SSILD (2.0) Tutorial

Author  Message 
cosmic.iron
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: Thousands

PostPosted: Wed 06 Feb, 2013  Reply with quote

Autumn wrote:
You absolutely have my permission to use my experience! I would like to add what I did preceding this event. When I went back to bed I started my SSILD technique and 2 times I got awoken slightly by HI and could feel my body extremely heavy and numb but I just HAD to move. On the second time this happened i wiggled my fingers and then started SSILD again. I got 2 reps into the first cycle and was out like a light and not soon after had my first FA of the six.

Thank you Autumn. That is a fantastic experience!

Paulicus
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 4 or so

almost WILD

I used this a few days ago (been trying to get back into LDing) after WBTB... I had one or two really intense HI moments, and felt lots of vibrations in my ears (they actually felt hot after). Didn't quite WILD, but I could tell I was very close! Of course I was intending to just get a DILD, but a WILD would be a nice bonus smile

I haven't noticed as much HI though the last few times. Could it be not waking in the right part of the sleep cycle?

Current LD goal(s): look at my dream body, talk with a dream character and look at them closely
Inovox
LD count: 4

After 8 months of trying on and off to lucid dream (on purpose, of course; I had 3 spontaneously before this), I finally had my first DILD last night thanks to this method. I woke up at 6:30 AM, stayed up for about 5 minutes more in bed, and I got only about 2 cycles in until I was asleep. In the dream, I was walking with my old friend Mike and we saw that the card and comic shop had turned into a mini-arcade. I walked in and there were people hanging around the door, and the games inside were all mostly retro. It was very small.

As we were waling out, I was looking back at the new corner store and Mike said "Hey, it's kinda weird that they would just put that there so fast. Are you sure you're not dreaming?". That moment I asked myself: "Wait a second, I am dreaming...". Then the dream ended after about 5 more seconds, or so I thought! I had one FA as well, and finally woke up at 7:20. Curiously enough, my parents usually wake up at 6:30, but last night they woke up about 30 seconds after I did O_o. Still, I'm pretty happy that I finally had an intentional lucid dream, even if for a few seconds. Thank you cosmic.iron.

Golvellius
Dreamsicle
Novice dreamer
LD count: XX

PostPosted: Thu 07 Feb, 2013  Reply with quote

I've never woken up in the middle of SP before I tried this technique.

Last night it happened again, I dreamed that I was trying to get out of a building with no exit by crawling under the wall. I couldn't get my torso under the wall so I exhaled as much as I could to... compact myself. But I got stuck, and I couldn't inhale.
Then I woke up in SP after panicking for a bit, then taking a deep breath and breaking out of it. I could've DEILD'd if I wasn't so panicked.

The ride never ends.

cosmic.iron
Somniologist
Somniologist

Golvellius wrote:
I've never woken up in the middle of SP before I tried this technique.

Last night it happened again, I dreamed that I was trying to get out of a building with no exit by crawling under the wall. I couldn't get my torso under the wall so I exhaled as much as I could to... compact myself. But I got stuck, and I couldn't inhale.
Then I woke up in SP after panicking for a bit, then taking a deep breath and breaking out of it. I could've DEILD'd if I wasn't so panicked.

The ride never ends.

SP, for a lucid dreamer, is a good friend smile Next time don't break out of it. Try spin yourself into a dream.

dreamergirl123
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 3

I someone how managed to turn off my alarm, and I have no memory of it. How could I not remember reaching into my pillow case?!

Current LD goal(s): Fly!
The0neThe0nly
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

Really great tutorial, I am excited to try this. I wish there was a 'Thank you' button. smile

Golvellius
Dreamsicle
Novice dreamer

cosmic.iron wrote:
SP, for a lucid dreamer, is a good friend smile Next time don't break out of it. Try spin yourself into a dream.

I would, but it's hard to tell that I'm in SP and not still in a dream. Not that I can tell that I'm in a dream when this is happening, but you get the idea. So I end up breaking out of it without realizing. It's also quite hard to think rationally when as far as you can tell, you can't breathe.

Kache_
Night King
Somniologist
LD count: a lot

Golvellius wrote:
cosmic.iron wrote:

I would, but it's hard to tell that I'm in SP and not still in a dream. Not that I can tell that I'm in a dream when this is happening, but you get the idea. So I end up breaking out of it without realizing. It's also quite hard to think rationally when as far as you can tell, you can't breathe.

It certainly takes a while to get used to it. I must have had it over 100 times now but I still break out of it because of uneven breathing.

Golvellius
Dreamsicle
Novice dreamer

Can I do the first 3 cycles while sitting up in bed (eyes closed and all that) then lie down for the other 1 or 2 before I sleep? Is that fine? I'm still falling asleep far too quickly.

cosmic.iron
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Fri 08 Feb, 2013  Reply with quote

Golvellius wrote:
Can I do the first 3 cycles while sitting up in bed (eyes closed and all that) then lie down for the other 1 or 2 before I sleep? Is that fine? I'm still falling asleep far too quickly.

You could try that. One DreamViews a person did it while sitting in a chair and it seemed to work.

dreamergirl123
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 3

PostPosted: Fri 08 Feb, 2013  Reply with quote

I attempted this method last night and it didn't work. I'm not sure what happened sadblauw I'll try again tonight though.

Current LD goal(s): Fly!
lucky1990
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Mon 11 Feb, 2013  Reply with quote

Hey Cosmic.iron, Here's four quick questions for you

1. Do I have to repeat the cycles until I fall asleep, or is it enough that I do 3-4 cycles in slow motion?

2. While doing the cycle, Do I have to exclusively focus on the component alone, when I am doing the component. Ex: While looking at the void behind eyelids, do I hv to exclusively focus on it, keeping other components in abeyance? Sometimes I get distracted and focus on sounds as well, while looking at my closed eyelids.

3. My fan is quite noisy, as a result I am unable to focus on subtle internal sounds and always get distracted to focus externally at the sound of my fan. Is it OK?

4. What about thoughts that I have when I am doing the cycles. Do I have to ignore them or suppress them?

Thank you.

cosmic.iron
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Tue 12 Feb, 2013  Reply with quote

lucky1990 wrote:
Hey Cosmic.iron, Here's four quick questions for you

1. Do I have to repeat the cycles until I fall asleep, or is it enough that I do 3-4 cycles in slow motion?

2. While doing the cycle, Do I have to exclusively focus on the component alone, when I am doing the component. Ex: While looking at the void behind eyelids, do I hv to exclusively focus on it, keeping other components in abeyance? Sometimes I get distracted and focus on sounds as well, while looking at my closed eyelids.

3. My fan is quite noisy, as a result I am unable to focus on subtle internal sounds and always get distracted to focus externally at the sound of my fan. Is it OK?

4. What about thoughts that I have when I am doing the cycles. Do I have to ignore them or suppress them?

Thank you.

Hi lucky, pls see my answers below:

1. There is no need to repeat the cycles till falling asleep. Doing so can potentially making it difficult to fall asleep actually.

2. It is okay to simultaneously feel other sensations, but you probably don't want to do that consciously. The trick to a successful SSILD session is really in finding the perfect balance between sufficient stimulation to the various senses and being able to fall asleep quickly afterwards. The stimulation is achieved through "focusing"; therefore you need to make sure there are sporadic moments of staying focused during each slow cycle.

3. Focusing on external noises is perfect okay.

4. Do not suppress the random thoughts. You need them to carry you away so you can relax more quickly and it also makes it easier to fall asleep after the exercise. Just make sure you pull your thoughts back to focus on the sensations once in a while.

cosmic.iron
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Tue 12 Feb, 2013  Reply with quote

dreamergirl123 wrote:
I attempted this method last night and it didn't work. I'm not sure what happened sadblauw I'll try again tonight though.

Let me know how you did it (the more details the better) so I can help you diagnose.

print