Dizziness Upon Reaching Lucidity

Author  Message 
DayLight
RIP Albert Hofmann
cookie lover
LD count: ?

Dizziness Upon Reaching Lucidity
PostPosted: Tue 09 May, 2006  Reply with quote

In one of my first LD's, I had a FA, and I was looking at a picture, and I realized every time I looked away from it and then looked back, the picture was different. I decided to get up and do a reality check by turining the lights on and off(trying to breathe through a plugged nose is much more effective), and when I got up, I was so dizzy I could barely stand. Has anyone else had this problem?

PS - The night of this LD I took several Sleep Naturally pills and used WBTB.

MorMor
No dreams left...
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Thu 18 May, 2006  Reply with quote

no i have never had it. Are you shure you wasnt just sleepy. It could have been the slleping pills... but i dont really know wath they contains.

Basilus West
Cat of Ulthar
LD4all addict
LD count: 199

PostPosted: Thu 18 May, 2006  Reply with quote

I don't think it had anything to do with the sleeping pills, cause you were in a dream. Real dizzyness must be related with internal ear and bodily sensations merging in the brain and those processes are certainly not working when you're sleeping.

I remember having had some curious effects during FA's, like feeling very sleepy (what is funny cause I was already sleeping smile ). Actually FA's contents are often very close to OBE-like LD's (you're in your bedroom, you get out of your bed) and many people experience loss of balance during OBE's. But I don't know what it could be due to. whatsthat

Lucid_Mike
The Dreamer
Astral Explorer
Lucid_Mike has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

PostPosted: Wed 24 May, 2006  Reply with quote

I definately have had this. Both feeling sleepy and feeling dizzy, especially in ND's and near-LD's. Once I get full lucidity, it all passes. Some of my WILD's start like this too.

In fact, I've thought I was drunk in many ND's because of this. Sleepy and dizzy? Gotta be drunk, says my SC.

Datameister
needs more sleep!
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Wed 24 May, 2006  Reply with quote

I've never been dizzy, exactly, but I've certainly gotten strange sensations upon becoming lucid. A few times, the sheer excitement of realizing I'm dreaming has caused a sort of rush--I felt panicked and elated and terrified and enormously pleased all at once. Almost caused me to wake up, because my real body felt those sensations.

I wouldn't be too concerned about your dizziness, unless it starts happening frequently.

bquips
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
bquips has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: quite a lot

PostPosted: Tue 01 Feb, 2011  Reply with quote

I experience FA a lot, I cant say Im a fan really because it can get jumbled with RL and that causes problems wink however, the dizziness is something I dont experience until I wake up properly, then I get odd sensations like a buzzing in my head and I cant stand up straight away because I would probably fall over again. Thats only after a FA though, I have never experienced that within a dream.

Current LD goal(s): not to be afraid

print