic like this exist, im sorry! tounge2
(bad english, sorry )

The only thing i could say about my LD practise, is that i had once a lucid dream for 30-45 seconds, where i was trying to fly but i could just go very slow and i flew about 20 meters high.. low lucidity i guess

#122:  Author: Judith PostPosted: Tue 29 May, 2012
    ----
The first time I heard about Lucid Dreaming was not a long time ago. My sister came home and she told me that a friend of her was trying to be aware that he's dreaming.
I was very interested and I started to Google it. Then I found out it is called Lucid Dreaming. Just a few days later I found this site, and it helped me a lot smile

#123:  Author: PeopleWhoShineCanSee PostPosted: Mon 04 Jun, 2012
    ----
I think it was a little over a year ago now, and I was on stumbleupon. I'm Buddhist, and how I learn about the stories of Buddha is I stumble about it. (I know, traditional right? ) Now this brought be to the wikipedia page about lucid dreams, since the monks where some of the first people to lucid dream. I had already known about that, and not known what lucid dreams where, but my curiosity never sparked until this page was right in my face. I was immediately wanting to try, and a google search later I had small black dots from a sharpie on my hands, and asked myself if I was dreaming every time I saw them. My first lucid dream was two nights later, and I was soon keeping a dream journal. It was only a few weeks ago that a friend showed me this website, and now here we are. ^^

#124:  Author: almighty catfish PostPosted: Wed 06 Jun, 2012
    ----
I was always interested in the mind and how dreams work. Then one day just casually researching about dreams and their meanings I came across an article about people controlling their dreams. So obviously, I thought to myself "wow that would be so fun!" and through further research that's how I came across lucid dreaming. Short and sweet huh.

#125:  Author: twit PostPosted: Thu 02 Aug, 2012
    ----
I learned to lucid dream by doing a series of reality checks every day whenever something out of the ordinary happened. I wanted to lucid dream because I didn't want to be limited to reality. I wanted to push the boundries. For some reason I really don't need to do lucid affirmations, I just do a reality check, and I'm lucid.

#126:  Author: Brielle PostPosted: Fri 03 Aug, 2012
    ----
I remember I knew what lucid dreaming was for a while, but was never really interested in it. I have a decent level awareness so I was very prone to lucid dreams caused by DILD... After 3-5 lucid dreams or so within the course of a few months because of DILD I thought about how cool it was that I was able to control everything in my dreams, and kinda escape reality. So it was then I decided to get into lucid dreaming, and actually using proper techniques and having them more frequently. So basically you can say I got into LDing by LDing. ^^

#127:  Author: Sliph PostPosted: Fri 03 Aug, 2012
    ----
I began my lucid journey after defeating a small recurring nightmare I'd had when I was younger, and also probably the movie Waking Life.

#128:  Author: Whisper PostPosted: Fri 03 Aug, 2012
    ----
Just try and try and hope that I can by sucessful. practice RC and WILD

#129:  Author: leedockbass PostPosted: Fri 03 Aug, 2012
    ----
A good friend of mine told me he wanted to try LDing and so I thought I'd give it a go. Three weeks later I had my first LD but to answer the question I learned almost all of my LDing techniques from this website and other similar ones. The internet is a crazy place... You can learn the strangest things. I'm sure glad I found out about this though!

#130:  Author: devosvictor PostPosted: Fri 10 Aug, 2012
    ----
First i read a book about it. That same day me and a girl imagined a world together where we would live.

It was an amazing place ( island ). And it came true in my dream, i was so excited i woke up instantly tounge1 Shame..

#131:  Author: MrMindBlow PostPosted: Sat 11 Aug, 2012
    ----
I had my first lucid dream when I was trying to improve my dream recall by keeping dream journal and chanting 'I will remember my dreams' in my head. I guess I accidentally did a MILD because I had a lucid dream that night ^^ .

#132:  Author: Nivv PostPosted: Sun 12 Aug, 2012
    ----
I've been intrigued by lucid dreaming since early 2012, and I did the odd reality check and kept a dream journal in the early months of the year. In April I had a moment of lucidity for the first time. It wasn't until June that I really got into it. I learnt huge amounts about it and read widely, and I had my first proper lucid dream on the night of the 18th of June, having started committing properly to my dream journaling and induction techniques.

Surprisingly for me, my first LD was technically a WILD, although it just involved me finding myself in SP somehow and managing to make a successful transition. MILD has not really worked for me. As such, most of my lucid dreams have either been the sort of WILD I just described or a DILD thanks to awareness and RCing during the day. SSILD seems to have worked on two occasions for me (and I've only done it 5-6 times) but I do not know if it was just a coincidence.

All in all I've gotten lucid 11 times and had 8 proper lucid dreams since really starting to work on it at the beginning of June. I consider it excellent progress and am very happy with how it's going. smile

EDIT: p.s. If anyone wonders how I've had so much success in a short period of time (and my LD rate is increasing), it's simply the amount of time I've put into reading about LDing and thinking about it. Oh and motivation.

#133:  Author: O_oNevermore PostPosted: Sun 02 Sep, 2012
    ----
I attribute my first lucid dream to dream themes.
All I did was read through this sites common "Recurring dreamthemes" found here. And then I read through my dream journal and made conscious note of my recurring dreamthemes (in the case of my first lucid dream, being at school was my most redcurrant dream theme).

Voilà! My first lucid dream at my highschool. I just became aware, no reality checks.

#134:  Author: Jhonnydreamwalker PostPosted: Tue 25 Sep, 2012
    ----
I had nightmares when I was a bit younger, I think I learned it there
now, I wake up sometimes but instead of getting out of my bed I fall asleep again, so I can dream freely smile
just today I hade a crazy dream, and so I found this site

srry for bad English colgate

#135:  Author: Koharo PostPosted: Thu 27 Sep, 2012
    ----
I learned from my blood brother, the term lucid dreaming from my best friend, and ways to amplify success and many other things from LD4all.

#136:  Author: AJ PostPosted: Sun 14 Oct, 2012
    ----
i've always had lucids as a kid, and one day me and my older bro were talking and he mentioned this cool dreaming technique his friend did. He was telling me about his reality checks * which he did not use that word * and his watch method. He said it was called lucid dreaming. I noticed about the lucid community in a game i played and then I heard of Ld4all by a friend. I came here, joined, and started to follow techniques, got my DJ and I started to write. Within a few weeks I got my first LD after trying techniques! I started in March.

#137:  Author: milod789 PostPosted: Tue 04 Dec, 2012
    ----
I had this skill when I was a kid and frequently had spontaneous lucid dreams though I did not know what they were called. I thought everyone dreamed like that. As I got older they became less frequent. One day I was in a mall bookstore. I just grabed a martial arts book and was going to cash out when I passed the " new age occult" section. As I was looking at the books I saw " exploring the world of lucid dreams" and it caught my attention. I flipped through the book and immediately understood what the book was about as I still had lucid dreams just not as often as I used to. I was excited to learn that I could learn to have lds on a regular basis. I have been into lucid dreaming ever since.

#138: I started with an Edgar Cayce group Author: sandy PostPosted: Wed 05 Dec, 2012
    ----
I joined an Edgar Cayce group where we touched on a little of everything. I actually did start with the whole dream diary thing but didn't really jump at me until I was in my mid 30's! For more then 10 years I was so exhausted from LDing all night, I had to sleep 9 hours a night with an hour or 2 nap in the afternoon! I still do. I can remember every dream all night, every night. It is still tiring.
Hey we ARE a LD site. Why don't we talk about Edgar Cayce more? He's the most famous of us all!

#139:  Author: Questing For Lucidity PostPosted: Wed 05 Dec, 2012
    ----
My first LD was a happy accident, every one after that has been thanks entirely to ld4all, the FAQs and Tutorials have been highly helpful to me. WTB, RCs, WILD and MILD have been the methods I've had some success with. I have much more to learn, but I'm well on my way.

Thanks ld4all!

#140:  Author: donald PostPosted: Fri 22 Feb, 2013
    ----
I've had 3 LD's. All have been spontanious. I am currently learning with Charlie Morley in the UK so that I can increase the frequency of my LD's.

#141:  Author: myechta_rukovodstva PostPosted: Fri 22 Feb, 2013
    ----
Um, honestly...

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

#142:  Author: Lost Latias PostPosted: Fri 22 Feb, 2013
    ----
I've always managed to LD... I don't know why - it's a rare thing to have a normal dream for me o.o

#143: LD Author: Jonaskr17 PostPosted: Wed 06 Mar, 2013
    ----
Haven't quite learned LD'ing yet.. Sometimes I've lost the hope of succeeding properly. I've had a few LD's through dream signs but I haven't learned WILD yet.

#144:  Author: Aaron Canty PostPosted: Thu 14 Mar, 2013
    ----
Learned online, through dreamviews and some more resources smile

#145:  Author: AJ PostPosted: Fri 15 Mar, 2013
    ----
Well, I've always have had lucid dreams since I was 3-4. I have a very good memory IWL, and asleep. smile It's like supernatural, it's not even funny. So anyways, I remember one night when I was 2 I woke up from a bad dream and I knew it was a dream but I couldn't do anything and I just went to my parents room. One of my first LD's was when I was 5/6 and I had a dream about the grim reaper being at my window and later I became lucid and ended the dream, so I vowed that my next nightmare about him I would know, so I had a nightmare about him when I was 6/7 and I knew it and so I saw him and tried to run away but my SC glued me to the ground and I had to sit there and watch him. I was only 7, so I had like no control.
Anyways, a few years ago my brother was talking about how people control their dreams by doing methods to fall asleep and be aware etc . and it sounded familiar and he called it lucid dreaming so I googled it last year around this time smile almost exactly a year ago and started.

GO DREAMING!!!

#146:  Author: jeweledcityquest PostPosted: Mon 18 Mar, 2013
    ----
I had a couple of spontaneous LDs and went online looking for info. I use some of the tips and tricks I've learned hear and from reading a couple of books, and right now have about 4 a month or so, but it feels like I'm on the verge of learning to have more.

#147:  Author: Anaxamander PostPosted: Thu 30 May, 2013
    ----
There was an episode of the 90's TV show Northern Exposure about a character (Chris) who has lucid dreams. I did some research to find out if it was a real thing, which led me to Stephen Laberge's books. That same day, I went to my university library and devoured "Lucid Dreaming."

#148:  Author: 4therace PostPosted: Mon 08 Jul, 2013
    ----
My first lucid dream was when I was only 5 or 6 years old, and I still remember it today.

It was a repetitive dream where I would fall into a black abyss. I was always so scared, but after the fourth time I knew I was dreaming, and I was calm. I never had this dream again.

#149:  Author: Clustafer PostPosted: Wed 02 Oct, 2013
    ----
Reality checks, recording dreams, and WBTB + WILD

#150:  Author: moonflue PostPosted: Wed 27 Nov, 2013
    ----
I actually didn't know about LD, then i heard a friend of mine talk about it. i made some research and found this forum and that's when i confirmed that i've been having LDs for a few months now.

#151:  Author: LDbc12 PostPosted: Sat 28 Dec, 2013
    ----
I've always wanted to be able to control my dreams... but I never knew I could do it so directly, while actually inside the dream... So after a quick google search of "how to control your dreams" I found out about lucid dreaming on Wikihow. This, of course lead to more in depth google searching and I found dreamviews and ld4all. I also found Stephen LaBerge's Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming (online), and had my first few LD's.

#152:  Author: tomvan PostPosted: Sat 18 Jan, 2014
    ----
google also helped me :D

#153:  Author: totheheadwiththeworld PostPosted: Sun 19 Jan, 2014
    ----
I had seen the amazing film Waking Life, and one night in my dream flipped a light switch just like he does in the movie - I did a reality check in a dream without even knowing what one was yet! Thats how I became lucid the first time, and since then have been studying any literature/video I can get my hands on.

#154:  Author: vortexae PostPosted: Thu 23 Jan, 2014
    ----
My first LD was before I even knew what they were, or that they were a thing. I was maybe seven, eight, something like that. I dreamed I was with my Dad, we were in something that was either a bank or a dry-cleaner's, I was waiting and waiting and waiting for him to get done, I was bored. And I knew I was dreaming. And I was bored. So I tried to wake up in order to get out of the boring, boring dream. I couldn't figure out how, though. I tried opening my eyes really wide, in hopes that would cause my body's eyes to open, but it didn't. I just had to wait the dream out.

Sometime in high school I found out lucid dreaming and astral projection as things you might actually try to do--don't recall whether it was first through books or first through online communities (I had a Prodigy account in I think 1992, there was an OBE discussion group somehow categorized under "Books") and I remembered that dream, and I thought, "Jeez! Wasted opportunity!"

I wouldn't say I've "learned" to LD. Every time I have one, it's always random, and almost never triggered by anything in the dream. It's pretty much always, "Hey, you know what? This is a dream!" But they have certainly happened more frequently since I decided I wanted to have them and began paying special attention to them when they showed up.

#155:  Author: vortexae PostPosted: Thu 23 Jan, 2014
    ----
totheheadwiththeworld wrote:
I had seen the amazing film Waking Life...

Oh, hooray, someone else who saw that movie! High five! It was fantastic and also a little creepy. Between its animation style and its surreality, it's sort of mixed up in my head with A Scanner Darkly though.

#156:  Author: sierramist PostPosted: Sun 26 Jan, 2014
    ----
the first time i realized lucid dreaming was actually a thing was when i was in 2nd grade girl scouts and we were supposed to draw a picture of a dream. i proceeded to tell my leaders how i can control my dreams, and they told me i was lying. some years later someone told me the name of this phenomena.

lucid dreaming has always came fairly naturally to me, so its eye opening to stumble upon this site and see people working for it and wanting to accomplish it.

#157:  Author: jfro86 PostPosted: Tue 11 Mar, 2014
    ----
i would be lucid in dreams frequently throughout my life. I didnt know there was a name for it at the time. When i was about 18 or so this kid was reading a book and talking about it and I took a look at the book. It talked about a technique where you count backward in your head from 10 to 1 then forward from 1 to ten while visualizing the numbers as you go. I tried it and it worked. ever since then i can go off into dreamland whenever the time is right

#158: Dream recall Author: Lucid_lukegorman PostPosted: Sat 29 Mar, 2014
    ----
[i]im having problmes with recall ,about a month a go i was fillings pages in my journal but now i struggle to fill a page and when i do its only every second night

can anyone help me out with some tips ? siiw [/i][/list]

#159: Re: Dream recall Author: moogle PostPosted: Sat 29 Mar, 2014
    ----
Lucid_lukegorman wrote:
im having problmes with recall ,about a month a go i was fillings pages in my journal but now i struggle to fill a page and when i do its only every second night

can anyone help me out with some tips ? siiw
[/list]

Check out Improving Dream Recall. There is also the big remembering dreams topic in the stuff forum.

#160:  Author: Bom PostPosted: Mon 21 Apr, 2014
    ----
Well, after typing "controlling dreams" on google and finding out websites, I spend days reading about it, if not weeks. I said that I should really try it and I did. I started to do RCs, being more aware of stuff, writing down dreams and what starters do to get a lucid. After like 3 months I think of no success I give up. In like a week from that I get my first LD and I got extremely excited then I joined all kind of forums and then I got persistent with it. It's been like a year and a month now since I started LDing and with 57 lucids, I say I'm doing quite good. Considering that I do nothing to get them.. just writing dreams down. I should really really start doing ADA or something... jesus.

#161:  Author: Drakeyfox PostPosted: Tue 06 May, 2014
    ----
I was 13 years old when I first started to LD. I'm 20 now. Wow, that's a really long time o3o
I think I first found out from lucidipedia (can't remember if the website was up or not when I was 13)

#162:  Author: nattsy PostPosted: Sun 22 Jun, 2014
    ----
The only dreams I remember up to the age of about 17 is seeing my head with a thought bubble next to it with a picture of a butcher with a meat cleaver. And at about age 18 I dreamt I was in a room with 4 doors and people peering in though the doors looking at me will a record player in the middle of the room was playing my favourite tune. It was almost on the point of recognizing it was a dream. I could hear my self in my mind saying . God listen to that .and wondering why.....later on in my life that wondering why thought progressed into knowing why " it's a dream that's why" And that's how I started lucid dreaming or I call it waking up in my dreams. Or just knowing... The is history yet to fully unfold,,,,,,,, the strange thing about it is that it's true..if someone could tell me it's a load of rubbish , it would be lot easier to understand,,

#163:  Author: drd PostPosted: Sun 22 Jun, 2014
    ----
I first learned about LDs when I was 21. I stumbled upon DV, read about LDs, and some of the techniques used to to obtain them. It turns out that I had been having LDs for years (not frequently), I just didn't know what what they were. After about a week of doing RCs and keeping a DJ I started having frequent LDs.

Last edited by drd on Sun 22 Jun, 2014; edited 1 time in total

#164:  Author: nattsy PostPosted: Sun 22 Jun, 2014
    ----
I Cant imagine been anyone else??? Try it

#165: exploring the world of lucid dream Author: LucidDreamingUniverse PostPosted: Wed 16 Jul, 2014
    ----
I learned to lucid dream by following the techniques outlined in Stephen Laberge's Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming.

#166: How I learned Author: Alex_Maven PostPosted: Thu 28 Aug, 2014
    ----
I learned by reading Stephen LeBerge books.

#167:  Author: Doringo PostPosted: Wed 24 Dec, 2014
    ----
I tried all kinds of methods and did constant reality checks, all that I learned off the internet. Nothing worked.

My first lucid dream was during a lucid holiday and from a blind assumption that I was dreaming, I didn't even do any reality checks because I already felt rather lucid (and lazy).

#168:  Author: krage97 PostPosted: Wed 07 Jan, 2015
    ----
People in my school had always talked about it.
I listened to them but i never really thought it was true, until i found a self meditation lucid dreaming track on itunes.
Then i started to read about it on wikipedia and then i found this website!
grin

#169:  Author: force323 PostPosted: Tue 07 Apr, 2015
    ----
I was surfing on the Internet on dromen (dreaming) and I came on the Wikipedia dromen topic (dreaming) and I read the whole page about this topic. So I also read the lucide dromen (lucid dreaming) topic. And the next what I did was searching about lucide dromen(lucid dreaming) on the Internet. And I came on ld4all.nl the Dutch forum of ld4all. Yes I,m Dutch wink

#170:  Author: Simax PostPosted: Tue 12 May, 2015
    ----
I randomly got an on-and-off interest for lucid dreaming a couple of years ago, meaning that I read a lot about it at times, but I've always been too lazy to bother actually trying reality checks and methods and such (except for once when I did some kind of WILD thing). So when I've had lucid dreams, it's been sheer luck and/or because I've been reading and thinking so much about it lately.

#171:  Author: TimeLess PostPosted: Mon 01 Jun, 2015
    ----
The path for me was rather hard actually, it took me a few weeks to a few months to have my first real lucid dream. When I was a young child I had them, but the I stopped myself having them (long story but the short is one of the lucid dreams scared me as a child and as I didn't understand I avoid doing it. .. funny way to look at it)

The hard part: for me it was WILD- and although I learned to use this later, it is very very hard for me to do. I struggle falling asleep at the best of times, and with aWILD I would not get any sleep at all.

Pros: being a light sleeper, it was easy to recall my dreams upon awakening, and I woke up a lot. That lead to a lot of WB2B methods, which worked in my later skill set, but to start with I kept trying to WILD which did not work. For it was all about DILD, and RC.

The biggest PRO was my desire, and focus. I spent a lot of time on this board, anda lot of time thinking about what it would be like and a lot of energy trying to make it happen. my general goal was a RC every time I looked at my watch and at least one every half an hour.

My first lucid dream came as a shock to me, lasted about...15 seconds, and I could do almost nothing special other than realise it was a dream, I recall changing what was inside a draw (one object to another) which formed part of my RC, and then pushing my hand through a wall.

From that point forwards I was hooked, as I finally understood what it was all about. I forced my consciousness into my dreams and went from LDing once every few weeks, to every few days, then to multiple times a night.

The recall for me was one of the most amazing transformations though. When I first started, it would be about 3 lines of text. At the height of my recall I could write 10 a4 pages in detail. And to this day, when I look over the first few sentences in the journal, it comes back to me in an amazing way, like no other memory. And the better I became at my recall, the better my lucid dreams became, the stronger my desire to proceed and the more emotion I carried with me, which ofcourse fed itself into an amazing experience. Limitless.

Then I stopped trying. For years they would come nightly anyway, then weekly, then my recall faded but I still have them on part. The energy has never really gone away and now I am back, its been about 10 years, funny how things work out.

So in short, focus was key, RC was key and Dream Recall was nothing short of essential. Also learn what doesn't work for you, and then put your energy into what does until you get good at that, then re focus on other areas, and it will benefit you all around.

Happy Dreaming.
Time

#172:  Author: N@t3 PostPosted: Fri 12 Aug, 2016
    ----
How did I learn to have LD's on purpose neutral

It took more than a year :D I had LD's even when I was a child, about five or sixs years old. When I was about 17 I read about lucid dreaming and was immediately fascinated by the idea to train to have LD's!
I'm a impatient and stubborn person. First step was to figure out which RC will work. Even that took a few months after I saw that the one with the nose works the best. Now I need no other RC, this only one works perfectly smile
After that I tried many techniques to indicate an LD or to enhance the chance to have one - WBTB and WILD, FILD, just everything I tried at least once, tried to figure out my dream signs, failed at recognizing, didn't fall alseep at all or had a lot of bad dreams...
Now, finally, years after training I made it to controll WILD-technique almost perfectly. Now I can fall asleep in the morning or afternoon, I just have to keep in mind: "I'll dream lucid when I'm dreaming!" and wake up in a dream, lucid at once.
What helped me to get to this point was also the DEILD-technique and something what's called iWILD. To spend time here helps me lucid dreaming too because I think a lot about LD's when I'm awake smile
I read several books, Stepehn LaBerg's book of course too and a German one what was really, really cool because it wasn't only about LD's and how to get them, no, it even explained a lot about dreaming, how other cultures treat their dreams, what science think dreams are and what you can do in your LD's, like transfiguration, superpowers, flying and a lot more :D Everything was in detail, with reports of other dreamers and preparation.
Yes, I guess that's it. It took me a while to learn it and I broke up several times because I'm so impatient but it was worth all the time :D Now I can use my dreams for my creative work grin

#173:  Author: Kogz PostPosted: Tue 18 Oct, 2016
    ----
For me, initially attaining lucidity and dream control was a lot like how I learned to swim. Falling into the pool and forced to either sink or swim.

#174:  Author: JimMorrison PostPosted: Sun 19 Mar, 2017
    ----
I do not control it yet, I've had one lucid dream. But I have a question about this. When you practice WBTB and after a while you stop setting an alarm at night, will you still get lucid dreams?

#175:  Author: Letaali PostPosted: Sun 19 Mar, 2017
    ----
JimMorrison wrote:
I do not control it yet, I've had one lucid dream. But I have a question about this. When you practice WBTB and after a while you stop setting an alarm at night, will you still get lucid dreams?

Can you get a lucid dream without WBTB? Yes. Can you WBTB without an alarm? Yes. WBTB increases your chances of becoming lucid and works with any technique, so why not do it whenever you can.

#176:  Author: JimMorrison PostPosted: Sun 19 Mar, 2017
    ----
Right thanks! I'll do it tonight then smile

#177: easy Author: Log1c PostPosted: Mon 03 Jul, 2017
    ----
I simply found a video and got extremely interested! siiw

#178:  Author: Selkie PostPosted: Tue 22 Aug, 2017
    ----
I credit poor sleep habits and regular sleep paralysis starting as a teenager. I had ample opportunity to figure it out.

#179:  Author: RoHS PostPosted: Mon 02 Oct, 2017
    ----
First I read on the Internet about lucid dreams.Then I began to read Stephen Laberge's books. Became write a dreams journal. In 4 months I dreamed of the first LD.
The method of "interrupted dream" worked.

#180: How i came to lucid dreaming Author: Insomnia44 PostPosted: Thu 26 Oct, 2017
    ----
Bro i needed 2 month to get my first lucid dream :D
I first came in contact with this whole thing with inception.
Like ... everybody I think :D !

#181:  Author: Ruiter762 PostPosted: Wed 01 Nov, 2017
    ----
I read a lot of books. Spent nights in the internet reading articles and beeing in panels. I took a lot of time to get my first LD but it was worth the effort :D

#182:  Author: PremiumOtter PostPosted: Fri 17 Aug, 2018
    ----
Articles, videos, forums, etc., perusing various internet sources and gathering as much information as I could on the subject.

#183:  Author: Bruce Bones PostPosted: Tue 18 Sep, 2018
    ----
hey, new here, still a virgin tho sadblauw
Ive been trying for a few months and nothing, I do know a lot of times that Im in a dream, but cant get lucid.
any pointers are welcomed. glgl

#184:  Author: EarthlyInspired PostPosted: Tue 18 Sep, 2018
    ----
Hi Bruce, welcome!

Can you elaborate on what you mean by:

Bruce Bones wrote:
I do know a lot of times that Im in a dream, but cant get lucid.

Generally, to know you are in a dream is the definition of being lucid. However, your level of lucidity can be across a broad spectrum, from lucid without self control to lucid and in control of every aspect of the dream.

#185:  Author: Bruce Bones PostPosted: Tue 18 Sep, 2018
    ----
EarthlyInspired wrote:
Hi Bruce, welcome!

Can you elaborate on what you mean by:

Bruce Bones wrote:
I do know a lot of times that Im in a dream, but cant get lucid.

Generally, to know you are in a dream is the definition of being lucid. However, your level of lucidity can be across a broad spectrum, from lucid without self control to lucid and in control of every aspect of the dream.
tyty smile
that a couple times Ive noticed Im dreaming, but just go with whatever is happening, like I dont take control, or become "lucid enough"
I know its no hurry and it will happen when it happens, but wanted to know if somewhat went through this faze*

#186:  Author: EarthlyInspired PostPosted: Wed 19 Sep, 2018
    ----
Yes, I believe this is fairly normal smile

When we dream, the logic center of our brain is not as active as when we are awake, which means we don't always think as clearly in our dreams. This means that sometimes, even when we realize we're dreaming, we don't quite have the clarity to really control ourselves in the dream, or even realize we can. That is why the WBTB technique is so popular (Wake Back to Bed). Have you heard of this technique yet? In summary, you would set an alarm for 2 to 3 hours before your usual wake up time. After your alarm, you get out of bed and stay awake for between 15 minutes and an hour, without doing anything physically strenuous. This allows the logic side of your brain to reactivate while your body is still somewhat resting. You then go back to sleep and your remaining two hours of sleep (which are when we dream the most), will be full of dreams with enhanced logic capabilities. This makes it much easier to become lucid, and have improved lucidity too.

I would also suggest spending some time brainstorming and day dreaming about what you would want to do if you did become lucid, and then revisit it all again right before you go to sleep. That way if you become lucid, it may trigger this "to-do list" that you have, and may help you realize that you can choose what you do in your lucid dreams smile

I'm hardly one to talk, as I've recently had dreams where my legs aren't even attached to my body, and I still don't even realize something's up, like maybe this is a dream, since that's not even possible... talk about lack of logic lach1

#187:  Author: Bruce Bones PostPosted: Thu 20 Sep, 2018
    ----
Haha tyty
I actually tried to do WBTB today, but didnt know you had to stay awake for 15min or so, will def try your suggestions

#188:  Author: EarthlyInspired PostPosted: Thu 20 Sep, 2018
    ----
Good luck and don’t give up ^^

#189:  Author: Anatta PostPosted: Wed 17 Oct, 2018
    ----
A girl was presenting a research project in high school on the subject of dreams. I immediately went home and preformed a google search and found this site along with LaBerge reading material. This was around 2000 I think. I had a good routine going on and off for a few years with great results. Unfortunately life got in the way and my interest waned so here I am again starting from scratch to assist with my dhamma practice. I'm extremely rusty but on the upside I've clocked thousands of hours of meditation since then so I'm eager to see how much it helps with lucid dreaming. flower

#190:  Author: EarthlyInspired PostPosted: Fri 19 Oct, 2018
    ----
Cool, I would love to hear how you get on, and if you notice a significant advantage in LD training with your acquired mental skills from meditation. I have a firm belief that meditation can help tremendously in LDing! Even just the from the occasions where I fall out of meditation, I notice my LDing start to slide as well.

#191:  Author: Anatta PostPosted: Sat 20 Oct, 2018
    ----
EarthlyInspired wrote:
Cool, I would love to hear how you get on, and if you notice a significant advantage in LD training with your acquired mental skills from meditation. I have a firm belief that meditation can help tremendously in LDing! Even just the from the occasions where I fall out of meditation, I notice my LDing start to slide as well.

Well just had my first LD since being back on my third night of practice. I believe that's my record after taking a long break (it's been about a decade since I last kept a dream journal). I had one the very first night I read about lucid dreaming when I was 14 or 15 but that was probably beginner's luck so I don't count it. Also part of the reason I came back was I developed the ability to achieve WILD during my normal daytime meditations about a month ago. I always wanted to do that when I was a kid and never was able to without cheating (WBTB, going 24 hours without sleep, etc.) Unfortunately as I told moogle, I need my meditation sessions for meditation but it motivated me to get back in the habit with some old fashioned MILD and go for that 7-8 hours lucid goal (which I never achieved). Anyways, so far so good! I can't tell if the meditation is responsible but normally it used to take me a good week to two weeks of recording dreams before I saw results.

#192: How I learned to lucid dream Author: -inc3ption PostPosted: Sat 19 Jan, 2019
    ----
I originally learned to lucid dream from following some youtube videos. I think it may have been Reece69? And some of GizEdwards videos. From watching so much lucid dreaming info I eventually started to notice dreamsigns and quite a few times of spontaneous lucidity. From there I have just absorbed as much info as I could smile

#193:  Author: weise55210 PostPosted: Wed 10 Apr, 2019
    ----
Astral Projection

#194: Through dream journals and reality checks Author: The_Priest PostPosted: Thu 18 Apr, 2019
    ----
And when I was studying abroad. Being there for a week I dreamt twice about being back home. The third day I said to myself, if I dream I'm back home again, this is defo a dream. And then I went lucid that night (even after having had a couple of drinks).
The following LDs often came after experiencing something that 'couldn't be true' in RL.

#195:  Author: Flexibility PostPosted: Wed 01 May, 2019
    ----
I learned it by accident while i was very young.
Been working on techniques for my whole life, but specificaly on astral projections, because they are more powerful and yet same thing as lucid dreaming.

#196:  Author: Obliverum PostPosted: Thu 02 May, 2019
    ----
its interesting to read about how everyone learned to LD!

i was originally counseled to learn because i suffer from chronic nightmares, and i eventually did some research and found they could be used for their own sake too. i like to take a proactive approach to dreaming smile

#197:  Author: GeneralCoco27 PostPosted: Mon 13 May, 2019
    ----
Happened to me multiple times spontaneously when I was a child. Didn't know exactly what it was and always tried to wake up. I found out you can completely control your LD by searching my ''condition'' ~10 years ago when I was ~18 years old. I managed to increase the rate of LD's by use of MILD and WBTB techniques and actively controlled ~10-20 them. I tried WILD many times, but somehow I can never fall asleep when staying conscious.

#198: Gaining control of LD? Author: jamie.l PostPosted: Tue 28 May, 2019
    ----
I've only had lucid dreams a handful of times but I've never been able to take control even though I'm aware that I'm dreaming. How do you learn to control things?

Also, I've been trying to perfect my sleep patterns and found a sleep calculator(https://startsleeping.org/sleep-calculator  /) that includes age, which none of the other ones seem to have. Apparently that's the biggest determining factor. Is that true?

#199: Re: Gaining control of LD? Author: Letaali PostPosted: Fri 31 May, 2019
    ----
jamie.l wrote:
I've only had lucid dreams a handful of times but I've never been able to take control even though I'm aware that I'm dreaming. How do you learn to control things?

Also, I've been trying to perfect my sleep patterns and found a sleep calculator(https://startsleeping.org/sleep-calculator  /) that includes age, which none of the other ones seem to have. Apparently that's the biggest determining factor. Is that true?

Only thing limiting you in lucid dreams is you. If you think some action requires effort or might fail, it most likely will. Confidence is key. Remind yourself that nothing around you is real. Locked doors can be walked through, because they are not really there.

And about sleep timings. Those vary from person to person. Best way to learn what works for you is to just test different timings.

#200:  Author: Moxieofthemoon PostPosted: Thu 27 Jun, 2019
    ----
I had learned about lucid dreaming maybe a year before this actually happened, but I could never seem to get myself to do it by myself. I almost achieved it one time by looking at a digital clock and noticing that the time was really off with how it looked outside, but I freaked out too much and woke up.

When I actually, fully attained a lucid dream and could control it, I was helped by a reoccurring dream character (read about them in my dream journal, link in siggy). I was with him in the kitchen of my old house and we were about to leave, but these older people came in through the back door, who I realized were his grandparents but they were supposed to be dead. I started freaking out and my dream character turned me to him and told me I was dreaming! I had to take control of it because I was dreaming! And so I became lucid, and I was able to take us to a safer place.

That's the low detail version anyway, but still, it was pretty wild.
I wasn't able to have consistent lucid dreams after that, until recently.
Believe it or not, I performed a ritual back in January, and since then my lucid dreams have been pretty abundant, although I do find I kind of have to 'renew' the ritual, and do it at least once or twice a month. Totally worth it, though. I've definitely gotten better at lucid dreaming since then, and I think I'll be able to have them soon, without the help of a ritual.

#201:  Author: Kumoki PostPosted: Wed 31 Jul, 2019
    ----
I agree! its very interesting to read all your stories^^

for me...ive been trying for YEARS but I think im blocking myself? its very hard to get lucid but I feel like mentally im standing in the way of....myself? haha if that makes sense

actually until last year I lived in a very broken home which was...idk it felt like a mental hospital, it felt like i was actually trapped in a nightmare. i cant even remember how but i stumbled over the author Charlie Morley and I think bc of him I got into lucid dreaming.....also reading through your stories...I noticed something. Usually I can never remember what other dream characters told me or I feel liek i rarely talk to them. I never learned form my family or anyone to have "normal" conversations and I find it hard to communicate so I thought I could do this in lucid dreams...also, I wanted to perform on stage as a singer and guitarist in my lucid dreams and get over my anxiety...I do so at home in waking state but I really want to have my idol sing with me in my dreams...so far I couldnt accomplish that - I dont really know what I can do to improve my skills:/
Still, I wont give up! I even try to convince friends to try it, because its an incredible feeling and you could discover so many hidden things if you just dare to take a look! Right?

#202:  Author: Phaze PostPosted: Sat 05 Oct, 2019
    ----
first time lucided by youtube video guide, than learnt Mihail Raduga's course

#203:  Author: Kontajes PostPosted: Sun 06 Oct, 2019
    ----
I all of a sudden started havi g lucid dreams while in prison for my last 6 months. It was all of a sudden. Really quick i realized i could control my dreams and it was my excape and was very exciting. It was my way to excape. But then the day i got out it stopped and i could not do it no more. I dont understand y. There was a port on the wall ubove my head for satellite radio maybe that caused the dreams. I really dont know y or how i had em but at the time i was in very much contro and looked forward to sleeping cause i always knew i would be having an exciting dream almost like a bad *** movie every night and after a few days i could control the dreams i would even wake up to go to the bathroom and go back to sleep and continue the dreams it was amazing. I want to be able to have lucid dreams again but dont know how i guess

LD4all » General Lucidness

Page 1 of 1
printed from the LD4all.com lucid dreaming forum. Content copyrighted by the author.
Lucid dreamers unite! visit LD4all.com